Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

@CC365 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:
They wanted to see if I qualified to establish service. All equipment was free and installation was free. I set up service for 3 addresses Smiley Happy tinu allowed me to keep my silver spade at the time so it didn't count Smiley Happy I have of course refinanced every thing that has a note since then so its moot!

Since you have the power until the 16th you can always issue yourself a pardon and get your silver spade back Smiley Tongue 

No way! Gardening is too important to shortcut the results... that would be anti- gardening! Seriously though! I view gardening as a very important part of a healthy financial strategy. Better to set yourself up to knock it out of the park with a home run when you do apply rather than to just get on base from a bunt.... (low limits or high APR)
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 131 of 297
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

No way! Gardening is too important to shortcut the results... that would be anti- gardening! Seriously though! I view gardening as a very important part of a healthy financial strategy. Better to set yourself up to knock it out of the park with a home run when you do apply rather than to just get on base from a bunt.... (low limits or high APR)

I hear you! I've gotten on base with pretty much all the banks I want to deal with for the time being (Discover More, Chase Freedom, Capital One Journey, Citi Forward) now I will sit back and just look for increases in a few months. Hopefully soft and if approved I will wait for them to report then allow Chase to do a hard pull and hopefully match. I checked the Bank of America Offer page and it came back with the 3-2-1 or something like that but I'm not crazy about them. I do have to admit I'm tempted about the Citi Dividend card since they usually offer good limits but I don't think they would like someone new to credit getting 2 of their cards in 9 months. Other than that I'm looking forward to gardening and growing! 

Message 132 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I am way more excited about one house at 4% and the other at 3.75% and one used car at 4% down from 7.5% and my new car at 1.79%.... The only card I see myself wanting is PR Gold so that I will get the bonus for spending more than 30k per year on the card. Otherwise in a way gardening is somewhat like learning how to be content with what you have and leaving yourself available and ready to take advantage of the right opportunity. My garden is a Zen Garden Smiley Wink
FICO 9:

Message 133 of 297
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Question for my fellow gardeners...is it time to pull the Cap1 plants when the next AF is set to hit?  I will not diss them as they were good to me when I had nowhere else to go and helped me get to prime land.  Since I'm adding my scrawny little $1,000 USAA card to the mix, I would only have a net loss of $500 in CLs. 

Anything else I'm missing in the logic?

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 134 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@thankfulheart wrote:

Question for my fellow gardeners...is it time to pull the Cap1 plants when the next AF is set to hit?  I will not diss them as they were good to me when I had nowhere else to go and helped me get to prime land.  Since I'm adding my scrawny little $1,000 USAA card to the mix, I would only have a net loss of $500 in CLs. 

Anything else I'm missing in the logic?

My advice would be to add another USAA card  to the mix, as it will grow with you over time.   Then kick Cap 1 to the curb.  Or, consider calling Cap 1 executive office and ask if they can combine limits on them and switch you to a non-AF product....

FICO 9:

Message 135 of 297
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I am way more excited about one house at 4% and the other at 3.75% and one used car at 4% down from 7.5% and my new car at 1.79%.... The only card I see myself wanting is PR Gold so that I will get the bonus for spending more than 30k per year on the card. Otherwise in a way gardening is somewhat like learning how to be content with what you have and leaving yourself available and ready to take advantage of the right opportunity. My garden is a Zen Garden Smiley Wink

Well, I feel somewhat embarrased and excited at the same time... I joined the garden a few days ago...gave into the app....and now I'm back in the garden. Only this time I'm complete for quite sometime. 

My New Portfolio: 

1) Discover More - $1,000 

2) Capital One Joruney - $1,000 

3) Citi Forward - $1,000 

4) Citi Dividend Select - $2,500 (NEW) 

5) Chase Freedom - $500 (NEW) 

Message 136 of 297
YahComb
Established Contributor

I Applied for a card last sunday. got it today, approved for 6500. probably not going to app for an AMEX early next year anymore. will probably wait until 2014 now. i may be amex-less when april rolls around and i probabbly cancel my zync (assuming they haven't product changed it by then).

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 137 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@YahComb wrote:

I Applied for a card last sunday. got it today, approved for 6500. probably not going to app for an AMEX early next year anymore. will probably wait until 2014 now. i may be amex-less when april rolls around and i probabbly cancel my zync (assuming they haven't product changed it by then).

I'm definately keeping my zync. congrats on your success and welcome back to the garden!!!
FICO 9:

Message 138 of 297
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

App free since 9/28/12 and plan on staying that way until probably March when I plan on applying at Penfed if my scores are where I think they will be.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 139 of 297
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

left the garden to join NFCU and app for the cashRewards card....hope it pans out for me!!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 140 of 297
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.