Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

Woo! Went from my little seedling to a bronze spade Smiley Happy been a month since my CS app! So happy! Plan on gardening for a nice long time...using that CS for everything to get my $100 back!

Really want to see what happens to my Orchard Secured with the changeover to CapOne and if anybody will give me some auto CLI love Smiley Tongue

Message 191 of 297
RonDawg
Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I apped for a Barclay card.  I lost my spade. Smiley Sad     I feel ashamed and my siggy is all naked without it.  

@Shogun wrote:

I apped for a Barclay card.  I lost my spade. Smiley Sad     I feel ashamed and my siggy is all naked without it.  

Don't feel bad, I lost my spade today as well.1 car loan and I said WTH why not and applied for a new card as well.  25k auto loan and I applied for the US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards card. The guy at the bank said it should be 13.5k on that one.  I am sure though when the two accounts hit the CRAs that my score will suffer some.  Oh well what can you do lol

Fico scores didn't drop from the apps anyways,

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 192 of 297
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I have not apped since September and I am starting to feel the itch lol.  At least I got the cash+ for 10k, recently raised to 12.5k.  That sort of calmed the itch.  I think I will go for another Amex in Jan. for the backdating/sign up bonus/sync deals. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 193 of 297
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@sengpatt wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

My plan currently includes the Amex BCP, followed by the Chase Freedom. Depending on how those work out I will then move on to a Citi Forward for the 5% on restaurants. But I want to make sure that I have some sort of a chance for that card, so if both the BCP and Freedom are a denial, I won't even bother with the Forward. But I will probably give it a try if I get either one of those. 

I've been looking for someone to give me insight on the underwriting requirements for the Forward, but haven't found any definitive answers yet. I'm have been assuming the requirements are somewhere in the middle of the BCP and Freedom based on what other forum members have been approved for.  It will be an interesting ride to say the least. First thing thirst though, I need to pull my scores using a free trial within the next week. 

The impression I get from my own experience is that the requirements for the Forward are much lower than the BCP. I applied for the Forward (regular version) in February with just student loans and a $700 BofA card reporting. Citi gave me the lowest possible APR and a much higher CL than my other card ($4000). November comes around and I apply for the BCP. They give me a CL of $2000 and highest APR (and I receive a letter with my EX score: 758).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I was a strong candidate for the Forward in February, then, 8 months later, I was what appears to be bordeline applicant for the BCP. My income (low, because I'm still in school) probably had something to do with it, and, as always, YMMV.

Thank you for responding with that info - really helpful. However, that doesn't bode we'll for my chances on the BCP. When did you get you $700 BOA? Sometime in 2011? Did Amex pull multiple credit bureaus when you applied, or just one?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 194 of 297
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

My plan currently includes the Amex BCP, followed by the Chase Freedom. Depending on how those work out I will then move on to a Citi Forward for the 5% on restaurants. But I want to make sure that I have some sort of a chance for that card, so if both the BCP and Freedom are a denial, I won't even bother with the Forward. But I will probably give it a try if I get either one of those. 

I've been looking for someone to give me insight on the underwriting requirements for the Forward, but haven't found any definitive answers yet. I'm have been assuming the requirements are somewhere in the middle of the BCP and Freedom based on what other forum members have been approved for.  It will be an interesting ride to say the least. First thing thirst though, I need to pull my scores using a free trial within the next week. 

The impression I get from my own experience is that the requirements for the Forward are much lower than the BCP. I applied for the Forward (regular version) in February with just student loans and a $700 BofA card reporting. Citi gave me the lowest possible APR and a much higher CL than my other card ($4000). November comes around and I apply for the BCP. They give me a CL of $2000 and highest APR (and I receive a letter with my EX score: 758).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I was a strong candidate for the Forward in February, then, 8 months later, I was what appears to be bordeline applicant for the BCP. My income (low, because I'm still in school) probably had something to do with it, and, as always, YMMV.

Thank you for responding with that info - really helpful. However, that doesn't bode we'll for my chances on the BCP. When did you get you $700 BOA? Sometime in 2011? Did Amex pull multiple credit bureaus when you applied, or just one?

I'm glad I could help! I got my BofA card in June 2009, and, from what I can tell, Amex only pulled EX.

It seems like you would have a good chance at the Freedom and Forward, and probably the BCP 6 months to a year down the road. On the other hand. it might be a little ambitious to go for all of them in one fell swoop. Then again, it sounds like you already have a foot in the door with Amex. I can't speak for the Freedom, but the BCP and Forward are definitely nice cards to have in your wallet. Good luck!

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 195 of 297
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@sengpatt wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

@sengpatt wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

I'm glad I could help! I got my BofA card in June 2009, and, from what I can tell, Amex only pulled EX.

It seems like you would have a good chance at the Freedom and Forward, and probably the BCP 6 months to a year down the road. On the other hand. it might be a little ambitious to go for all of them in one fell swoop. Then again, it sounds like you already have a foot in the door with Amex. I can't speak for the Freedom, but the BCP and Forward are definitely nice cards to have in your wallet. Good luck!

Thanks again for the help.  Your history was definitely longer than mine when you went for the BCP. I have no "foot in the door" with Amex, and I fully realize that a BCP approval is a long shot at this point. I guess I'm just going to give it a try and see where I stand. I can afford the HP at this point because I have no plans for large purchases in the works. The risk of denial is worth it to me to try and establish a member date of 2012 (with a card I actually want).  And, if I get a denial letter, I will know what I need to work on the be able to obtain the card sometime in 2013. 

Hopefully my luck with the Forward will follow your experience.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 196 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@daybreakgonesxe. Congrats on your bronze spade! It takes a lot of work to get over that one month hurdle! I'm glad you're there!

@flowfaster. I'm also planning for a January amex app. I'm gonna go for PRG and Amex Lowes! I'm working on removing a baddie med collection from EX and crossing my fingers that its gone by January!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 197 of 297
britestar969
Established Member

Yes, I have quickly realized that before I entered the garden that my previous app spree put me in a place that I didn't need to be.. Well I must update my status and remain in this beautiful garden until June 2014!!Smiley Sad Wish me luck!!Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 3/12 TU 533 Ex 458 EQ 519
Current Score: 12/12 TU 619 EX 556 EQ 601
Goal Score: 700
BK7 3/12 DIS 7/12 LAST HP 12/7
Last app 12/7/12 OFF TO THE GARDEN UNTIL 06/14!!!!
In wallet: Merrick Bank 600.00>NFCU sig rewards 500.00
Message 198 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck britestar!!! May 2013 bring you months and months of gardening goodness!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 199 of 297
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
@daybreakgonesXe. Congrats on your bronze spade! It takes a lot of work to get over that one month hurdle! I'm glad you're there!

@flowfaster. I'm also planning for a January amex app. I'm gonna go for PRG and Amex Lowes! I'm working on removing a baddie med collection from EX and crossing my fingers that its gone by January!

I am wondering what Amex card I would benefit from  though.  Maybe the Amex Costco card?  I really want a citi card too.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 200 of 297
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.