Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

So, if I stare at my NFCU plant very much, will it yield a 0%BT???  Still waiting on that bit o' fruit. In the meantime,t he garden is looking pretty sad, with scores dropping b/c of utilization being high on everything else while I wait.  I'm going to give it maybe until mid-Jan, then I'm going to have to move some stuff around. The scores are just too depressing and are bad on my morale.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 211 of 297
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Hi all,

I entered the garden on 11/25/12, but unfortunately, I had to start gardening all over again. We were forced to replace a car that was totalled. Woman Sad It was all taken care of yesterday, so now I'm excited to let my accounts age for a year while I try to pay off the 2 medical judgments I have. Good luck to everybody and thanks for having me here (again)!

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 212 of 297
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Still in it.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 213 of 297
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Upgraded my spade today... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 214 of 297
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It feels good to pick up my spade.  Although I am extremely happy for all my fellow board members with app sprees or approvals- I know it is best for me to continue in my lovely garden. 

I can't figure out what I did wrong when I updated my siggy....anyone with advice to get rid of that 'border=0' would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 215 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on silver TNTranslplant. Congrats on bronze 09lexie! Way to go!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 216 of 297
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@thankfulheart wrote:

So, if I stare at my NFCU plant very much, will it yield a 0%BT???  Still waiting on that bit o' fruit. In the meantime,t he garden is looking pretty sad, with scores dropping b/c of utilization being high on everything else while I wait.  I'm going to give it maybe until mid-Jan, then I'm going to have to move some stuff around. The scores are just too depressing and are bad on my morale.

My scores have dropped slightly too, mostly due to Christams shopping and living in a new and expensive area.  But I'm still in the garden.  Its pretty easy for me since I don't really need any new credit at the moment.  It is definately easier for me after struggling at first to get some high limit cards.  When I found ways through credit unions and through my job to get approvals, thats when I started my gardening.  I have credit, don't need any loans, and just sit here contented. 

But you already have an NFCU card.  Thats a great way to start in the garden.  I have one too, and the only thing I use it for is occasional iTunes purchases.  It adds an extra unused $14k to my total credit line so I don't need to worry so much about the other cards that I use for my daily purchases and expenses.... I can just sit around and watch my AAoA grow, inqs and baddies fall off.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 217 of 297
MakinPenniesSqueal

Hello, everyone. Currently at "Platinum Status" at 14 months. Last applied and approved for 3k CL with Chase Freedom in Oct 2011. Zero Hard pulls and none reporting since then. Still considering to apply for CLI with Chase Freedom to atleast 5k. Also, considering applying for AMEX Blue Cash CC. I'm somewhat against it due to my AAoA is only 5 years, 4 months. Want it to increase til 6 yrs to reach MYFICO "High Achievers" status.

TU MyFICO: 729 (Aug 2012)
EQ MyFICO: 696 (Aug 2012)
EX MyFICO: Unknown
Message 218 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Wow that is totally amazing that you are at platinum status!

So you mind me asking what your secret is? Seems like my itch comes in 3 month cycles. Every few months seems like ive been applying or refinancing something!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 219 of 297
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@MakinPenniesSqueal wrote:
Hello, everyone. Currently at "Platinum Status" at 14 months. Last applied and approved for 3k CL with Chase Freedom in Oct 2011. Zero Hard pulls and none reporting since then. Still considering to apply for CLI with Chase Freedom to atleast 5k. Also, considering applying for AMEX Blue Cash CC. I'm somewhat against it due to my AAoA is only 5 years, 4 months. Want it to increase til 6 yrs to reach MYFICO "High Achievers" status.

TU MyFICO: 729 (Aug 2012)
EQ MyFICO: 696 (Aug 2012)
EX MyFICO: Unknown

My AAoA was once at 6 years.  This doesn't get MyFICO "High Achievers" status for the AAoA category.  IIRC, you also need an account that is ~17 years old.

Awesome that you got the platinum, but it seems like you are planning on tossing it for further application goals. The garden is only meant to improve your standing for future credit anyway.

I would request a CLI before applying for a new card.  If you get approved for a higher limit on your Freedom, you will probably get approved for a higher limit on any new card.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 220 of 297
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.