tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2012

@tinuviel wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Checking in the garden in Feb. Still app free

Just got my 3X CLI from AMEX today. Great start Smiley Happy

I just saw your thread about the CLI. Fantastic! Now THAT'S watching a tradeline grow!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

I hope this is a hnt to Discover or Chase next time they soft my credit report Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 590
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

For sure! 6 months from now, $25k will happen!  Smiley Wink

Hopefully Smiley Happy

Although this will become my primary card, I will still take advatage of the Discover/Chaase 5% CB categories. I'm using them right now for gas until end of march

Message 22 of 590
CS800
Super Contributor

The good thing is that 6 of my 12 HP on EX are going to fall off by the end of 2012. I want to be below the 7 HP threshold.

Message 23 of 590
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

For sure! 6 months from now, $25k will happen!  Smiley Wink

Hopefully Smiley Happy

Although this will become my primary card, I will still take advatage of the Discover/Chaase 5% CB categories. I'm using them right now for gas until end of march

It is a great card. Mine pays all of the bills each month with the exception of internet and cell phone. Those are on Discover right now for their 2%... That is adding up quickly when you have a nice fat bill with Verizon each month. Family of 4, all with iPhones... I will let the Amex continue to pay what it does today, and like I stated in an earlier post, I am taking Discover out of the drawer and will use it hard to see if I can get a CLI out of them. I will also use it for gas purchase, then those go back to the PenFed Visa.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 24 of 590
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Tropikal wrote:

Hello Gardeners,

I'm fairly new to gardening and I'm looking for some fertilizing advice..

Im my garden so far..

1-Discover More -1700 (New just from few days ago)

2-Cap 1 Platinum - 1300 (Almost 3 years, don't want to grow much.. That's why the new additions)

3-HSBC - 1000 (New just from few days ago)

By the end of 2012 ALL my INQ will fall off , except the two new above,  My score took 2 points ding at least on EQ by those two INQ's, I guess I could live with that. But I need to be aware of the limits, It took me long time to get here post BK7.

Question: Can someone elaborate on the "Soft Pulls" is there a way that I can control those? I know the CC will automatically review your account for that every so often, is there a way I could initiate a CLI and be a Soft Pull? Not planning to do so now, since there are just planted, but for future reference.

Question: How many INQ I or someone could do, without  hurting your scores too much and without looking riskier? 

Thanks

Hi, Tropikal -- welcome to the club!

Some card issuers will allow you to initiate a CL increase with a soft pull, some don't. Regarding your Cap1 card, they don't allow customer initiated CLIs at all. You'll just have to wait and see if a miracle occurs and you get an auto CLI. It's rare, but it can happen. I got one last year and about fell out of my chair, LOL!

My DH has an HSBC backed card and got a CLI recently with a soft pull. If you call them and request one, make certain that you inform them that you give authorization for a soft pull only.

As for Discover, first of all, congrats on the approval! This is a nice card that should grow with you over time. I believe that they'll auto CL you from time to time. As for a customer initiated increase, I'll have to let others chime in on that. I'm not sure if they pull hard or soft.

I'm sure that you'll get plenty of other responses here. This forum provides a wealth of information that's shared by its members. Best wishes as you grow your garden!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 25 of 590
CS800
Super Contributor

Ray,

Do you use your USAA AMEX much? I havent used mine in 2 months. I need to find a way to rotate it.

Message 26 of 590
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

My gardening is going to be until June or July... during my gardening i am going to try my hardest not to app for any thing or ask for CLI's. the only way i will app is if i get a pre-approval offer from a prime card... i plan on paying down every thing to bring my UTL below 10% if i can but below 20% at least. i also plan on sending some GW letters out and see if that helps as well and maybe get a PFD from mcm. i also plan on closing my FP and BBRZMC cards as well. my goal is to get a good CLI on my slate, get a freedom or blue from amex and maybe then gree or gold card as well. wish me luck 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 27 of 590
CS800
Super Contributor

I forgot to mention that since I just received a good CLI. I will attempt one more time to get a CLI for my RZMC. If they say no, I will go ahead and cancel it ($300 CL with $59 AF)

Message 28 of 590
Tropikal
Established Member

@tinuviel wrote:

@Tropikal wrote:

Hello Gardeners,

I'm fairly new to gardening and I'm looking for some fertilizing advice..

Im my garden so far..

1-Discover More -1700 (New just from few days ago)

2-Cap 1 Platinum - 1300 (Almost 3 years, don't want to grow much.. That's why the new additions)

3-HSBC - 1000 (New just from few days ago)

By the end of 2012 ALL my INQ will fall off , except the two new above,  My score took 2 points ding at least on EQ by those two INQ's, I guess I could live with that. But I need to be aware of the limits, It took me long time to get here post BK7.

Question: Can someone elaborate on the "Soft Pulls" is there a way that I can control those? I know the CC will automatically review your account for that every so often, is there a way I could initiate a CLI and be a Soft Pull? Not planning to do so now, since there are just planted, but for future reference.

Question: How many INQ I or someone could do, without  hurting your scores too much and without looking riskier? 

Thanks

Hi, Tropikal -- welcome to the club!

Some card issuers will allow you to initiate a CL increase with a soft pull, some don't. Regarding your Cap1 card, they don't allow customer initiated CLIs at all. You'll just have to wait and see if a miracle occurs and you get an auto CLI. It's rare, but it can happen. I got one last year and about fell out of my chair, LOL!

My DH has an HSBC backed card and got a CLI recently with a soft pull. If you call them and request one, make certain that you inform them that you give authorization for a soft pull only.

As for Discover, first of all, congrats on the approval! This is a nice card that should grow with you over time. I believe that they'll auto CL you from time to time. As for a customer initiated increase, I'll have to let others chime in on that. I'm not sure if they pull hard or soft.

I'm sure that you'll get plenty of other responses here. This forum provides a wealth of information that's shared by its members. Best wishes as you grow your garden!

Thanks for the info,  Cap one is not helping that much, Low CL almost no CLI's.. I'm really glad I got the Discover and looking forward to nurture that baby!

Now I'm Itching to see what else I can add to the garden that will provide me some sweet fruit in the future..

Message 29 of 590
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Ray,

Do you use your USAA AMEX much? I havent used mine in 2 months. I need to find a way to rotate it.

No, I do not have one of those. We have their World MC. My Wife uses that card from time to time to keep things active. But, we have been members so long I doubt they would make any changes on it.

I thought at one time about their Amex, but I think PenFed offers a better rewards system with theirs. Again, I do not need it nor do I want to manage it. Too many already!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 30 of 590
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.