Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

I had to step out of the garden a month ago.

I was buying a new Honda Civic and they wouldn't take my check so they offered a 0.9% based on my credit (I knew mine would be good enough without previous auto loan history). I decided I'd rather have this one show up even if I paid it off after the first month for future purchases.

Anyway, still haven't done my taxes and I am happy to say that I am debt free. I've finally paid off all of my credit cards and it feels FANTASTIC.

I've had other situations going on and it feels nice to have something positive going forward. And yes, I already paid off the car's debt too.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 31 of 345
lithium78
Established Contributor

Well, I'm still in the garden, but I am really itching to get out now.  I've held off on any new cards or CLI requests, because I wanted to get a mortgage this year, but I had to go back to school for professional reasons, so it looks like the mortgage probably won't happen until next year now.  I am really annoyed by the low limits on my current credit cards right now.  My biggest limit is $4500 on my Walmart Discover and my limit on my BoA 123 Cash Rewards has been stuck at $2k for nearly two years.

Unfortunately, I have a 30 day late from March 2012 holding me back right now.  It's from an auto loan I foolishly co-signed for a friend that they were late on WITH THE VERY LAST PAYMENT.  (So nice of them to do that.)  I know it probably needs to be at least a year old before I apply for anything so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.  Hopefully, one of these card companies will just see how much money I am making for them and just increase my limit on their own.  Discover has done that a couple times so far, but my limit with them is still only $2700.  It's more than a little frustrating.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 345
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

I had to step out of the garden a month ago.

I was buying a new Honda Civic and they wouldn't take my check so they offered a 0.9% based on my credit (I knew mine would be good enough without previous auto loan history). I decided I'd rather have this one show up even if I paid it off after the first month for future purchases.

Anyway, still haven't done my taxes and I am happy to say that I am debt free. I've finally paid off all of my credit cards and it feels FANTASTIC.

I've had other situations going on and it feels nice to have something positive going forward. And yes, I already paid off the car's debt too.

OUTSTANDING! CONGRATS! Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 33 of 345
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I joined DCU for the FICO score a week ago.

Decided I would take the "hit" for their Rewards Visa. Instant approval for a CL of $10,000.

This will be it for me now for quite a while. I am going to close down accounts that i really do not need. Or, just run the cards down the shreder and see what happens.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 34 of 345
natashahol
Valued Member

I am hanging strong in the garden trying to see if my seedlings will grow. I am looking forward to getting my silver spade next month. February I am going to work on bring down my utility from Christmas spending.

Happy gardening everybody!

Starting Score:FICO EQ 620 TU Fako 595 EX FAKO 628
Current Score: Lender Pull 10/2012 EX 719, EQ 704, TU 690

BOA $8500 I CitiForward $6500 I Chase Freedom $3000 I Discover More $1500 I Kohls $1000 I Orchard Bank $400
App free since 12/8/2012.. holding out til 11/2013
Message 35 of 345
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Back to a seedling for me!  LOL

This time it was for an Amex though.. I think I'll be ok for a while now Smiley Wink

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 36 of 345
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Happy February Everyone!

Today makes 5 months, 1 week, and 2 days that I have been in the garden and I am looking forward to earning my gold spade in a few weeks.

Good luck to everyone this month as you continue your journey to financial freedom topped with high fico scores!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Message 37 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Well I got a nice surprise this morning!

I pull my scores the beginning of every month; I got in the habit while I was rebuilding. Today my EQ score shot up from 723 to 766! Upon inspection, it looks like an old 90 late fell off. Also, my BoA has 6 full months of reporting, so I don't know if that's a factor, but it might. If so, then what can I say -- gardening works!!! My TU score also went up to 744; the old 90 late is still showing, so maybe that will update and I'll get a boost next month. The rest of the gain must be from account aging.

Whatever the reason, I'm over the moon happy! I was hoping to reach my FICO Fitness Goal sometime this year, but I didn't expect to do so this soon. Woo, hoo!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 38 of 345
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Hi Everyone!!

I'm still here!!

I plan to refi my auto in a week or so,  So I wont be here for long, but as of today, I am 2 months & 4 days in the garden. Looking at my previous apping habits, t's been hard, but worth it!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 345
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Well I got a nice surprise this morning!

I pull my scores the beginning of every month; I got in the habit while I was rebuilding. Today my EQ score shot up from 723 to 766! Upon inspection, it looks like an old 90 late fell off. Also, my BoA has 6 full months of reporting, so I don't know if that's a factor, but it might. If so, then what can I say -- gardening works!!! My TU score also went up to 744; the old 90 late is still showing, so maybe that will update and I'll get a boost next month. The rest of the gain must be from account aging.

Whatever the reason, I'm over the moon happy! I was hoping to reach my FICO Fitness Goal sometime this year, but I didn't expect to do so this soon. Woo, hoo!!! Smiley Very Happy

That's great tinuviel! Congratulations on your scores!

Before you know it, you will be crossing that 800 threshold!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Message 40 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.