Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

tag
Kendro
Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

@creditnocash wrote:

@Kendro wrote:

First time posting in a garden thread but I've been app free since early June.  I will probably reach Diamond status as I have no desire to ever open another card again.

what cards do you have now? 

the only cards i really want is a costco te, and or bcp. and my freedom to become a freedom siggy. other than that im good as well. 

wont be needing a car loan until aug2015 so im keeping that in mind as well. 

all my inq will be off by aug 30th 2014. ughh i cant wait that long. 

diamond status lol. 

Chase Freedom, AMEX BCE, Discover More, and Banana Republic Visa.

I opened the AMEX in the middle of May and the Discover in early June.  Until then I only had two credit cards.  I decided to finally open the AMEX and Discover in order to diversify my credit cards and because I wanted to take the FICO hit now so that I can start growing my new TL.

BTW, I just realized that you go back to seedling status if you open any TL.  I will most likely get a mortgage and/or car loan in a year so I guess I won't be hitting diamond after all.  I thought the garden was only for credit cards. Smiley Very Happy

Message 281 of 297
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Kendro wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@Kendro wrote:

First time posting in a garden thread but I've been app free since early June.  I will probably reach Diamond status as I have no desire to ever open another card again.

what cards do you have now? 

the only cards i really want is a costco te, and or bcp. and my freedom to become a freedom siggy. other than that im good as well. 

wont be needing a car loan until aug2015 so im keeping that in mind as well. 

all my inq will be off by aug 30th 2014. ughh i cant wait that long. 

diamond status lol. 

Chase Freedom, AMEX BCE, Discover More, and Banana Republic Visa.

I opened the AMEX in the middle of May and the Discover in early June.  Until then I only had two credit cards.  I decided to finally open the AMEX and Discover in order to diversify my credit cards and because I wanted to take the FICO hit now so that I can start growing my new TL.

BTW, I just realized that you go back to seedling status if you open any TL.  I will most likely get a mortgage and/or car loan in a year so I guess I won't be hitting diamond after all.  I thought the garden was only for credit cards. Smiley Very Happy

yes this is correct hence why in my sig it says account free since lol. 

couldnt resist a no hard pull 5k card that i could use anywhere when back in june all i had were store cards. 

oh well with this many accounts my aaoa will never take a major hit anymore. (10 accounts reporting and an installment loan) nothing is closed. no baddies. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 282 of 297
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Thanks, everyone.  Smiley Happy

This is a temporary blip due to utilization not yet reporting, but it's nice to know that it's possible to hit that benchmark once I have everything paid off, and with continued gardening.

Revelate,

Still hoping for the mortgage, and it looks like scores will be there.  I finish grad school in April, and will start looking this summer - would love to be able to get something by Fall.  

Have to have all the revolving debt paid off, as I will need all the DTI help I can get once they calculate in all my student loans. Smiley Sad  

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 283 of 297
Omri
New Contributor

Hello, Mr. Bronze Spade Smiley Very Happy

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 284 of 297
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

If the garden was only for credit cards, I'd be holding a nice gold spade by now Smiley Happy

Fortunately, I've been able to take advantage of the historically low interest rates to refinance some of my larger bills. 

Down to the following inquiries:    EX = 3, EQ = 5, TU=9

You can definately tell which bureaus NFCU likes to pull Smiley Wink

Anyways, two of the EX HPs were from Feb 2011... and my next apps will be on January 1 for the PRG and Amex Lowes...  I'll app for PRG first and then Lowes and hopefully only get one HP... I'll be prepared for two though!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 285 of 297
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

Got my bronze spade! Smiley Happy Planning on remaining in the garden until mid next year, when I'll ask for a CLI on my BofA card. Smiley Happy

Message 286 of 297
MYCherie
Regular Contributor

Webhopper, just curious why would you think or hope for only 1 HP.  Does PRG and Lowes pull together??

Starting: 563 | Current: 646 | Goal: 750.
Garden 09/24/2013

Message 287 of 297
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MYCherie wrote:

Webhopper, just curious why would you think or hope for only 1 HP.  Does PRG and Lowes pull together??

It's an Amex (and perhaps other lender as well) quirk albeit a fairly well known one that if you apply and are approved for one, another application within a short time period may reuse the same inquiry.  It's something in their systems or policies, though it's not guarunteed as Webby suggests.

        
Message 288 of 297
MYCherie
Regular Contributor

Revelate Thanks, does that hold true for all GE cards?  I HP if you app lets say the same day, week or so? Sorry I am rebuilding and learning, learning ...

Starting: 563 | Current: 646 | Goal: 750.
Garden 09/24/2013

Message 289 of 297
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

When I app'd for a Citi card recently they used the same pull for 2 cards. Not sure if this was because I was applying in the branch and the branch manager filled out the app for me. But you can add them to the list. 

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 290 of 297
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.