Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

@tinuviel wrote:

Well I got a nice surprise this morning!

I pull my scores the beginning of every month; I got in the habit while I was rebuilding. Today my EQ score shot up from 723 to 766! Upon inspection, it looks like an old 90 late fell off. Also, my BoA has 6 full months of reporting, so I don't know if that's a factor, but it might. If so, then what can I say -- gardening works!!! My TU score also went up to 744; the old 90 late is still showing, so maybe that will update and I'll get a boost next month. The rest of the gain must be from account aging.

Whatever the reason, I'm over the moon happy! I was hoping to reach my FICO Fitness Goal sometime this year, but I didn't expect to do so this soon. Woo, hoo!!! Smiley Very Happy

Whoo-hoo, the unicorn now in gold-plating!

Smashing!

Congrats Tinu!

        
Message 71 of 345
credit_monkey
Established Member

Well, I am still in the garden.  Just earned my bronze spade a couple days ago.  CLI today on walmart card 900-1200.  I was hoping for more, but oh well.  Maybe I'll try UW in a week when my decreased util reports.  I have payed down 2k over the past month, including a few bal paid to 0.  Anyone have any luck with UW for a better cli with wally?  That card currently has a 0 balance.  My overall util is currently approx 48%.  Thank you everyone here.

Starting Score: 646
Current Score: myfico eq 663, tu Walmart 676
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 72 of 345
android01
Valued Contributor

@Roarmeister wrote:

Mmmm, spicey hot buffalo wings...  need more....  (Homer voice)

A few of the financial things I have going at the moment:

1. I am just keeping an eye on my accounts.  My score has hardly moved in 2 months, up a couple of points but I expect to rise a bit more as I pay off the cards over the next five months. 
  2. I've consolidated my debt to my lowest interest card. 
  3. After that, it's saving time for a new vehicle downpayment. 
  4. I upped my mortgage payment 20% a couple of weeks ago so that I can be mortgage free earlier. 
  5. I also built a mortgage payment spreadsheet to view the effects of early payments/increased payments will have on it.
  6. Previewed my tax return on TurboTax while I wait for the official receipts to arrive at the beginning of March.  It turns out I will be expecting a modest $1500 return which will help put the nail in my consumer debt coffin.
  7. I decided to increase my payroll deductions for my RRSP (similar to American's 401K) to reduce my tax payable.  I see no sense in paying my hard earned money to the gov'mint!
  8. I am exploring my retirement savings options with a pension website that explores how long my funds will last; when is the best time to retire (12 or 15 years from now?); which of my accounts should I build up more?  I monitor everything in another spreadsheet and graph it.
  9. I am due for a couple of CLIs in a few days, may as well increase the limits a bit more.  FWIW, my CL is still below my salary but my ultimate goal is reach $25k on each of my 5 cards in a couple of years.  I wish my salary would increase that quickly or to that height!
  10. Realizing that I am blessed and quite well off financially, I am exploring other ways of contributing/donating to others -- perhaps a regular contribution to the food bank or perhaps sponsor a child, etc.
  11. And, oh yeah... I achieved the GOLD Spade the other day and so I am looking for the platimum one.

Happy Groundhog Day, over and over and over and over again!

This is the coolest post I've seen in a while.  Finally, someone who looks at the WHOLE picture that has reasonable goals and expectations.  Please, all of you who are new to credit or rebuildling, read this post for a thourough and complete evaluation of what credit can do, how to go about it, and have a PLAN. And above all else, realize that it all takes time - lots of time. Smiley Happy 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 73 of 345
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

I pull my scores the beginning of every month; I got in the habit while I was rebuilding. Today my EQ score shot up from 723 to 766! Upon inspection, it looks like an old 90 late fell off. Also, my BoA has 6 full months of reporting, so I don't know if that's a factor, but it might. If so, then what can I say -- gardening works!!! My TU score also went up to 744; the old 90 late is still showing, so maybe that will update and I'll get a boost next month. The rest of the gain must be from account aging.

Whatever the reason, I'm over the moon happy! I was hoping to reach my FICO Fitness Goal sometime this year, but I didn't expect to do so this soon. Woo, hoo!!! Smiley Very Happy

Smashing!

Congrats Tinu!

Congrats on the awesome score jump Tinuviel!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 74 of 345
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Enjoying the garden, no apps since 11/26/13. Bunch of my past inquiries pass the year mark in the next couple of months. Working on getting my utilization down, would like to get all CC debt paid off before end of November 2013.

Getting ready for Super Bowl party tomorrow, Go 49ers !!!!!!!!  

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 75 of 345
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

3 inquirires on EX, 4 inquiries on EQ, 5 inquiries on TU...  After being at 15, 16, 19 one year ago.

Gardening is great!

After March I will be down to 3, 4, 2

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 76 of 345
LesWH
Established Contributor

5 more days and I get my bronze spade!! Yippee!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 77 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Smashing!

Congrats Tinu!

LOL, yeah, but I'll REALLY be gold-plated later this month when I turn in my silver spade for gold! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 78 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

3 inquirires on EX, 4 inquiries on EQ, 5 inquiries on TU...  After being at 15, 16, 19 one year ago.

Gardening is great!

You've made fantastic progress on those inquiries! You're getting there... keep up the good work!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 79 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Gardening is great!

congrats on the progress! will that be under a year you mean or total? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 80 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.