Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012


CC365 wrote:

webhopper wrote:
They wanted to see if I qualified to establish service. All equipment was free and installation was free. I set up service for 3 addresses Smiley Happy tinu allowed me to keep my silver spade at the time so it didn't count Smiley Happy I have of course refinanced every thing that has a note since then so its moot!



Since you have the power until the 16th you can always issue yourself a pardon and get your silver spade back Smiley Tongue 


 

No way! Gardening is too important to shortcut the results... that would be anti- gardening! Seriously though! I view gardening as a very important part of a healthy financial strategy. Better to set yourself up to knock it out of the park with a home run when you do apply rather than to just get on base from a bunt.... (low limits or high APR)

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎02-01-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

[ Edited ]

webhopper wrote:

No way! Gardening is too important to shortcut the results... that would be anti- gardening! Seriously though! I view gardening as a very important part of a healthy financial strategy. Better to set yourself up to knock it out of the park with a home run when you do apply rather than to just get on base from a bunt.... (low limits or high APR)

I hear you! I've gotten on base with pretty much all the banks I want to deal with for the time being (Discover More, Chase Freedom, Capital One Journey, Citi Forward) now I will sit back and just look for increases in a few months. Hopefully soft and if approved I will wait for them to report then allow Chase to do a hard pull and hopefully match. I checked the Bank of America Offer page and it came back with the 3-2-1 or something like that but I'm not crazy about them. I do have to admit I'm tempted about the Citi Dividend card since they usually offer good limits but I don't think they would like someone new to credit getting 2 of their cards in 9 months. Other than that I'm looking forward to gardening and growing! 

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

I am way more excited about one house at 4% and the other at 3.75% and one used car at 4% down from 7.5% and my new car at 1.79%.... The only card I see myself wanting is PR Gold so that I will get the bonus for spending more than 30k per year on the card. Otherwise in a way gardening is somewhat like learning how to be content with what you have and leaving yourself available and ready to take advantage of the right opportunity. My garden is a Zen Garden Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 619
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

Question for my fellow gardeners...is it time to pull the Cap1 plants when the next AF is set to hit?  I will not diss them as they were good to me when I had nowhere else to go and helped me get to prime land.  Since I'm adding my scrawny little $1,000 USAA card to the mix, I would only have a net loss of $500 in CLs. 

 

Anything else I'm missing in the logic?

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

[ Edited ]

thankfulheart wrote:

Question for my fellow gardeners...is it time to pull the Cap1 plants when the next AF is set to hit?  I will not diss them as they were good to me when I had nowhere else to go and helped me get to prime land.  Since I'm adding my scrawny little $1,000 USAA card to the mix, I would only have a net loss of $500 in CLs. 

 

Anything else I'm missing in the logic?


My advice would be to add another USAA card  to the mix, as it will grow with you over time.   Then kick Cap 1 to the curb.  Or, consider calling Cap 1 executive office and ask if they can combine limits on them and switch you to a non-AF product....


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎02-01-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012


webhopper wrote:
I am way more excited about one house at 4% and the other at 3.75% and one used car at 4% down from 7.5% and my new car at 1.79%.... The only card I see myself wanting is PR Gold so that I will get the bonus for spending more than 30k per year on the card. Otherwise in a way gardening is somewhat like learning how to be content with what you have and leaving yourself available and ready to take advantage of the right opportunity. My garden is a Zen Garden Smiley Wink

Well, I feel somewhat embarrased and excited at the same time... I joined the garden a few days ago...gave into the app....and now I'm back in the garden. Only this time I'm complete for quite sometime. 

 

My New Portfolio: 

1) Discover More - $1,000 

2) Capital One Joruney - $1,000 

3) Citi Forward - $1,000 

4) Citi Dividend Select - $2,500 (NEW) 

5) Chase Freedom - $500 (NEW) 

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 599
Registered: ‎03-10-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

I Applied for a card last sunday. got it today, approved for 6500. probably not going to app for an AMEX early next year anymore. will probably wait until 2014 now. i may be amex-less when april rolls around and i probabbly cancel my zync (assuming they haven't product changed it by then).

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012


YahComb wrote:

I Applied for a card last sunday. got it today, approved for 6500. probably not going to app for an AMEX early next year anymore. will probably wait until 2014 now. i may be amex-less when april rolls around and i probabbly cancel my zync (assuming they haven't product changed it by then).


 

I'm definately keeping my zync. congrats on your success and welcome back to the garden!!!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 403
Registered: ‎12-10-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

App free since 9/28/12 and plan on staying that way until probably March when I plan on applying at Penfed if my scores are where I think they will be.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,927
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

left the garden to join NFCU and app for the cashRewards card....hope it pans out for me!!

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.