Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Senior Contributor
Posts: 7,682
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014


tinuviel wrote:

msf12555 wrote:

Sorry, but I have to toot my own horn for a minute. My FICO score at the beginning of Jan was in the high five hundreds. Found out EX processed my last PFD today, and so I pulled my score... 729!! AAAAHHHH!!!!! In just about a month I went up over 140 points! All because of you guys! I can't thank you all enough! The New Guy is SO happy!!! AHHHH!!!!


CN8520Awesome.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Yes, truly awesome!Smiley Very Happy

Senior Contributor
Posts: 7,682
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014


starry1 wrote:

Hey, checking in!  Welcome to all the newbies and stay strong to all the oldies!


Hey. starry--

 

How's it going?

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 7,682
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014


tinuviel wrote:

Happy Thursday!

 

With all of the cold and nasty weather around parts of the country, I thought that I'd light the clubhouse fireplace. If anyone feels the need to come close and warm up, then make yourself comfy.

 

I spoke with my DD and she's hoping to feel well enough by Sunday to come down. I hope so, but we'll just have to wait and see. The last thing I want is for her to be on the road for a two hour drive while she's sick. Better to stay home and be safe.

 

Here's hoping that everyone stays safe through these winter storms.

 

fireplace.jpg


Thanks for the cozy fire.  It is much needed and appreciated.

 

Hope DD is feeling better soon, and you get to have a great visit with her.

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,441
Registered: ‎11-29-2012
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014


FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

starry1 wrote:

Hey, checking in!  Welcome to all the newbies and stay strong to all the oldies!


Hey. starry--

 

How's it going?

 


Work is very very busy, which is why I haven't checked in for a few days.  Why do you have a seedling?  

 

We finally have decent weather here in Colorado.  Everyone suffering this polar vortex nonsense down south and back east, stay strong.  This will be heading your way shortly and its 50 today and supposed to be about 68 over the weekend.




Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014

Ok, I just picked up my mail, and I have a new offer... this time from BoA. It's for a Visa card that benefits Golden Key, which is an honor society that I belonged to in college. The rewards structure is identical to the one for my alumni association card, so there's no incentive to app; I'm really happy with the card I have. But, it still feels nice to be wanted. Smiley Happy


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014


FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

tinuviel wrote:

msf12555 wrote:

newmomnewme wrote:

FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

BootStraps wrote:

FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Wow, on the phone with collections while in labor -  I can't even imagine.  You should feel proud that you have come so far, and it's good to know that you are now in a supportive relationship.

 

This forum has helped many, myself included.  The strides that I have made in a little over a year I never thought possible before joining here.  I am forever grateful for the knowledge (and good laughs) gained here.  I stay to learn more, but also to pay-it-forward. 


I entirely agree with you. It's a beautiful experience to be able to share information that one has benefitted from. The best thing that anyone can hope for is to infect another person with hope and light. Smiley Happy

 

Waxing a bit sentimental today... don't mind me.

 

And I also agree about the laughs. This group had me in stiches the whole of last month. (Still not sure if Cold ever got to put on his sweater.)


Nothing wrong with being a little sentimental from time-to-time.Smiley Happy

 

Not sure what happened last month, but the group was in an exceptionally mischievous mood.Smiley Wink  We'll have to ask about the sweater.

 


Ok...now I am going to get a tissue....whenever members PM to thank me for whatever, they ask what they can do...I ALWAYS say, just pay it forward. I am experiencing benefits of rebuiliding credit RIGHT now; opportunities that were not available 4 months ago are happening (pre-approval for mortgage, 20k CL, sign up bonuses, etc) I really owe it all to this group. I heard another member say they stumbled upon myFico via Google....SO did I. I am SO happy I did! 

 


Me too. When I started in the forums in December, I had 10 collections on EX. 10!! By Monday morning of next week, I will have ZERO! From 10-0 in less than two months. When I got from 10 to 8, I checked my EX FICO and it was 598 (so probably a few points lower when I had 10). Come Monday I am hoping to be over 700. In two months. People here are awesome, and have opened doors and save money like nobody's business. Love it!


I love to hear success stories like these. When I first came on these forums, my credit was a mess. I learned so much from other posters and was able to use that information to get myself on track. I also believe in paying it forward, and try to do so in my own small way. This is a wonderful community and I'm so glad that I found it. You folks are the best!


And so are you!Smiley Very Happy


That's so sweet of you... thanks. Group hug!!! Smiley Happy


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,679
Registered: ‎11-23-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014


msf12555 wrote:

Sorry, but I have to toot my own horn for a minute. My FICO score at the beginning of Jan was in the high five hundreds. Found out EX processed my last PFD today, and so I pulled my score... 729!! AAAAHHHH!!!!! In just about a month I went up over 140 points! All because of you guys! I can't thank you all enough! The New Guy is SO happy!!! AHHHH!!!!


CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,679
Registered: ‎11-23-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014


tinuviel wrote:

msf12555 wrote:

newmomnewme wrote:

FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

BootStraps wrote:

FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Wow, on the phone with collections while in labor -  I can't even imagine.  You should feel proud that you have come so far, and it's good to know that you are now in a supportive relationship.

 

This forum has helped many, myself included.  The strides that I have made in a little over a year I never thought possible before joining here.  I am forever grateful for the knowledge (and good laughs) gained here.  I stay to learn more, but also to pay-it-forward. 


I entirely agree with you. It's a beautiful experience to be able to share information that one has benefitted from. The best thing that anyone can hope for is to infect another person with hope and light. Smiley Happy

 

Waxing a bit sentimental today... don't mind me.

 

And I also agree about the laughs. This group had me in stiches the whole of last month. (Still not sure if Cold ever got to put on his sweater.)


Nothing wrong with being a little sentimental from time-to-time.Smiley Happy

 

Not sure what happened last month, but the group was in an exceptionally mischievous mood.Smiley Wink  We'll have to ask about the sweater.

 


Ok...now I am going to get a tissue....whenever members PM to thank me for whatever, they ask what they can do...I ALWAYS say, just pay it forward. I am experiencing benefits of rebuiliding credit RIGHT now; opportunities that were not available 4 months ago are happening (pre-approval for mortgage, 20k CL, sign up bonuses, etc) I really owe it all to this group. I heard another member say they stumbled upon myFico via Google....SO did I. I am SO happy I did! 

 


Me too. When I started in the forums in December, I had 10 collections on EX. 10!! By Monday morning of next week, I will have ZERO! From 10-0 in less than two months. When I got from 10 to 8, I checked my EX FICO and it was 598 (so probably a few points lower when I had 10). Come Monday I am hoping to be over 700. In two months. People here are awesome, and have opened doors and save money like nobody's business. Love it!


I love to hear success stories like these. When I first came on these forums, my credit was a mess. I learned so much from other posters and was able to use that information to get myself on track. I also believe in paying it forward, and try to do so in my own small way. This is a wonderful community and I'm so glad that I found it. You folks are the best!


Very heart warming day here in the GC! I agree whole heartedly with all of this!

 

Also- I see someone mentioned Mischief, so naturally, here I am!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,679
Registered: ‎11-23-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014


tinuviel wrote:

Happy Thursday!

 

With all of the cold and nasty weather around parts of the country, I thought that I'd light the clubhouse fireplace. If anyone feels the need to come close and warm up, then make yourself comfy.

 

I spoke with my DD and she's hoping to feel well enough by Sunday to come down. I hope so, but we'll just have to wait and see. The last thing I want is for her to be on the road for a two hour drive while she's sick. Better to stay home and be safe.

 

Here's hoping that everyone stays safe through these winter storms.

 

fireplace.jpg


What she probably needs most, is her mom. If she makes the trip, it's because she needs you. Heart I would, even if I were sick.. maybe especially if I were sick.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Senior Contributor
Posts: 7,682
Registered: ‎01-05-2013
0

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014


tinuviel wrote:

Ok, I just picked up my mail, and I have a new offer... this time from BoA. It's for a Visa card that benefits Golden Key, which is an honor society that I belonged to in college. The rewards structure is identical to the one for my alumni association card, so there's no incentive to app; I'm really happy with the card I have. But, it still feels nice to be wanted. Smiley Happy


That tingly feeling you get when you decline an offer rather than a lender declining you.Smiley Very Happy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.