Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
rtw
Established Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

Day 12 in the garden!!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 261 of 362
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Tomorrow I can pick up my silver spade.  I am struggling because I really want to app for the new Discover, Amex, DCU and Chase Freedom.  All the recent approvals are so tempting and I am wrestling with waiting the full 6 mos since my last app spree (Sept/Oct 2012). 

I opened 5 new cards during that time period, my oldest account is 28.5 yrs ( paid mortgage/installment accounts); AAOA 7.85 yrs; util 26% ( still paying off Xmas) 2 cards reporting 0 balances; 2 baddies ( Dismissed Ch13 filed in 2005 on EQ only and 1 sm coll to fall off in March on  all 3 CRA) INQ- 6 EX, 8 TU, 6 EQ.

I know that all it can do is help my score- my util will probably lower, I will have more time with my current cards but I would like new cards for a planned trip to NY in mid March.  

So fellow gardener s- should I step out? Or stay until after my trip and then after I pay down my cards from my trip? Smiley Sad

Your AAoA is pretty good, as is the age of your oldest TL. It's the util that I'd be concerned about. With 5 new cards and 3 of them reporting balances, you're showing balances on more than 50% of your active TLs. And, your util is at 26%, which is not bad, but not ideal. So, is there any way that you can get any of this down by the middle to end of next month? Maybe pay off one of the cards? If so, you'd be in a stronger position to apply and still be able to get the new cards in time for your trip.

ETA: One more point to consider. You have a CA that's going to drop off in March. It's a shame that there isn't any way to predict the exact timing. When my last CA fell off, my scores shot up and approvals came my way. How far into March is your trip? If the CA falls off at the very beginning and you apped then, your chances of getting approved with a good starting CL would be all the bettter.

Either way, I hope you have a great trip. My DH and I went to NY last month and had a wonderful time. Smiley Happy

Thank you Tinuviel.  My util was over 60% due to a statement cut and I had balances on all cc's last month. Naturally, my score took a dive. I paid the largest balance down earlier this month and paid off the 2 cards. The cc reporting balances are my MC (had the large balance), WalMart ( $256/$1000) and a Nordstrom with $21.  I had just received a CLI on WalMart so I am not due for another one so soon.  In a few days I can ask for one on my MC ( I was told last month I had  to have it for at least 90 days)- that will hopefully help my util. 

I just double checked my reports and the CO is not showing on EQ- just that I'll advised Ch13 that was dismissed in 2005. My trip is planned for the 2nd week of March.  I  am afraid it will not have fallen off and updated by then. My EQ score was from my last app with Nordstrom in Nov and it was pretty close to my EX score I received 2 weeks earlier. I was thinking since I am a little over 700 on EX and TU- my EQ score is probably over 700 too.  By the way... I have tried 2x to get my scores here but I always get that code 360- and no I do not have any freezes on my bureaus. Tried when I first joined and again in December...it just doesn't like me for some reason. 

I would send a PM to Sarah, the site admin. She should be able to help you get that issue resolved.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 262 of 362
olderwiser3
Established Member

One full week down.  Don't see the need for any new credit for quite a while.

Message 263 of 362
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@tinuviel wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Tomorrow I can pick up my silver spade.  I am struggling because I really want to app for the new Discover, Amex, DCU and Chase Freedom.  All the recent approvals are so tempting and I am wrestling with waiting the full 6 mos since my last app spree (Sept/Oct 2012). 

I opened 5 new cards during that time period, my oldest account is 28.5 yrs ( paid mortgage/installment accounts); AAOA 7.85 yrs; util 26% ( still paying off Xmas) 2 cards reporting 0 balances; 2 baddies ( Dismissed Ch13 filed in 2005 on EQ only and 1 sm coll to fall off in March on  all 3 CRA) INQ- 6 EX, 8 TU, 6 EQ.

I know that all it can do is help my score- my util will probably lower, I will have more time with my current cards but I would like new cards for a planned trip to NY in mid March.  

So fellow gardener s- should I step out? Or stay until after my trip and then after I pay down my cards from my trip? Smiley Sad

Your AAoA is pretty good, as is the age of your oldest TL. It's the util that I'd be concerned about. With 5 new cards and 3 of them reporting balances, you're showing balances on more than 50% of your active TLs. And, your util is at 26%, which is not bad, but not ideal. So, is there any way that you can get any of this down by the middle to end of next month? Maybe pay off one of the cards? If so, you'd be in a stronger position to apply and still be able to get the new cards in time for your trip.

ETA: One more point to consider. You have a CA that's going to drop off in March. It's a shame that there isn't any way to predict the exact timing. When my last CA fell off, my scores shot up and approvals came my way. How far into March is your trip? If the CA falls off at the very beginning and you apped then, your chances of getting approved with a good starting CL would be all the bettter.

Either way, I hope you have a great trip. My DH and I went to NY last month and had a wonderful time. Smiley Happy

Thank you Tinuviel.  My util was over 60% due to a statement cut and I had balances on all cc's last month. Naturally, my score took a dive. I paid the largest balance down earlier this month and paid off the 2 cards. The cc reporting balances are my MC (had the large balance), WalMart ( $256/$1000) and a Nordstrom with $21.  I had just received a CLI on WalMart so I am not due for another one so soon.  In a few days I can ask for one on my MC ( I was told last month I had  to have it for at least 90 days)- that will hopefully help my util. 

I just double checked my reports and the CO is not showing on EQ- just that I'll advised Ch13 that was dismissed in 2005. My trip is planned for the 2nd week of March.  I  am afraid it will not have fallen off and updated by then. My EQ score was from my last app with Nordstrom in Nov and it was pretty close to my EX score I received 2 weeks earlier. I was thinking since I am a little over 700 on EX and TU- my EQ score is probably over 700 too.  By the way... I have tried 2x to get my scores here but I always get that code 360- and no I do not have any freezes on my bureaus. Tried when I first joined and again in December...it just doesn't like me for some reason. 

I would send a PM to Sarah, the site admin. She should be able to help you get that issue resolved.

Thanks, I just did...hopefully it can be fixed. 

Message 264 of 362
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Thank goodness for CLI requests by GE Bank. They definitely keep me in the garden. Whatever I can do for a better chance at getting a Discover or Chase.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 265 of 362
BellaBuckie
Established Member

Hello all.

Been lurking on here for awhile.Decided to go on app spree...Havent done that for about 4 to 5 years..my scores were all around  700 give or take, AOAA 6 +, No inquirys. 2 badys ..medical that total only 200 and are 5 years old now.....This is what i did...and now that all the fun and excitement are over ..OH MY what a happy ride i was on Smiley Happy..That felt sooo  good..lol while it lasted..not applying for anything major like a car or house anytime soon .NOW i have to see what kind of damage i have done Smiley Sad  ..once i got going i couldn't quit..did i mention fun ..

Juniper/Barclay..CLI from 3900 to 5000..had card sense 2008.. 11/12

Walmart to Discovery...CLI 4200 to 4500.  .11/12

Discover it ..5500   11/12

Lowes ..CLI  1200 to 5200   11/12

Capitol One Rebuilder card. limit was already to 3000...to rewards no AF ..still kept the same credit limit  1/13

Amazon.com store card..800 limit  11/12

VS store card ...750 limit    1/13

JCPstore card 150 limit   11/12

Chase amazon.com card 500 Limit  1/13

I know that appling for so many at one time was so very stupid..but i have never had this kind of oppertunity before...now i'm lowering my head a going into your garden to do quite abit of tending  ..ALOT of tending..i have a few lower limit cards i'm planning on dumping soon too ...sorry its long and winded

Staying in the garden.. at least till Dec 2013 ?
EQ/myfico/689,
TU/CK 687,Walmart 712
EX/CS 739
Message 266 of 362
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Well I am officially in the Garden Club...my last app was Jan 14, 2013 (Amex Green). Still waiting for a Chase Slate Mastercard.

My APP Spree started on 12-14 with Amex PRG (denied) EX showing FC, did GW ltr with Wells Fargo removed FC only showing 4 lates in 2011 during loan modification--recon 2x/waited 30 days and reapp for Green still denied (too many inquires now)! Oh well! 

BofA Sign Visa $5000

Discover IT $2500

Citi Forward $6000

BBVA Compass $15000 Smiley Tongue Highest CL!   (FICO TU - 781!) Jan 9...highest ever! 

Wells Fargo Home Rewards Visa $3000

Cap1 Venture -Denied (hip hip hoorah!) after reading the boards I'm glad they denied me...

Amex PRG and Green..denied (720 FICO (EX) Amex Denial Ltr 1-14-13).  Chase  (694 Experian 1-12-13)Denied too many inq's So far 5 out of 8! not too bad...UTIL 11.4% now...before I this forum..I only had about $24k in CL's w/ $6k bal...now over $55K!!

Total $31,500 new credit - 15 new inq's (dec & jan) - still no Amex, that's my goal card after i'm out of the Garden...let the seeding begin! 

My goals are to pay down $6k bal i'm carrying, doing a BT to my new BBVA Visa 0% thru 02/14. Lower my balance on 2 installments loans...and get ready for Amex Feb 2014....pif on all other cards..try and reach 800's...still working on GW letters to Wells Fargo to remove 4 baddies - only negs on report...i'm feeling real good about my credit and things are look good for the future....peace

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 267 of 362
BellaBuckie
Established Member

not sure what to say ...except congrats.. i'm gardening too ..ill loan you a good pair of gloves tho Smiley Happy

Staying in the garden.. at least till Dec 2013 ?
EQ/myfico/689,
TU/CK 687,Walmart 712
EX/CS 739
Message 268 of 362
creditballer
Regular Contributor

LOL! okay thanks...looking forward to planting some seeds on fertile ground...

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 269 of 362
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I feel like my zucchini just came in...called Lowe's for a CLI and went from $5K to $10K on a phone call and a soft pull!  Woo-hoo!!!  I was hoping to help my util as well as get the 5% discount on my new fence (then BT to 0% over at Navy...)  Gardening is hard work even beyond the siren call of the hard pull app, but, boy is it rewarding.  I will be interested to see what this does to my scores.

Now if my mortgage would start reporting...

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 270 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.