Garden Club Meeting - January 2012

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2012

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
I know! Its been provwn with me that once that itch starts coming within 5 days that app goes in!! HELP!!!

DON'T DO IT!!!

I know that you want an Amex, and I know that the itch had kicked in. But you just got your Barclay's card, and you're going to risk losing it if you app now. Then, you'll have incurred an inq and a new account ding for nothing! You can have BOTH the Barclay's AND the Amex -- if you wait. If you app now, you risk losing the Barclay's with no guarantee of getting the Amex. Is the risk really worth it?

Why not mark a date on your calendar that is after the six month mark from when you got your Barclay's? Circle the date in red. Plan it as an event that you are looking forward to. Focus on that date. Then, and only then, give yourself permission to app for the Amex. Sometimes it helps if we have a clear, concrete plan in place.

I like this, I think everything would be so easy if current creditors would give CLI's!!!

You'd still be jonesing for Amex and Discover More.

I've got $39K in limits and still want the BCP, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 81 of 1,065
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
I know! Its been provwn with me that once that itch starts coming within 5 days that app goes in!! HELP!!!

DON'T DO IT!!!

I know that you want an Amex, and I know that the itch had kicked in. But you just got your Barclay's card, and you're going to risk losing it if you app now. Then, you'll have incurred an inq and a new account ding for nothing! You can have BOTH the Barclay's AND the Amex -- if you wait. If you app now, you risk losing the Barclay's with no guarantee of getting the Amex. Is the risk really worth it?

Why not mark a date on your calendar that is after the six month mark from when you got your Barclay's? Circle the date in red. Plan it as an event that you are looking forward to. Focus on that date. Then, and only then, give yourself permission to app for the Amex. Sometimes it helps if we have a clear, concrete plan in place.

I like this, I think everything would be so easy if current creditors would give CLI's!!!

Yea but i'd stick to my plan of july easier.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 82 of 1,065
Smug
Established Contributor

Woo HOO 600.00 CLI on my Amazon!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 83 of 1,065
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I bet you do! Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 84 of 1,065
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

DON'T DO IT!!!

I've decided to go with a target score (like 760) ... after getting a mortgage

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 85 of 1,065
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

DON'T DO IT!!!

I've decided to go with a target score (like 760) ... after getting a mortgage

Good plan!! You'll get it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 86 of 1,065
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

I got a 150 CLI on my orchard card, not to bad on the first try! It was just as exciting as apping! 

Message 87 of 1,065
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@daneatreia wrote:

I got a 150 CLI on my orchard card, not to bad on the first try! It was just as exciting as apping! 

Way to go! Congrats!!!!! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 88 of 1,065
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Smug wrote:
Woo HOO 600.00 CLI on my Amazon!

Congrats!!!! Nice increase! What does that bring you up to?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 89 of 1,065
CS800
Super Contributor

@daneatreia wrote:

Great, you know any CLI is a good CLI Smiley Happy

Message 90 of 1,065
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.