tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

Welcome home Smiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 281 of 345
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

Ok, I must now also start to garden. 32 cards, 11 new ones in 5 months..definitely time. Now time to start closing the subprimes, I've closed 5 already this week - all paid off. Have had the app itch for the last few months, and time to commit to gardening till atleast the end of the year so some of these inquiries can fall off. Smiley Happy Hope you don't mind me joining at the end of the month.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 282 of 345
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

This has been an extremely hard month for me reading all these approvals has been making me want to app, app, app away.

I am happy to say that I finally have my bronze spade and I have made it through this month without caving to app for that Wal-Mart card.

Thanks for the anti-itch meds guys.  You are the BEST!

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 283 of 345
eviLution
Established Contributor

@sassymomof2 wrote:

This has been an extremely hard month for me reading all these approvals has been making me want to app, app, app away.

I am happy to say that I finally have my bronze spade and I have made it through this month without caving to app for that Wal-Mart card.

Thanks for the anti-itch meds guys.  You are the BEST!

I had to cave in for the Walmart card before gardening! I wanted to at least be able to check on my TU Fico every month while I'm gardening lol

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 284 of 345
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Okay, I've been lurking for a while now...

My last app was 1/30, and I now have a walmart card, an Amazon account and three prime cards through USAA and NFCU. (I've learned a LOT on this forum.)

Each time I think about actually apping for another card, I find myself asking 'what for? Any other cards are going to be higher interest and lower CL's.' So, I'm in the garden because it simply doesn't make any sense to do otherwise right now.

I'm seeing that, for me, getting more approvals is exactly that. APPROVAL. Much like someone saying 'We consider you responsible and respectable.'  Definitely NOT the best source for positive reinforcement.

Anyway, here I am, hoe and rake in hand, to tend my credit lines with everyone else.

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 285 of 345
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@BootStraps wrote:

Okay, I've been lurking for a while now...

My last app was 1/30, and I now have a walmart card, an Amazon account and three prime cards through USAA and NFCU. (I've learned a LOT on this forum.)

Each time I think about actually apping for another card, I find myself asking 'what for? Any other cards are going to be higher interest and lower CL's.' So, I'm in the garden because it simply doesn't make any sense to do otherwise right now.

I'm seeing that, for me, getting more approvals is exactly that. APPROVAL. Much like someone saying 'We consider you responsible and respectable.'  Definitely NOT the best source for positive reinforcement.

Anyway, here I am, hoe and rake in hand, to tend my credit lines with everyone else.

lol Welcome dude. I want to apply for the Discover it bad right now. But since they matched my brother's highest CL when he got approved, I would like to get a nice CLI on my USAA card first -- to kind of "set the bar" for them to try and match.... So I will continue to garden until then. Which, all things constant, will be in the end of May.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 286 of 345
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I got the Discover-IT last week along with 4 other cards...but because of my app'ing addiction the all came with pretty low CL's. So, I am staying in the garden until I can get those limits raised!! 1 week down....a lot more to go!!

*8/10/13
Message 287 of 345
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

Where's the hoe at? I'm getting bored and itchy!

Note to self...get your mind out of the gutter, LOL!Woman LOL

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 288 of 345
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Hi Fico Fam!!!

How is everyone?

I enjoyed an extended weekend vacation and was happy to come back to my gold spade which I earned over the weekend!

I am so proud of myself for staying strong and resisting the application itch.  I plan to continue on in the garden and maybe just maybe, I can make it to that platinum spade!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 289 of 345
myjourney
Super Contributor

@MsLadyRover wrote:

Hi Fico Fam!!!

How is everyone?

I enjoyed an extended weekend vacation and was happy to come back to my gold spade which I earned over the weekend!

I am so proud of myself for staying strong and resisting the application itch.  I plan to continue on in the garden and maybe just maybe, I can make it to that platinum spade!

Hope you had a wonderful vacation and welcome backSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 290 of 345
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.