Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - February 2014

tag
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Good Morning GC--

Bonus day off for me today.Smiley Very Happy  All schools are closed.  I had planned on calling out, but now I get to save the day.

If you must travel today, please be safe.

Lucky duck!!!  I am kind of tired today and not in the mood to work... BUT I know I must.  Tommorrow is a PTO day but very full and busy with Dr Appts, etc!

Enjoy the day off Smiley Happy

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 461 of 6,721
alyssamarie
Regular Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@alyssamarie wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@alyssamarie wrote:

I just found out about the shopping cart trick and used it to get 2 cards to stores I shop at. I went for it because it's a SP and it says that's okay. However, I then realized that it will lower my AAoA (which I'm okay with because most of my cards are new)...but I'm wondering if this goes against policy for gardening? I don't want to be a fraud so I'll reset my date if so :/

New TLs reset your gardening clock. Congrats on the new TLs though!

thanks! taking that into consideration, I would've just skipped out on them! what's done is done though! 

Congrats on the CLI and new TLs!

Don't feel bad, I use the same shopping cart trick and pulled three new accounts in December not thinking it would reset my gardening clock Smiley Sad

Live and learn, I would be quite happy without those cards but yeah I had to take the what's done is done approach too. I'm using them once then sock drawering them.  Others have closed them completely within a few months of opening.

The two I got (Express and Loft) were for stores that I do occassionally shop at so they'll get a little use at least! But now I have 7 store cards, which might be quite a bit lol.

Discover It $1k | Chase Freedom $1.2k | Barclay Apple $1.7k | Target $1k |TJX Rewards $1k | Walmart $900 | Macy's $800 | American Eagle $750 | VS $750 | LOFT $500 | Express $350 | Cap1 Sec. $200 |

AU: Amex BCP $5k | Barclaycard Arrival $3k | Amazon Visa $2k | Chase Freedom $2k | Discover It $1.5k

Gardening as of 02/04/14
Current TU FICO 701 | Goal 1: 700✓ met on 2/18/14 | Goal 2: 720

Message 462 of 6,721
wonderandawe
Valued Member

Still in the garden since my last post in June.  Have got...

Still in the garden since my last post in June.  Have gotten two auto CLI from Discover.   Got a baddie coming off of my report at the end of this month.   Currently working on paying my Discover down from Moving, Vacation, and Christmas.

myFICO Equifax - 675 (June 2013)
myFICO TransUnion - 700! (June 2013)
Credit Karma - 682 (June 2013)
Starting Score - 603 (December 2012)

In the garden since 6/7/2013
Message 463 of 6,721
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Still in the garden since my last post in June. Have got...

@wonderandawe wrote:

Still in the garden since my last post in June.  Have gotten two auto CLI from Discover.   Got a baddie coming off of my report at the end of this month.   Currently working on paying my Discover down from Moving, Vacation, and Christmas.

Congrats on the progress!

Message 464 of 6,721
Galaim
Contributor

Good Morning, gardeners!

Still hanging out in the garden. Had a sad weekend with a family loss.

Hope everyone is doing well. The cold weather is headed our way this week with 20's expected by mid-week here in the great PacNW. BRR! My gimpy joints do NOT like the cold. (NOT to be confused with my gimpy joints not liking Cold. I like him just fine!! :-))

Gardening since 12/01/13 with an escape on 4/22/14 for a good cause
Scores: 05/01/10: thin file/no score 08/11/11: 620 all (mortgage FICO) 04/25/14: 705 TU (Barclay) 695 EX (FNBO) 621 EQ (FAKO) In My Wallet:: Wells Rewards Visa $7k, Care Credit $5k, Wells Care Credit $3.6k, NFBO Overstock $4.5k, BarclayCard $2.5k, Capital One $300, Chase $1.8k, Lane Bryant $1.75k, QVC $1.7k, Best Buy $1k, Chase Amazon Visa $500, Target RED $500, Torrid (Comenity) $350, Macys $300, TOTAL $31k CL, 36% util

Message 465 of 6,721
ayles
Established Contributor

@Galaim wrote:

Good Morning, gardeners!

Hope everyone is doing well. The cold weather is headed our way this week with 20's expected by mid-week here in the great PacNW. BRR! My gimpy joints do NOT like the cold. (NOT to be confused with my gimpy joints not liking Cold. I like him just fine!! :-))

So sorry for your loss.  Praying for peace and comfort as you go through the grieving process.  

I feel you on the joints.  I am newly diagnosed with arthritis and Michigan weather has done me in thus far.  

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 466 of 6,721
ayles
Established Contributor

Good morning GC.  I had a busy weekend and am finally getting a moment to pop my head in.  I don't think I'll be able to catch up with everybody's post but feel free to give a synopsis @Pupe Smiley Happy

Still garden strong.

Still waiting to see what's going to happen with my gw letter to GE regarding the HP.

Still very cold in Michigan Smiley Mad

How's everyone? 

Message 467 of 6,721
ayles
Established Contributor

@zsepthenne wrote:

Checking in for February! Been here three months, and my Walmart has grown from $600 to $1050 :-D Oddly credit solutions denied an increase, but the Luv button approved me lol

That's great! Congrats!

I get no love from GE be it credit solutions or the love button.  I started at $400 and they auto clid me at 4th statement to $600 and my 8th statement just passed and no auto cli, no credit solution cli and no auto button cli grrrrrr! 

Message 468 of 6,721
Galaim
Contributor

@ayles wrote:

@Galaim wrote:

Good Morning, gardeners!

So sorry for your loss.  Praying for peace and comfort as you go through the grieving process.  

I feel you on the joints.  I am newly diagnosed with arthritis and Michigan weather has done me in thus far.  

Thanks. It's been a hard weekend. 2nd big loss in 2 years for the family.
Which kind of arthritis do you have? I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, which is somewhat similar to Rheumatoid but eventually fuses the spine and attacks some organs.

Gardening since 12/01/13 with an escape on 4/22/14 for a good cause
Scores: 05/01/10: thin file/no score 08/11/11: 620 all (mortgage FICO) 04/25/14: 705 TU (Barclay) 695 EX (FNBO) 621 EQ (FAKO) In My Wallet:: Wells Rewards Visa $7k, Care Credit $5k, Wells Care Credit $3.6k, NFBO Overstock $4.5k, BarclayCard $2.5k, Capital One $300, Chase $1.8k, Lane Bryant $1.75k, QVC $1.7k, Best Buy $1k, Chase Amazon Visa $500, Target RED $500, Torrid (Comenity) $350, Macys $300, TOTAL $31k CL, 36% util

Message 469 of 6,721
ayles
Established Contributor

@Galaim wrote:

@ayles wrote:

@Galaim wrote:

Good Morning, gardeners!

Thanks. It's been a hard weekend. 2nd big loss in 2 years for the family.
Which kind of arthritis do you have? I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, which is somewhat similar to Rheumatoid but eventually fuses the spine and attacks some organs.

Yes it's rheumatoid...it's hereditary...

Message 470 of 6,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.