Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

Rtw

All you have to do is go to the first page of this thread and copy the seedling code. By highlighting and the right clicking copy then go to my settings on the top left and under my signature right click and paste at the top of the box. Click save and your golden..

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 191 of 362
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Happy Gardening everyone! 

I plan to stay app free for quite some time.

My Amex was the last card i app for, so i want to garden, garden, garden! (at least towards the end of the year)

I have no need for new cards but I would like the CSP in the future.

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 192 of 362
Blazesian
New Contributor

@DrivenDoctoress wrote:

Ayayaye, the itch is killing me! Just for curiosity I went and tried the "shopping cart trick" just to see if VS and Express would offer me a card as a test of my up and coming credit worthiness, lol. And both did! VS offered a 750 limit and *I WAS STRONG*. I didn't bite. Woo! 

I am also getting Blue Sky preselects from AMEX like every day in the mail, and the Discover More offers. I'm psyched because I've never gotten these before.

I am gardening right now even though I have the goal of slowly ditching my subprime crappy low limit credit cards for prime "grown up" cards. Even though my credit is pretty good now my income sucks (I'm a graduate student) and I'm also scared to take hits on my average age of accounts. I'm not sure when/if it's a good idea to leave the garden, but for now I'm digging my toes in the dirt and trying to stay!

The shopping cart trick was verrrrryyyyy tempting for me as well. No offers, though, thank God. lol

I'm not sure I would've been as strong as you haha

Message 193 of 362
GreatCreditFor2012
Contributor

Well ill be in the Garden a good 16 MONTHS Before I step out on my App Spree. Was supposed to open the gate and step out in March, but I'm just gonna stay locked up and just look after and tend to my Garden till July now. :/

Message 194 of 362
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I'm still in the midst of the NFCU BT section of my garden. Smiley Wink  The first 2 went through within just a few days, so that was exciting.  I have one CC that I will pay off the very last bit this week and it should report Th-Fri, so I'm interested to see if I get score bumpage.  I'd REALLY like to refi my car, so I'm holding off on updating to a spade in case I get a nice enough boost that I move ahead with that.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 195 of 362
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yay 5 months!
Message 196 of 362
rtw
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info creditnocash! Starting day 3 in the garden.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 197 of 362
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

I hope everyone enjoyed their New Years! I'm back in the garden after a quick CLI on my Freedom and will be here for quite some time until my inquiries fall off or at least are mostly 1 year or older. I believe this year I will worry mostly on increasing my current lines as I do like the cards I currently have. At some point... I may want to add a  Lowes card. I will be calculating if the 0% financing promos and/or the daily 5% would be worth adding it. Eventually I would like to work on a home so it might be benefitial to start letting it grow and stuff. In any case, my current cards: 

1) Discover More 

2) Capital One Journey 

3) Chase Freedom 

4) Citi Forward 

5) Citi Dividend 

Message 198 of 362
LesWH
Established Contributor

Stepped out of the garden for the last time til 2014!  I refinanced my Range Rover with PenFed at 1.49% today using the same HP from my application/cc/thrifty loc.  Since I'm going out of town on Friday, they are overnighting the paperwork and the check to me today.  I always thought they just paid off the current lender, but they said they are just sending me the check to pay them off. Woman Very Happy

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 199 of 362
olderwiser3
Established Member

I'll be tending my lone Barclay card for the next 6 months.

Message 200 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.