Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - December 2012

@MYCherie wrote:

Revelate Thanks, does that hold true for all GE cards?  I HP if you app lets say the same day, week or so? Sorry I am rebuilding and learning, learning ...

My understanding is that this is an Amex quirk. I apped for two GE cards the same day and it was a HP for each.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 291 of 297
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

@MYCherie wrote:

Revelate Thanks, does that hold true for all GE cards?  I HP if you app lets say the same day, week or so? Sorry I am rebuilding and learning, learning ...

My understanding is that this is an Amex quirk. I apped for two GE cards the same day and it was a HP for each.

I think Webby is actually referring to the Lowes business card that Amex offers as one of their direct co-brands; not the personal Lowes card which is GE.

Other lenders will occasionally use the same pull for multiple products, but AFAIK only Amex is well known to do it, and everyone else is luck... and it requires a bit of luck with Amex too as it can miss; always expect two on any two applications from anyone, that way it's a pleasant surprise if only one Smiley Happy.  

I don't think it's the case with GE-branded cards at all or at least it's never been reported with the numerous sprees involving multiple GE-backed cards here.

        
Message 292 of 297
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Just checking in. Just about 7 weeks from my last app and no itch. Keeping busy around this time of the year helps too! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 293 of 297
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Whee, happy holiday gardening as we rush into the next year; my EQ FICO went up 9 points to 652 *finally* after sitting at 643 for the past 3 months.  Happy days as inquiries start falling off the score sheet and the bulk of my tradelines tick over a year.  I cracked 650 on a mortgage score, sweet belated Xmas gift for me at least.

Gardening indeed works!

        
Message 294 of 297
codimom
Frequent Contributor

over 2 months app free... looking forward to my next spade upgrade

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 295 of 297
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Congrats, no where to go but forward and up in 2013! Happy New Year to ALL!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 296 of 297
Isanham
Established Member

Good news and bad news.  

Bad news first...  I broke down and took the hard pull from bofa to try for early graduation of my secured card.  Lost my silver spade, back to seedling.

Good news #1:  I did get the graduation at my same $800 CL, so I got something for that pull.  

Good news #2:  Since they pulled TU, I decided I'd check out my fico score there to see the impact...  My score is up 33 point from September to 690!  

Straight back to the garden for me now.  Glad to get that card unsecured, I plan on continuing to grow with the cards I have now.  I am hitting the 7 month mark on my rebuild, and have gotten recent CLI on both my $300 cap1 to $1.3k and on credit one from $300 to $400 (no, I didn't even pay them anything extra for this privilege...lol).

Thanks for all the great advice and support!

Starting Score: 608 (7/29/12 TU), 615 (7/29/12 EQ), EX ???
Current Score: 690 (12/29/12 TU), 650 (12/16/12 EQ)
Goal Score: 700+ by 7/2014

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 297 of 297
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.