Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2012

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2012

Hi, all.

While I'm an enormous fan of the quote function, and I'm always begging people to use it, the Lithium hamsters called. Their scrabbly little paws are all worn out, trying to keep the exercise wheels which power the Lithium servers going, and the gi-normous quotes were eating up space something fierce.

As the Lithium budget did not anticipate either extra bags of Hamster Chow OR tiny little booties for overworked hamster paws, I edited out the last half-dozen or so posts to get them down to four quotes or so per post. Since I did this in html, there's an excellent chance that on at least one thread, I have the wrong poster's name on the wrong post. My apologies. I'm kinda cross-eyed now.

Anyway, we've all enjoyed watched the threads get down to where there's only one word per line, but enough's enough, so let's let this go, please. It's hard to read, and it's making the threads crazy long.

hauling

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 201 of 1,065
quest208
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@quest208 wrote:

LOL ya'll ruined the plan.  nobody was supposed to know about the midnight plan.   Someone must have told TMZ.  ruined my plan.

might have to reschedule.  and meet up in another state

You must be in the same state as him.

I think he has already gone to bed hahaha

buhahahaha.    i was out there waiting in the car.  like in the movies doing a stakeout.  i tossed out some cd's with my fingerprints, sum wrappers, and cigarette butts as i waited in the car for the transaction to go down.  but he never showed with my plastic.  ive been tricked!  i want that amex!

@CS800 wrote:
I wonder if it does help for a CC company to see the other creditors on one's report and feel better. As in 'Ah AMEX gave him a card so we can too'

lmao

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 202 of 1,065
quest208
Frequent Contributor

uh oh.  someone brokeded the machine.

i say blame cs800.  after all, rumor has it that he's a mole.  a mole spy.  a mole spy from amex.  a mole spy from amex that brokeded the machine.   LOL!!!!

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 203 of 1,065
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, i'm new to the site and this is definitely for me. i've been haphazardly applying for cards and finding ways to build my credit....i'm actually not inclined to pay to see my credit score and rely on the estimated scores obtainable online, so i don't have numbers to provide (720 on credit karma)........my problem is, in applying for these cards, i didn't get the ones i "should" have, ones that offer rewards (save sapphire). i want to apply for the citi cards (thankyou or dividends), what do you all think?

PNC VISA - 2,000

PNC VISA - 6,500

Discover - 3,000

Capitol One - 3,000

Citibank Platinum - 5,900

Chase Sapphire - 10,000

Message 204 of 1,065
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Hi, all.

While I'm an enormous fan of the quote function, and I'm always begging people to use it, the Lithium hamsters called. Their scrabbly little paws are all worn out, trying to keep the exercise wheels which power the Lithium servers going, and the gi-normous quotes were eating up space something fierce.

As the Lithium budget did not anticipate either extra bags of Hamster Chow OR tiny little booties for overworked hamster paws, I edited out the last half-dozen or so posts to get them down to four quotes or so per post. Since I did this in html, there's an excellent chance that on at least one thread, I have the wrong poster's name on the wrong post. My apologies. I'm kinda cross-eyed now.

Anyway, we've all enjoyed watched the threads get down to where there's only one word per line, but enough's enough, so let's let this go, please. It's hard to read, and it's making the threads crazy long.

hauling

Oh, my goodness... I see that this has been posted as a temporary sticky to the general forum. It seems that our thread has become notorious! Smiley Surprised

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 205 of 1,065
CS800
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Hi, all.

hauling

Hauling, didn't notice this post but saw your sticky. I agree it can get out of control and I will be the first to say i use the quote function too mcuh and will try not to do so in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

And no I don't think you're being mean, it's a perfectly reasonable request for the sanity of everyone and in a way maintain some sense/order in the posts. That's what mods are for. I am a 'super mod' on another forum and I know exactly what you mean Smiley Happy

Message 206 of 1,065
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

Hauling, didn't notice this post but saw your sticky. I agree it can get out of control and I will be the first to say i use the quote function too mcuh and will try not to do so in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

And no I don't think you're being mean, it's a perfectly reasonable request for the sanity of everyone and in a way maintain some sense/order in the posts. That's what mods are for. I am a 'super mod' on another forum and I know exactly what you mean Smiley Happy

No one is discouraging the use of the quote button. What you can do is edit any part of the quotes that is not necessary for context. I do that all the time to shorten my responses.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 207 of 1,065
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

No one is discouraging the use of the quote button. What you can do is edit any part of the quotes that is not necessary for context. I do that all the time to shorten my responses.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Understood. I've gotten carried away myself, at times. We'll be more careful from now on.

(May I fill up your glass? Perhaps an h'orderve?) Smiley Happy

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 208 of 1,065
CS800
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I know but im glad you specified 'necessary context' Smiley Happy

Message 209 of 1,065
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I logged into my Wells Fargo accounts this morning to check on my checking/savings balances. The prequalified offer for the cash back Visa card is STILL there. I thought it might disappear after the 3rd. But, I'm sticking by my guns -- no app. After my baddies drop off, then I'll consider applying. I would like to have this card, but I just don't think that the time is right. After baddies drop off, I'll not only have a better chance for approval, but at better terms as well.

In the meantime, I'm embracing my Amex green as my primary card. Smiley Happy

Message 210 of 1,065
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.