Garden Club Meeting -December 2013

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting -December 2013

@myjourney wrote:

@ptilda wrote:

So here's my latest update:

Opened Affinity Plus CU & PenFed CU acts to start developing relationship. Is there any reason for me to keep my US Bank checking & savings accounts? Or should I put everything in the CUs? Will having the USB acts help me get a CC from them? 

I don't know much about US Bank sorrySmiley Sad

Hopefully someone will chime in tho

It really depends how much of a deposit relationship you have with US Bank.  From a banking profile perspective, they already have you on the system, so maybe just divest the funds from either of those accounts to your CU and keep one active until you're ready to apply (unless there's a minimum balance requirement in which case you could close it).  Honestly, any of their US Bank CC's don't require a banking relationship as far as consideration for approval.  It's mainly going to be on your income and CR information.

Message 701 of 4,613
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

Hi everyone... just checking in... myjourney has some clever critter tactics to keep folks in the garden and they work... I never wanna see that squirrel again!   I promise not to trample on anyone's begonias and petunias this time...lol Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for checking in!  myjourney can be pretty persuasive with his squirrel army. 

Message 702 of 4,613
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Hi everyone... just checking in... myjourney has some clever critter tactics to keep folks in the garden and they work... I never wanna see that squirrel again!   I promise not to trample on anyone's begonias and petunias this time...lol Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for checking in!  myjourney can be pretty persuasive with his squirrel army. 

I would echo that sentiment Ms Lexie.  You're looking lovely this evening...  Smiley Tongue

Message 703 of 4,613
w003ptr
Contributor

@ptilda wrote:

So here's my latest update:

Opened Affinity Plus CU & PenFed CU acts to start developing relationship. Is there any reason for me to keep my US Bank checking & savings accounts? Or should I put everything in the CUs? Will having the USB acts help me get a CC from them? 

I've been with USB for 7 years now (checking/savings).  I've had a CC with them for 6 years.  They have never approved a CLI despite heavy use and all of my other cards having 4-20x higher limits.  I'm probably going to be changing banks soon.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 704 of 4,613
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Hello, fellow gardeners. Checking in for Saturday.

On the football front...

We won!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official! UCF ends its season undefeated in conference play, is the American Athletic Conference (formerly Big East) champion, and is going to a BCS bowl!!! This is a huge, huge deal for our school. We just moved into an AQ conference this year and we ran the table! Smiley Very Happy

We'll know exactly which bowl tomorrow night. Our fanbase would prefer either the Orange or the Sugar for proximity reasons, but with NIU losing last night most experts are predicting the Fiesta. Wherever we wind up going, I'm just thrilled with the success that our team has had this season. Congratulations, UCF Knights!!!

And all is well on the credit front, too! Smiley Wink

AAC_Champs.jpg

Congrats American Athletic Conference Winners 

Thanks, MJ! I love how you're always so supportive of everyone on this board and add your own appropriate graphics; keeps thing fun. Smiley Happy It's been quite the celebratory mood around our place today, and online with other UCF fans as well.

I'm getting ready to turn in but will check back in again tomorrow. I hope that everyone who follows an NFL team has a good game tomorrow. In the meantime, stay warm everyone and garden strong!

sparkling-champagne-popping-cork.jpg

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 705 of 4,613
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

checking in... Smiley Happy and congrats, tinuviel! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 706 of 4,613
myjourney
Super Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

checking in... Smiley Happy and congrats, tinuviel! Smiley Happy

Check in complete 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 707 of 4,613
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Seriously way off topic but I had to share my excitment somewhere...

Well, it's all set.  In order to make to the BCS national championship, Auburn had to:

1. Beat Mizzou convincingly...check;
  2. MSU defeat OSU for Big 10 title...check.

Next stop...Pasedena, CA.  Bring on the Seminoles!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 708 of 4,613
myjourney
Super Contributor

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

Well, it's all set.  In order to make to the BCS national championship, Auburn had to:

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 709 of 4,613
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@LearningMoreAboutCredit wrote:

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

Congrats 

Thanks MJ...everyone said it was impossible for Auburn to get there but the Auburn family knew since the LSU game back in September.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 710 of 4,613
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.