Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:
Haven't been on here for a while, but just passed 4 months app-free! Congrats to everyone else who had been staying strong!

My girlfriend has the opposite problem - 0 credit history. Maybe I can get my fix helping her build credit. Haha

HA HA!  Great idea.  I will work on DH's fico to sooth my itch.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 151 of 362
tcbofade
Super Contributor

January is ALWAYS hard for me...I want to apply for all of those "better" cards that I don't have.

Still no apps since August....

...yet...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 152 of 362
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@MsLadyRover wrote:

@ramblin_wreck08 wrote:
Haven't been on here for a while, but just passed 4 months app-free! Congrats to everyone else who had been staying strong!

My girlfriend has the opposite problem - 0 credit history. Maybe I can get my fix helping her build credit. Haha

HA HA!  Great idea.  I will work on DH's fico to sooth my itch.

I've done that, too!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 153 of 362
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

I'd love to start gardening, but can you lock me in?  I tend to escape.  Maybe we need inpatient lock-down for cardaholics.  

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

I'd love to start gardening, but can you lock me in?  I tend to escape.  Maybe we need inpatient lock-down for cardaholics.  

My first gardening session lasted all of 4 days I think. It is really hard to do. 

It's all the success stories on this forum. I swear, living vicariously through everyone else's posts has not worked for me. LOL I get the app itch as soon as I see someone with similar scores getting approved. It's my weakness. This time I'm trying to be good.

OK, for an (almost) nominal fee, I am willing to post stories to counteract.  As a sample: 

"My scores 845 (EX), 836( TU) 847 (EU), AAoA 27 years, income $500K, no baddies ever.   I applied for [your target card here], IMMEDIATE rejection.  I called the backdoor number, the rep laughed at me, put me on speaker and said "Hey everyone, listen to this loser" and then they closed all the cards I had with them and called every other issuer to do the same".

Does that help?

Oh god that's depressing. LOL I've settled down...

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Message 154 of 362
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi folks!

My first gardening session lasted all of 4 days I think. It is really hard to do. 

It's all the success stories on this forum. I swear, living vicariously through everyone else's posts has not worked for me. LOL I get the app itch as soon as I see someone with similar scores getting approved. It's my weakness. This time I'm trying to be good.

That's why I think it's so helpful to establish goals. Last year, when I was waiting to app for the cards I wanted, I remained focused on them and on what I needed to do to stand a chance of getting approved for them. I was happy for everyone else's approvals, but I reminded myself that I had my own goals that were separate and distinct from others, and that helped me to keep from wandering off. And remember, getting approved for a particular card is not all about scores. You need to look at your overall situation and then decide when would be the best time to apply. Once you've figured out what you need to do to maximize your chances of getting what you want, stay focused and wait until the time is right.

See that's why I like you Tinuviel! You always put stuff into perspective. I'm greatful for this monthly thread.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Message 155 of 362
BikerMama
Established Member

I've been gardening since March 2012 - although I didn't know that was the term for it until I joined myFICO. I'm so happy I've found this site, it has really helped me. I have learned so much from all of you. See you in the garden!

Starting Score: 747
Current Score: 797
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 156 of 362
ALLevesque
Established Member

Hello all, new here.
I ended 2012 with a mini- app spree, and a new auto loan haha!
Goal for 2013 is to garden all 12 months now that we have a brand new vehicle and plenty of new cards to round out my collection. I think with the apps and such my score dropped about 20 points but I'll know for sure once the car loan starts reporting.
Goals: 740+ scores across the board, and no new inqs.
Message 157 of 362
Blazesian
New Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Blazesian wrote:

Hello!

I will be gardening for a minimum of four months. That is until May 2, 2013, a couple of weeks before my little sister's graduation.

During this time I will attempt to bring my utilization rate down from 76% to 50% minimum. I will also attempt to pay my Discover

and Capital one CCs down to at least 50% and leave it that way.I'm aiming to get back into the 700 club, ASAP. I fell into a ditch,
endulged in the less-than circumstances and "opportunities" for more credit, and it's time for it to be over.

Wish me luck! <3

- Nia

Hey Blaze,

I sorta remember your circumstances from back in either May or June, what other cards besides the Discover and CC were you approved for?  Personally I think you're doing great, being unemployed is absolutely a reasonable circumstance for running up one's credit cards, and the resultant score drop does not last forever.   I think you'll be fine but good luck anyway Smiley Happy.

I was approved for another Capital One Card (the one with cash rewards) for $500, I have a Walmart CC for $300, and an Amazon CC for $400.

I know I'll be okay, but it bums me out that I finally hit 700 in August and a month later it was comepletely gone ):

Message 158 of 362
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Im so proud of myself! I just helped my mom with her application spree and got approved for 5 out of 6 and didnt get the itch to give in to myself after seeing all of her instant approvals!...Smiley Happy

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 159 of 362
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I just had an epiphany while giving a new User advice. I looked down at my siggy and realized that my wallet is super prime and doesn't need anything else at all ever again.... what a crazy feeling after being denied credit for years. Smiley Surprised I might need some CLI on discover and chase in the future but... the cards themselves will take of me for a super long time.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 160 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.