Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2012

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2012

@LS2982 wrote:

YES!!!! All 3 of us will get it!!! We should do like a meet and greet and have dinner Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a plan.....No salads though. After a year of gardening.... I want straight meat and taters...Sorry, but I am a country girl at heart.

Message 741 of 1,065
CS800
Super Contributor

@NikJ4 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

YES!!!! All 3 of us will get it!!! We should do like a meet and greet and have dinner Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a plan.....No salads though. After a year of gardening.... I want straight meat and taters...Sorry, but I am a country girl at heart.

That's not a word we hear often up here Smiley Happy

Message 742 of 1,065
NikJ4
Established Contributor

CS800- lol.....

Now I am excited because I can increase my USAA AMEX Secured card and its automatic. Yeppers, I am in business with a plan for 2012. 

Message 743 of 1,065
poet
Regular Contributor

Gardening away, having sockdrawered everything since the middle of last year (cash flow seriously disrupted--just getting some of what's owed me and passing it along).

Limits (which tell you how poor I am):

Mall-Wart $1300

CapOne $1500

Macy's ~$700 (ho ho ho)

Orchard $500 (autopilot for pocket-leaks into Kindle, etc., but at INSANELY high variable rate now)

Made the mistake of using the credit card in between paydays as a stopgap (e.g., groceries and gas). The cost of everyday basics has crucified us--groceries, especially. So I've pretty much sockdrawered everything and can't see spending more than 10% on any of these accounts in one month for any reason. CapOne is my oldest and go-to card, but barely enough to cover convention travel for work. I am just about sure that I will have to cancel this year's meeting as a precaution, as well as another trip this summer (unless I can raise enough money on the side). I'm finally near the end of grad school, so I'm trying to hunker down this year until I reach the point where I can either 1) take on extra P-T work or 2) take a F-T job. I'm looking forward to re-entering the world of real adults who earn living wages!...too old for ramen and granola bars!

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 744 of 1,065
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NikJ4 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Longhorn Steakhouse!!! Got me a big ole porterhouse with my name on it!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 745 of 1,065
Smug
Established Contributor

A month of gardening for me, my thumbs are tied together with twine,I pruned 5 small cards this month to make room for the big bloomers to have extra room.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 746 of 1,065
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@NikJ4 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Longhorn Steakhouse!!! Got me a big ole porterhouse with my name on it!!!!

Mmmmmm.... Longhorn Steakhouse!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 747 of 1,065
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@poet wrote:

Gardening away, having sockdrawered everything since the middle of last year (cash flow seriously disrupted--just getting some of what's owed me and passing it along).

Limits (which tell you how poor I am):

Mall-Wart $1300

CapOne $1500

Macy's ~$700 (ho ho ho)

Orchard $500 (autopilot for pocket-leaks into Kindle, etc., but at INSANELY high variable rate now)

Made the mistake of using the credit card in between paydays as a stopgap (e.g., groceries and gas). The cost of everyday basics has crucified us--groceries, especially. So I've pretty much sockdrawered everything and can't see spending more than 10% on any of these accounts in one month for any reason. CapOne is my oldest and go-to card, but barely enough to cover convention travel for work. I am just about sure that I will have to cancel this year's meeting as a precaution, as well as another trip this summer (unless I can raise enough money on the side). I'm finally near the end of grad school, so I'm trying to hunker down this year until I reach the point where I can either 1) take on extra P-T work or 2) take a F-T job. I'm looking forward to re-entering the world of real adults who earn living wages!...too old for ramen and granola bars!

I understand having life circumstances wreak havoc with finances. It sounds like you're getting things under control, though, and this is good. Good luck with finishing grad school -- great accomplishment! In the meantime, I hope that you enjoy hanging out with us in the garden. Smiley Happy

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 748 of 1,065
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Still hanging in there. The urge to app has definitely lessened, and this is good. Moving my Amex up to being my primary card has helped, as I'm now focused on earning MR points that I plan on using to help pay for a vacation later this year. Every time I look at a different card, I remind myself that if I got it and used it, it would take away from the rewards that I'm earning with Amex. The wonderful thing about this is that, by the time that I'm ready to book the trip, most of the stuff that I'm waiting to fall off my reports should either be gone or very close to falling off. So, I'll be using up my MR points close to the time that I'd be ready to look at other cards. In the meantime, I just keep watering and fertilizing my garden. Smiley Happy

Message 749 of 1,065
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Still hanging in there. The urge to app has definitely lessened, and this is good. Moving my Amex up to being my primary card has helped, as I'm now focused on earning MR points that I plan on using to help pay for a vacation later this year. Every time I look at a different card, I remind myself that if I got it and used it, it would take away from the rewards that I'm earning with Amex. The wonderful thing about this is that, by the time that I'm ready to book the trip, most of the stuff that I'm waiting to fall off my reports should either be gone or very close to falling off. So, I'll be using up my MR points close to the time that I'd be ready to look at other cards. In the meantime, I just keep watering and fertilizing my garden. Smiley Happy

I feel you on this one. I have no desire to app anymore. I am content.

Message 750 of 1,065
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.