Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

@tinuviel wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

The last dozen or so posts on this thread have been rather depressing with the exception of the new Condo for cschick (Congratulations!). 

C'mon people!  Just remember why you are doing this and how much of a success every day in the Garden is for you!!!! Every day you stay in the Garden is one less INQ, one less new account, and added history to your credit file!

No one said this would be easy, you just have to take it day by day. Set goals for yourself outside of this forum to occupy your time. I guarantee that if I wanted to get back to a sub 7:00 mile and that if I told myself I couldn't app until then I would get a gosh darn plutonium spade. We are all in this together because we know that patience leads to results! If anyone needs inspiration please look back on Tinuviel's posts from August:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-August-2012/m-p/1519026#M417432

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Garden-Club-Meeting-August-2012/m-p/1558404#M428521

Now if I can only find the approval thread she referenced...

Go forth and Garden!

Many of us are still hanging in there...  Sometimes its easy to look at gardening as mere drudgery... but I prefer to look at it as fun, because I've done all I can actively do to better my position, so now I just gotta work the strategy that made me get those apps and products to begin with...

all is well!   Folks who are gardening, dont lose hope... just go back and see how many inquiries you've allowed to age off during your gardening time... it doesn't last forever, and there is eventually a point where there are no more inquiries Smiley Happy

I look at it as fun, too. I've been excited this week because my newest accounts are hitting the six month mark, and one of them -- Citi -- was eligible for a CLI. So was my JCP card, which is older, but still exciting to see it grow. I'm enjoying sitting back and watching as my accounts gain age and start to show signs of growing. What I like most about CLIs -- other than the pragmatic, helping with util part -- is that they show that a lender is happy with how I'm managing my accounts. After years of having had shaky credit, I find this very gratifying.

And a week from tomorrow I'll be getting my gold spade! So I've had a lot to feel upbeat about with regard to my gardening efforts. Smiley Happy

so jealous!

congrats though!

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 181 of 345
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well I finally got my bronze spade back!! Smiley Happy

Had a stretch of drapping / oh darn I shouldnt have apps the past 3 months.

2013 will be app free!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 182 of 345
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:
Well I finally got my bronze spade back!! Smiley Happy

Had a stretch of drapping / oh darn I shouldnt have apps the past 3 months.

2013 will be app free!!

Woo, hoo!!! Congrats!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 183 of 345
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ Snacks,

There's nothing good left out there for me. I haven't app'd since August when looking for a consolidation loan but I actually haven't applied for a credit card since Jan 27th. Two inquiries fall off in July but It's doubtful that will improve my Ex score too much.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 184 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@ Snacks,

There's nothing good left out there for me. I haven't app'd since August when looking for a consolidation loan but I actually haven't applied for a credit card since Jan 27th. Two inquiries fall off in July but It's doubtful that will improve my Ex score too much.

do you mean of 2012? 

and if they are falling off your reports completely then no there would be no effect to my knowledge

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 185 of 345
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ Snacks,

do you mean of 2012? 

and if they are falling off your reports completely then no there would be no effect to my knowledge

They fall off July 2012.

One of last year's inquiries was from annoying a Sallie Mae rep, LOL! I complained to the ombudsman but they refused to admit the HP had any relationship to my conversation with the rep, despite happening on the same day.

Message 186 of 345
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@creditnocash wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ Snacks,

do you mean of 2012? 

They fall off July 2012.

One of last year's inquiries was from annoying a Sallie Mae rep, LOL! I complained to the ombudsman but they refused to admit the HP had any relationship to my conversation with the rep, despite happening on the same day.

LOL i have one falling off in march from sallie mae. i did a online application at 2am before i even knew what credit was. LOL instant denied and they said i can re apply with a co applicant. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 187 of 345
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@ Snacks,

I don't know how to read this... Is this positive as in you've achieved your goals, or negative as in there is nothing left to look forward to?

I hope I didnt offend anyone by commenting on the previous posts - my intention was to get everyone else as fired up as I was on this gorgeous Saturday morning. I woke up early, got my federal taxes done (refund of over $2,000!!), and just wanted to pass out some encouragement. 

Great job to all for the accomplishments that have been shared on this thread!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 188 of 345
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ Snacks,

I don't know how to read this... Is this positive as in you've achieved your goals, or negative as in there is nothing left to look forward to?

I hope I didnt offend anyone by commenting on the previous posts - my intention was to get everyone else as fired up as I was on this gorgeous Saturday morning. I woke up early, got my federal taxes done (refund of over $2,000!!), and just wanted to pass out some encouragement. 

Great job to all for the accomplishments that have been shared on this thread!

Both!! Smiley Happy

I rebuilt over a long time and really educated myself about credit. Took a lot of help from here , and another site that shall remain nameless, LOL!

Had really tamed some of the debt but had a huge, huge educational expense and didn't have any choice but to dig deeper.

Credit cards? It's not that there aren't any cool cards left, just none that would add vale to my life right now. If my EQ score reaches 775, I'll qualify for the least crappy  interest rate on the only private student loan my school has available.

One of the upsides is through repair and time my credit is 100% clean. Once income catches up there won't be any worries about a mortgage or that nervous feeling just before pressing the "Submit" button. Those are definitely good things but I'm really over that giddy feeling that used to happen when new plastic hit the mailbox.

Message 189 of 345
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@fuzzybean wrote:

Ugh, I can't get my seedling to show completely! 

Do you have the code for the graphic positioned so that it's the first line in your siggy?

Thank you very much!  Smiley Happy

Message 190 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.