Reply
Contributor
GreatCreditFor2012
Posts: 95
Registered: ‎02-26-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

I've been in the Garden since May of this year... You'll be surprised at how easy it is just to stay gated up and water when there is a Goal your trying to reach. Not coming out till March 2013 when go on an app spree (Auto Loan, BCE, Cli from BBMC) according to the foci score simulator my Scores should be in the low 700s.



Valued Contributor
chasmith
Posts: 1,062
Registered: ‎05-26-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

Two months today, impatiently waiting for my Silver Spade a month from now.

 

I did get a "soft" $500.00 CLI from the BBRZ card this month by hitting the "request increase button".  From what I've seen you can get one of those every six months.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
Lzzybeth
Posts: 50
Registered: ‎03-13-2008
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

Stopping by to claim my sliver spade and share my own FICO score progress, woot!!!

 

  • 11/2/12 : 644
  • 11/11/12 : 655
  • 11/18/12 : 660
  • 12/6/12 : 683

Gardening DOES work, you just have to be dedicated and only apply for that which you can obtain. Don't waste your time or your HPs on products you won't use or don't benefit your future goals.

 

Me, I plan on staying in the garden until at least May of 2013. At that time, I'll see whether my scores have broken 700 before I consider applying for anything else. I never thought my scores would rise like they have!! Needless to say, I'm very grateful to my local credit union for the $5K MasterCard they extended to me and being a part of the Garden Club.

Be strong, garden hard!


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 624
Current Score:Dec 2014: EQ - 740
Goal Score: Across the Board: 720
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
GC Challenge: App Free Since 12/28/2012 and No Apps Until ...
Established Contributor
thankfulheart
Posts: 619
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

Sheepishly putting away my spade and pulling out my seedlings again. :smileysad:  I did a very bad thing, I knew better, but I was impulsive and dumb. ~sigh~  USAA sent me a 0% BT offer for a platinum Visa and I apped. The worst part is that they did NOT approve me for it; countered with their rebuilder w/ $1000 CL which I accepted b/c I wasn't going to get NOTHING for the HP.  I don't remember what the reasons were offhand (hoping there's a letter), but UTIL was mentioned, of course.  Lesson learned.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,789
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

Sorry to hear thankfulheart, util sure is an app killer. I also got denied before solely due to that reason.
But welcome back to the garden! :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Contributor
RonDawg
Posts: 322
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

so much time so little to do..

 

::Takes a hard look around at his garden and sees his credit score growing, he then notices that the credit card limits are begining to sprout as well a smile appears on his face he reaches for his gardening gloves and then remembers he never took them off::  :smileyhappy:

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

I'm checking in! My spade is still bronze... on the 13th my last app will be 2 months old. Here's to gardening until January!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012


Lzzybeth wrote:

Hi everyone!

Stopping by to claim my sliver spade and share my own FICO score progress, woot!!!

 

  • 11/2/12 : 644
  • 11/11/12 : 655
  • 11/18/12 : 660
  • 12/6/12 : 683

Gardening DOES work, you just have to be dedicated and only apply for that which you can obtain. Don't waste your time or your HPs on products you won't use or don't benefit your future goals.

 

Me, I plan on staying in the garden until at least May of 2013. At that time, I'll see whether my scores have broken 700 before I consider applying for anything else. I never thought my scores would rise like they have!! Needless to say, I'm very grateful to my local credit union for the $5K MasterCard they extended to me and being a part of the Garden Club.

Be strong, garden hard!


 

Nice, nice increase, and a great attitude! Stay focused on your goals and eventually you will get where you want to be. You're making great progress, so keep up the good work. :smileyhappy:


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012


thankfulheart wrote:

Sheepishly putting away my spade and pulling out my seedlings again. :smileysad:  I did a very bad thing, I knew better, but I was impulsive and dumb. ~sigh~  USAA sent me a 0% BT offer for a platinum Visa and I apped. The worst part is that they did NOT approve me for it; countered with their rebuilder w/ $1000 CL which I accepted b/c I wasn't going to get NOTHING for the HP.  I don't remember what the reasons were offhand (hoping there's a letter), but UTIL was mentioned, of course.  Lesson learned.


 

We've all been there. I apped for cards that I wanted back in Oct 2011, only to be shot down for both. I gardened faithfully for the following 10 months, tried again, and was approved with very nice starting limits. I would recommend reviewing what reasons they list in the letter and then seeing what you can do to rectify the problems. And remember, with continued good credit behavior, time heals all credit wounds. Just pick up you gardening gloves and watering can and start again. Eventually, you will get where you want to go.


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012


RonDawg wrote:

so much time so little to do..

 

::Takes a hard look around at his garden and sees his credit score growing, he then notices that the credit card limits are begining to sprout as well a smile appears on his face he reaches for his gardening gloves and then remembers he never took them off::  :smileyhappy:


 

Feels good, doesn't it? Congrats! :smileyvery-happy:


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}