Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

Still gardening!  21more days til I upgrade my spade to silver!

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 81 of 362
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

Hi folks!

I'd love to start gardening, but can you lock me in?  I tend to escape.  Maybe we need inpatient lock-down for cardaholics.  

@McArthur wrote:

Hi folks!

I'd love to start gardening, but can you lock me in?  I tend to escape.  Maybe we need inpatient lock-down for cardaholics.  

My first gardening session lasted all of 4 days I think. It is really hard to do. 

It's all the success stories on this forum. I swear, living vicariously through everyone else's posts has not worked for me. LOL I get the app itch as soon as I see someone with similar scores getting approved. It's my weakness. This time I'm trying to be good.

OK, for an (almost) nominal fee, I am willing to post stories to counteract.  As a sample: 

"My scores 845 (EX), 836( TU) 847 (EU), AAoA 27 years, income $500K, no baddies ever.   I applied for [your target card here], IMMEDIATE rejection.  I called the backdoor number, the rep laughed at me, put me on speaker and said "Hey everyone, listen to this loser" and then they closed all the cards I had with them and called every other issuer to do the same".

Does that help?

Message 82 of 362
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

Guys I am back!!!  Happy new years to all!

Approved for PRG this morning Smiley Happy  The two inquiries dropped my FAKO score by 5 points on Credit Secure

Goal is to garden for 1 year and reduce installment debt Smiley Happy

Congrats -- I'm so happy for you... and welcome back! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 83 of 362
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

Hi folks!

@McArthur wrote:

Hi folks!

My first gardening session lasted all of 4 days I think. It is really hard to do. 

It's all the success stories on this forum. I swear, living vicariously through everyone else's posts has not worked for me. LOL I get the app itch as soon as I see someone with similar scores getting approved. It's my weakness. This time I'm trying to be good.

OK, for an (almost) nominal fee, I am willing to post stories to counteract.  As a sample: 

"My scores 845 (EX), 836( TU) 847 (EU), AAoA 27 years, income $500K, no baddies ever.   I applied for [your target card here], IMMEDIATE rejection.  I called the backdoor number, the rep laughed at me, put me on speaker and said "Hey everyone, listen to this loser" and then they closed all the cards I had with them and called every other issuer to do the same".

Does that help?

NO!

....and now I have to figure out how to clean my keyboard....

lololol!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 84 of 362
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Haha! That would mean they are looking for subprime. Which means i have a shot. Lol.
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 85 of 362
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Sweets8E wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

Hi folks!

@McArthur wrote:

Hi folks!

That's why I think it's so helpful to establish goals. Last year, when I was waiting to app for the cards I wanted, I remained focused on them and on what I needed to do to stand a chance of getting approved for them. I was happy for everyone else's approvals, but I reminded myself that I had my own goals that were separate and distinct from others, and that helped me to keep from wandering off. And remember, getting approved for a particular card is not all about scores. You need to look at your overall situation and then decide when would be the best time to apply. Once you've figured out what you need to do to maximize your chances of getting what you want, stay focused and wait until the time is right.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 86 of 362
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@staifokuzed wrote:
Haha! That would mean they are looking for subprime. Which means i have a shot. Lol.

OK, to cover that side:

"My scores are in the mid 500's to 630's.  One BK discharged 2005, a few 90 day lates, most recent Oct 2011, and one charge off ($540) from March 2012.  I just have one store card (CL 300).  So I applied for [your card here] to try to increase my credit score.   As I filled in the form, before I could press submit, I got a call from the bank.  They were very abusive saying "We don't want scum like you to get your filthy hands on our beautiful card.  Don't even think of it or we will break your legs and kill your family.  You have been warned"   Next day, my house burned down.  YMMV"

Friends don't let friends app.

Message 87 of 362
MrSwiss
Valued Member

Hitting the garden. I had Zero Revolving since BK 5/2011. Just now getting back at it..  Did get a  First Premier (Approved unsecured ), Discover (Approved unsecured ), Capitol one(?) last two days so history will be getting better after short dip for the new cards most likely.Smiley Happy Two out four apps maybe 3?  Fico 642 12/2012

Swiss

Starting Score:EQ-642 --TU-632-- EX-?
Current Score:EQ-660 MyFico-- TU- 647 MyFico-- EX- 674 Quizzle
Goal Score:700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU vsig $14k -- NFCU PLat MC $14k - NAVChek $7.5K -- NFCU PLAT Visa $14k -Cap1 $1.5k--AMZ $700- Lowes $500- WALMART-$400
Message 88 of 362
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Very well put. Now that you put it that way. I will have no choice but to not app and stay focused. Thank you tin and BS for your well worded input. IM sure ur words of wisdow will help prevent the ( myself) from apping.

Let it grow let it grow let it grow.
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 89 of 362
sccredit
Valued Contributor

2012 was a very good year credit wise.  Bought a beautiful home in SOuthern California, went from $4,400 in credit lines to almost $85,000.  This year the I'll need to buy a new car but that is the only new credit planned for the year...ok, ok, maybe a couple new cards :-)

No apps since September, looking forward to hitting 6 months with no apps for any reason!

Message 90 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.