Good morning GC! Checking in.

Morning, cold.  Have a great day!

Message 2491 of 6,721
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - February 2014

@yudeology101 wrote:

Morning everyone,

101 checking in, getting ready for some golf in the morning.  Weather has been really good lately so i'll be in my bermuda shorts and a cigar in my mouth on the course! 

Have a great Sunday everyone,  go USA!  It was a great hockey game last night against Russia

Enjoy the sunshine and warm temps.  Please send some to the northeast.  Please, please, pretty please.

Message 2492 of 6,721
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

Good Morning GC,

The sun is shining and there is no snow in the forecast for this week.Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lol it's 7 degrees now and going down to -4 tonight. Going to be in the 20s tomorrow, 30 Wednesday, and then it's going to be in the 40s after that for the rest of the week. I don't know how I'll handle temps that high!!! I better unpack my shorts and flip flops!

LOL!  I know what you mean.  It was 42F Friday afternoon and it felt like a pool day.  Looks like we might hit 50 at the end of the week, but the forecat has been revised for Mon/Tues.  It's now calling for a mix of snow/sleet/rain.  Smiley Sad  Many homes/businesses have collapsed due to the weight of snow/ice.  Really don't need any more crushed structures.

Yikes. Sounds like we have similar forcasts. Monday and Tuesday will be crummy, which makes sense, since those are my days off, but then great after that! I can't wait. I also hope there isn't any more damage from the weather.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2493 of 6,721
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Darrell82 wrote:

Good morning all. How is everyone this morning. Checking in. Thought i would let everyone know since i had to get out of Garden to buy some land i ended up getting preappoved then made offer and 2 days later they accepted my offer and i locked in my loan on Friday so now ill be going through the mortgage process. Yay 52k for 5 acres assessed at 90k thinking i got myself a great deal. 20 year loan with a apr of 4.5%. I will be paying this off super fast. I left it at 20 years just to keep the payment low in case something was to happen god forbid but made the payment super low in case the unexpected was to happen i would easily be able to make payment.

As soon as i get it paid down to 20 k ill be building up on it.

Congrats! Glad it worked out so well.

I understand your logic regarding length of loan.  When I purchased my vehicle last year, I took loan for 5 yrs just to be safe.  I will have it done in less than 2 1/2, perhaps 2 if my contract is renewed in July.

Message 2494 of 6,721
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

Made it to day 60. Working had on getting my CRs corrected with varying amounts of success. At least i have some time in the garden to pass the time while I wait on getting them in line for a run at AMEX and CSP hopefully this summer

Good job staying strong and working to clean-up your reports!

Message 2495 of 6,721
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Thanks .. Mee too. So now i guess i just wait for the official appraisal then got a lawyer that has to make sure the land is free and clear then i think its off to closing. My credit union said they changed there requirements to close at 28 days instead of 30. Shouldnt be an issue to close in 28 days.

Message 2496 of 6,721
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@Darrell82 wrote:

Thanks .. Mee too. So now i guess i just wait for the official appraisal then got a lawyer that has to make sure the land is free and clear then i think its off to closing. My credit union said they changed there requirements to close at 28 days instead of 30. Shouldnt be an issue to close in 28 days.

Congratulations, and I like seeing how you planned everything out short and long term!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2497 of 6,721
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Happy Sunday, fellow GCers!

I've had a busy couple of days. Valentine's was very nice, great evening with my DH. Smiley Happy All in all, the last couple of days have been good, but as I said, busy.

And, this is going to be a quick touch and go post. My DD is feeling much better and is coming to visit later today, so I'll be off the forums for a couple of more days. We're having a belated birthday dinner tonight and I'm getting things ready. I'll check in again in a couple of days. Until then, happy gardening!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2498 of 6,721
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Morning everyone,

101 checking in, getting ready for some golf in the morning.  Weather has been really good lately so i'll be in my bermuda shorts and a cigar in my mouth on the course! 

Have a great Sunday everyone,  go USA!  It was a great hockey game last night against Russia

Enjoy the sunshine and warm temps.  Please send some to the northeast.  Please, please, pretty please.

If you're a golfer, come on by this way and we'll have a round followed by hours of booze marathon.  I can't do anything for the weather, last time i had a lil' chat w/ the weather for being so fickle, my car got rained on right after it got waxed. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2499 of 6,721
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Happy Sunday, fellow GCers!

I've had a busy couple of days. Valentine's was very nice, great evening with my DH. Smiley Happy All in all, the last couple of days have been good, but as I said, busy.

And, this is going to be a quick touch and go post. My DD is feeling much better and is coming to visit later today, so I'll be off the forums for a couple of more days. We're having a belated birthday dinner tonight and I'm getting things ready. I'll check in again in a couple of days. Until then, happy gardening!

Hey Tin!

Good to hear that your DD is feeling better!  Have a great weekend

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2500 of 6,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.