Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

@Shogun wrote:

Left the garden, applied and got the Discover IT, but on a positive note, I broke the $5k barrier!

Oi vey, a new wakizashi!  Grats dude!

Strongly considered applying for something for my restaurant spending after I got my Amex letter regarding my Zync's transitioning to something financially unappealing, then came to my senses fortunately.  Freedpm has restaurant categories starting April 1st for a few months, can salve my itch knowing that as time ticks closer to an IRS resolution and mortgage (somewhere, CA house prices, sigh) after that.

        
Message 121 of 345
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Less than 2 weeks until my silver spade. This is hard ;(

I almost removed one of my freezes a couple of days ago  'just incase' until I found out it would cost me ten bucks to remove (I am thrifty..lol)

One day at a time

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 122 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveSignal wrote:

@Epcot wrote:
Congrats Shogun on the Discover IT approval and nice CL!

Quick question, I plan on PC my Citi AA Amex card to the Citi HHonors Reserve. Would this make me leave the garden? (No HP but a possible new account, since the card numbers have to be changed from Amex to Visa) Hope not!

A PC doesn't add a new account to your credit report.  It is the same history just changed over to a different reward structure.  Your gardening does not reset for that.

That's correct. Even if it shows up as an account with a different number, due to the change from Amex to Visa, it's still the same tradeline and it should carry over the history. I had this happen years ago when I reported a card missing; they issued a new card number and so the same TL appears on my report twice -- once with old number and once with the new number. Bottom line, this won't count against your gardening efforts, as you're simply cultivating an existing TL.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 123 of 345
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

New to the forum. I got 2 credit cards to start my credit rebuilding journey. I tried for 3 was approved for 2. If I had read this forum a little more before applying I would never have applied for the one that I didn't get but that is ok.  I'm headed over to that garden now after 2 days. I'm  trying for 6 months in the garden here.... Thanks for the thread Tinuviel.  (Ap free since Feb 8,2013 Smiley Surprised)

Message 124 of 345
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Still here... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 125 of 345
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

I think it's time for me to join the Garden Club!  Off to change my siggy!

Message 126 of 345
Epcot
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

@Epcot wrote:
Congrats Shogun on the Discover IT approval and nice CL!

Quick question, I plan on PC my Citi AA Amex card to the Citi HHonors Reserve. Would this make me leave the garden? (No HP but a possible new account, since the card numbers have to be changed from Amex to Visa) Hope not!

A PC doesn't add a new account to your credit report.  It is the same history just changed over to a different reward structure.  Your gardening does not reset for that.

That's correct. Even if it shows up as an account with a different number, due to the change from Amex to Visa, it's still the same tradeline and it should carry over the history. I had this happen years ago when I reported a card missing; they issued a new card number and so the same TL appears on my report twice -- once with old number and once with the new number. Bottom line, this won't count against your gardening efforts, as you're simply cultivating an existing TL.

Thanks DaveSignal and tinuviel! That's a relief, I was just worried when they told me they had to create a new account number, making me wonder if I was getting a 'new' tradeline with no history. I will keep an eye on it. Two days until my next spade! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 127 of 345
MzKoli
Contributor

In the garden until August/September... I just have keep telling myself no unnecessary HPs or new TLs til we *hopefully* close on our first home. Its sooo hard though...
Message 128 of 345
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Hello fellow fico friends!...just checking in. Still in the garden and had a little of an application itch this past month but didnt cave in!...Got some auto CLI recently from GE...Chevron/Texaco card up from 400 to 600 and a surprising Dillards CLI up from 300 to 900!...Hoping i get a Walmart CLI soon!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 129 of 345
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Had a little unexpected growth today when I hit the luv button on my Woman Within CC...went from $600 to $1,000 CL on a soft pull.  Still no luv from WM Discover after the 3rd statement. Smiley Sad

My mortgage and my NAVChek are finally reporting, but my scores have not grown at all. Kinda sad about that, thought I'd see a small bump anyway.  At this point, I'm focusing on paying down the CCs (hard when I have medical/dental bills popping up, already used up the FSA for this year) and hope to app in the Fall for Subaru MC.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 130 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.