Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

I'm new the forums and spending some time in the garden.  I won't be opening any new cards until after I find and close on my house. I'm thinking about the following around summer (I have 5 inq falling off in feb 2013 Smiley Happy DCU Rewards, Discover Rewards. 

Not sure which others rewards cards are really BK friendly (bk 08)

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 21 of 362
Cageym
Established Contributor

Still hanging around. No apps.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 22 of 362
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@creditnocash wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

What about those who are planning to refinance a mortgage?  Is that in or out of the garden?

if you take an inquiry to refinance your out but its a big reason to step out. and hopefully for the better. 

ANY hard pull will result in this. 

The rule is specifically any HP that leads to a tradeline, or has the possibility of leading to a new tradeline, or is a change in the tradeline (CLI's being the example there).

As a refinance of either a mortgage or auto loan leads to a new tradeline, that is considered stepping out of the garden... though both absolutely worth doing so for unlike some number of credit card applications.  Gardening is a tool after all, not an end goal in itself.

There are a few other reasons for inquiries though, rental check, new utilities, or renting a car with a debit card (unlikely on this particular forum I admit) that have no chance of leading to a tradeline and are considered unavoidable.  As such they don't reset your gardening timeline.

        
Message 23 of 362
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Day one of gardening

PayPal MC 1000
Barclay rewards 1000
Matrix sec 300 (plucking this weed prior to fees)
Applied 500.

Plan not to app until 11/13ish state inspection runs out that's when i plan to exit.

Approved for both PayPal and Barclay this month. Both on recon. Thank you guys/lady's.
With out u i could not of got this far.

Also quit smoking and put that money towards applied secured until 5k Max.

Thanks for the help and encouragement. HAPPY NEWYEAR
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 24 of 362
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Wolf3 wrote:

What about those who are planning to refinance a mortgage?  Is that in or out of the garden?

I applied to refinance my mortgage in July points to siggy... lost my spade but saved 15k over the life of the loan. Reduced my payment by 500 per month on a rental property. No one will think badly of you for stepping out of the garden for a timely refi Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 25 of 362
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Silver Spade this month! Don't have the itch as much the last two weeks. I have gardened Home Depot, Lowes, Cabelas, Tractor Supply, Walmart, Amazon and Associated Bank. PIFed all of them. Now for round three. Good luck everyone!

Message 26 of 362
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@revelate... prior to getting additional cards in february 2012 I rented a car and I got a HP for it in July 2011. Such a sad reason to get a HP... if I had known about this forum I could have probably had an amex back then!

@obageegee. ... Congrats on silver spade!!!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 27 of 362
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Ouch web.

I would be pissed if i got a HP to rent a car. Same thing with cable companies and stuff. Id rather leave a deposit than get a hp.
Message 28 of 362
Epcot
Valued Contributor

As with many others, January was to be the month I was going to apply for a couple new cards. I scratched that itch successfully in November and have been happily back in the garden since.
Enjoying some Champagne hoping to remain here for a long time. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 29 of 362
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

I've grown so much in knowledge from this great community & I will not seek any further credit lines, only nurture & care for what's already achieved. I've acquired new lines, improved old lines, & will seek new ventures late 2013 (Oct-Nov-Dec).

Happy New Year 2013 !

SisterGirl 

SisterGirl
Message 30 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.