Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

My last two apps were in October 2012 - Applied for Citi AA Visa/AmEx (2 browser tirck, 1 pull) and refinianced my auto loan with my credit union from 5.99% to 2.39% (and grabbed a credit card from the credit union on the same pull). Since then no apps. In January I sold my house and paid off my small student loan so this month I should see my mortgage and student loan fall off the report. Trying to stay app free until next year when I am out of school and looking at houses again. We'll see how that goes. Continuing to garden what I have in my sig.

So November - January have been app free

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 41 of 345
jla84
Regular Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Well I got a nice surprise this morning!

I pull my scores the beginning of every month; I got in the habit while I was rebuilding. Today my EQ score shot up from 723 to 766! Upon inspection, it looks like an old 90 late fell off. Also, my BoA has 6 full months of reporting, so I don't know if that's a factor, but it might. If so, then what can I say -- gardening works!!! My TU score also went up to 744; the old 90 late is still showing, so maybe that will update and I'll get a boost next month. The rest of the gain must be from account aging.

Whatever the reason, I'm over the moon happy! I was hoping to reach my FICO Fitness Goal sometime this year, but I didn't expect to do so this soon. Woo, hoo!!! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!!!

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

I pull my scores the beginning of every month

congrats on the bump! 

do you pull your reports from here? 

in light of your post even though a couple inquries were supposed to age over a year tommorrow i pulled my amex reports! 

up another 3 points! to a 728!

i know its fako, but i find it funny even with my utilization my score keeps going up

another funny thing is one report didnt post my 0 balance yet and yet all three scores are the same. smh amex

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 43 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@creditnocash wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

I pull my scores the beginning of every month

congrats on the bump! 

do you pull your reports from here? 

in light of your post even though a couple inquries were supposed to age over a year tommorrow i pulled my amex reports! 

up another 3 points! to a 728!

i know its fako, but i find it funny even with my utilization my score keeps going up

another funny thing is one report didnt post my 0 balance yet and yet all three scores are the same. smh amex

Yes, those are my FICO scores, pulled from this site.

And my thanks to everyone on these forums who's been kind enough to offer me congrats and encouragement, both recently and over the last couple of years. The support from this community has been phenomenal and has been such an instrumental help in getting my credit on the proper track.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 44 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@FrugalRican wrote:

I had to step out of the garden a month ago.

I was buying a new Honda Civic and they wouldn't take my check so they offered a 0.9% based on my credit (I knew mine would be good enough without previous auto loan history). I decided I'd rather have this one show up even if I paid it off after the first month for future purchases.

Anyway, still haven't done my taxes and I am happy to say that I am debt free. I've finally paid off all of my credit cards and it feels FANTASTIC.

I've had other situations going on and it feels nice to have something positive going forward. And yes, I already paid off the car's debt too.

That is wonderful -- quite a milestone! Way to go!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 45 of 345
YahComb
Established Contributor

2 months into the garden now. Starting this month my EQ will probably do a lot fluctuating because ive got 6 inqs going over a year between now and march 20th, 2 accounts going over 6 months this month, 2 accounts going over 1 year this month, and 1 account going 1 year in march. Anxious to see how my score changes in the next 6 months  when my oldest accounts hit 2 years in August. I may take a break from trying to acquire any new accounts all of 2013, and start again in jan 2014 with an AMEX revolver. Probably eventually go for the Priceline Visa too -if its still around that is. Rewards cards are in a constant state of flux it seems.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 46 of 345
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I joined DCU for the FICO score a week ago.

Decided I would take the "hit" for their Rewards Visa. Instant approval for a CL of $10,000.

Ok, now you're just rubbing it in....  Smiley Tongue

Still no apps for me.  I was hoping to see a score bump this morning, but alas, not yet...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 47 of 345
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

I joined DCU for the FICO score a week ago.

Decided I would take the "hit" for their Rewards Visa. Instant approval for a CL of $10,000.

Ok, now you're just rubbing it in....  Smiley Tongue

Still no apps for me.  I was hoping to see a score bump this morning, but alas, not yet...

Smiley Happy

I am finished now.....

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 48 of 345
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Still in the garden with my shiny new spade.

The shredder got to eat the BOFA pre approval, and the CITI pre approval.

Got notification that one of my old inquiries 'fell off' my report, and today when i ran my credit secure report the Transunion number jumped from 667 to 690.

happy frikkin birthday to me!!!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 49 of 345
chnceit
Valued Contributor

No apps for me in February! Garden I shall stay (hopefully Smiley Very Happy)

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 50 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.