Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

Hi folks!

I'd love to start gardening, but can you lock me in?  I tend to escape.  Maybe we need inpatient lock-down for cardaholics.  

Message 71 of 362
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

I'd love to start gardening, but can you lock me in?  I tend to escape.  Maybe we need inpatient lock-down for cardaholics.  

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

My first gardening session lasted all of 4 days I think. It is really hard to do. 

Message 72 of 362
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

My last app was for an auto loan. It proved successful so no more apps for me this year. My goal is to garden my cards and grow the CLs with soft pulls. Last app was 12/17/12.

congrats on the auto loan and very nice APR!

Thank you Smiley Happy

I'm trying to stay in the garden this year!!

I realized that the only reason I app'd for so many cards was because when I only had 2 credit cards during a time I was trying to obtain an auto loan ASAP...no one would give me a chance b/c I didn't have enough revolving credit...credit game makes no sense sometimes.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 73 of 362
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Still gardening strong! Gold spade in a few days! And hopefully an auto CLI from Discover for my 6 months!

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 74 of 362
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Rejoining the garden after stepping out to apply for the PRG Amex in November and then being hit again for an app for a Corporate Amex. On the bright side, 3 days ago, I was able to get CLI's on all 3 of my Navy Federal cards with all soft pulls, and an increase on my Wally card too without a HP.

I'll be gardening the following:

NFCU NRewards Visa - $7k

NFCU NRewards Mastercard - $3k

NFCU Cash Rewards Visa - $4k

Chase Southwest Visa - $5k

Barclays Apple - $1.6k

Discover More - $1k

PayPal Smart Credit - $1.5k

American Signature Furniture - $1.5k

Wally - $800

Sock Drawering These Until I Can Close Them At 1 year:

Shop NBC

AE

Abercrombie & Fitch

Dillard's

Zales

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 75 of 362
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

My first gardening session lasted all of 4 days I think. It is really hard to do. 

It's all the success stories on this forum. I swear, living vicariously through everyone else's posts has not worked for me. LOL I get the app itch as soon as I see someone with similar scores getting approved. It's my weakness. This time I'm trying to be good.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 76 of 362
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

It's all the success stories on this forum. I swear, living vicariously through everyone else's posts has not worked for me. LOL I get the app itch as soon as I see someone with similar scores getting approved. It's my weakness. This time I'm trying to be good.

Same here! Still here from last month, staying put until at least April - trying for June when my accounts should all be ready for CLI's =)

Message 77 of 362
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year! Smiley Happy

I'll be gardening this year as well.

My 4 CCs: $24,800 total, Util: 11.77%. I intend to bring it below 7% and keep it low.

Student loan: $4,500 left to pay. Personal Loan: $5,300 w/ 30 months left on term.

1 HP inq in 7/12 for loan from NFCU showing on EQ only.

My FICO: EQ 773 | TU 782 - 12/12
Garden Club: App-free since 7/12

Plan for 2013: Continue to pay down loans and CC. No new apps anytime soon.

Cheers

Message 78 of 362
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Two days in i find myself wanting more. I have two apps that i have no clue on status. VS card (soft PULL) can't find any way to contact. Sears (citi says no record of application) guess i have to wait for the letters. It is hard to fight the urge to seek new credit.
I know its best to not apply. I just want to apply For 30 or 40 cards then i can be done.
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 79 of 362
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.

I am app free since 08/08/2012.

With the new year, I had contemplated leaving the garden and apping for a few bigger, better cards, but methinks that I'll still get the dreaded denials.

Util is still too high.  (overall util = 56.42%)

I think that 2013 would be best spent reducing our revolving debt, and NOT applying for any new trade lines.

App free for 2013.  Two days down, 363 to go.  Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 80 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.