Reply
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

Welcome home :smileyhappy:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Contributor
teddybearkelli1
Posts: 109
Registered: ‎11-06-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

Ok, I must now also start to garden. 32 cards, 11 new ones in 5 months..definitely time. Now time to start closing the subprimes, I've closed 5 already this week - all paid off. Have had the app itch for the last few months, and time to commit to gardening till atleast the end of the year so some of these inquiries can fall off. :smileyhappy: Hope you don't mind me joining at the end of the month.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 20k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 10k, NFCU NR MC 5k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 10k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 10k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 6k, JCPenneys 5k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS Card 3.5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 4.5k, Amazon Store 2.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 2k, Macys 2k, Barclays Visa 1.7k, Vystar CU Visa 1.5k
Frequent Contributor
sassymomof2
Posts: 280
Registered: ‎04-16-2011
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

This has been an extremely hard month for me reading all these approvals has been making me want to app, app, app away.

 

I am happy to say that I finally have my bronze spade and I have made it through this month without caving to app for that Wal-Mart card.

 

Thanks for the anti-itch meds guys.  You are the BEST!


Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Established Contributor
eviLution
Posts: 706
Registered: ‎06-11-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013


sassymomof2 wrote:

This has been an extremely hard month for me reading all these approvals has been making me want to app, app, app away.

 

I am happy to say that I finally have my bronze spade and I have made it through this month without caving to app for that Wal-Mart card.

 

Thanks for the anti-itch meds guys.  You are the BEST!


I had to cave in for the Walmart card before gardening! I wanted to at least be able to check on my TU Fico every month while I'm gardening lol


Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Established Contributor
BootStraps
Posts: 611
Registered: ‎01-07-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

Okay, I've been lurking for a while now...

 

My last app was 1/30, and I now have a walmart card, an Amazon account and three prime cards through USAA and NFCU. (I've learned a LOT on this forum.)

 

Each time I think about actually apping for another card, I find myself asking 'what for? Any other cards are going to be higher interest and lower CL's.' So, I'm in the garden because it simply doesn't make any sense to do otherwise right now.

 

I'm seeing that, for me, getting more approvals is exactly that. APPROVAL. Much like someone saying 'We consider you responsible and respectable.'  Definitely NOT the best source for positive reinforcement.

 

Anyway, here I am, hoe and rake in hand, to tend my credit lines with everyone else.



Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 691 Eq: 710 Tu: 716
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Back in the Garden 10/2/2014 :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
Swapmeet
Posts: 1,569
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

[ Edited ]

BootStraps wrote:

Okay, I've been lurking for a while now...

 

My last app was 1/30, and I now have a walmart card, an Amazon account and three prime cards through USAA and NFCU. (I've learned a LOT on this forum.)

 

Each time I think about actually apping for another card, I find myself asking 'what for? Any other cards are going to be higher interest and lower CL's.' So, I'm in the garden because it simply doesn't make any sense to do otherwise right now.

 

I'm seeing that, for me, getting more approvals is exactly that. APPROVAL. Much like someone saying 'We consider you responsible and respectable.'  Definitely NOT the best source for positive reinforcement.

 

Anyway, here I am, hoe and rake in hand, to tend my credit lines with everyone else.


lol Welcome dude. I want to apply for the Discover it bad right now. But since they matched my brother's highest CL when he got approved, I would like to get a nice CLI on my USAA card first -- to kind of "set the bar" for them to try and match.... So I will continue to garden until then. Which, all things constant, will be in the end of May.



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Valued Contributor
dodfire
Posts: 1,453
Registered: ‎04-14-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

I got the Discover-IT last week along with 4 other cards...but because of my app'ing addiction the all came with pretty low CL's. So, I am staying in the garden until I can get those limits raised!! 1 week down....a lot more to go!!

*8/10/13
Established Contributor
emptypockets
Posts: 1,019
Registered: ‎02-03-2009
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013


eviLution wrote:

Where's the hoe at? I'm getting bored and itchy!


Note to self...get your mind out of the gutter, LOL!:womanlol:


CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (4), Chase (6), Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa FCU Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Citi (4), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, DC Premier MC, Macy's AMEX; A few store cards.

Current Scores: EQ My Fico (12/14): 785; TU MyFico (12/14): 795; EX (My Fico): 765; Walmart TU Fico 08 (12/2014): 788
Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover
Posts: 2,829
Registered: ‎03-14-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013

Hi Fico Fam!!!

How is everyone?

I enjoyed an extended weekend vacation and was happy to come back to my gold spade which I earned over the weekend!

I am so proud of myself for staying strong and resisting the application itch.  I plan to continue on in the garden and maybe just maybe, I can make it to that platinum spade!



Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2013


MsLadyRover wrote:

Hi Fico Fam!!!

How is everyone?

I enjoyed an extended weekend vacation and was happy to come back to my gold spade which I earned over the weekend!

I am so proud of myself for staying strong and resisting the application itch.  I plan to continue on in the garden and maybe just maybe, I can make it to that platinum spade!


Hope you had a wonderful vacation and welcome back:smileyhappy:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13



myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}