Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

@sccredit wrote:

2012 was a very good year credit wise.  Bought a beautiful home in SOuthern California, went from $4,400 in credit lines to almost $85,000.  This year the I'll need to buy a new car but that is the only new credit planned for the year...ok, ok, maybe a couple new cards :-)

No apps since September, looking forward to hitting 6 months with no apps for any reason!

Congrats on 2012 being a fruitful year!

I like your shiney silver, but gold will be even better!

Best of luck on your gardening goals.!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 91 of 362
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

3 days until my bronze spade. 

ive been put in my place by amex. 

apped bce and denied 

ex score given is 721. 

off to the garden until at least september when all my inq are over a year. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 92 of 362
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Just stepped out , To get  my new Amex Gold Delta SkyMiles Card  .........  I am back in the garden now Smiley Happy 

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 93 of 362
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

I'm still here hanging on in the New Year; still app free for over a year! 

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 94 of 362
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@digitaldiva wrote:

digitaldiva is a PRO gardener Smiley Happy

Grats on the hard work!

FICO 9:

Message 95 of 362
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

digitaldiva is a PRO gardener Smiley Happy

Grats on the hard work!

+1 Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 96 of 362
Blazesian
New Contributor

Hello!

I will be gardening for a minimum of four months. That is until May 2, 2013, a couple of weeks before my little sister's graduation.

During this time I will attempt to bring my utilization rate down from 76% to 50% minimum. I will also attempt to pay my Discover

and Capital one CCs down to at least 50% and leave it that way.I'm aiming to get back into the 700 club, ASAP. I fell into a ditch,
endulged in the less-than circumstances and "opportunities" for more credit, and it's time for it to be over.

Wish me luck! <3

- Nia

Message 97 of 362
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Blazesian wrote:

Hello!

I will be gardening for a minimum of four months. That is until May 2, 2013, a couple of weeks before my little sister's graduation.

During this time I will attempt to bring my utilization rate down from 76% to 50% minimum. I will also attempt to pay my Discover

and Capital one CCs down to at least 50% and leave it that way.I'm aiming to get back into the 700 club, ASAP. I fell into a ditch,
endulged in the less-than circumstances and "opportunities" for more credit, and it's time for it to be over.

Wish me luck! <3

- Nia

Hey Blaze,

I sorta remember your circumstances from back in either May or June, what other cards besides the Discover and CC were you approved for?  Personally I think you're doing great, being unemployed is absolutely a reasonable circumstance for running up one's credit cards, and the resultant score drop does not last forever.   I think you'll be fine but good luck anyway Smiley Happy.

        
Message 98 of 362
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck with your gardening goal Blazesian! May 2013 bring you much success!
FICO 9:

Message 99 of 362
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Well, 2012 was a truly challenging year.  I originally joined this site, as stated in previous post, in 2008 attempting to correct credit issues.  I hit the credit app bug quick and eventually found myself in the same predicament years later.  Last year, I had an epiphany to truly "get it together".  I have reviewed various post that state that you can do this on your own; however, I found great difficulty in doing so.  Therefore, in the last quarter of 2012 I acquired a credit repair service to assist.  Since that time they have been able to remove (7) Equifax, (0) Experian, and (11) Transition.  I decided that I need to also do my part and assist, so I logged back onto the myFICO to also aide in my credit advocacy.  It is important that if I work in tangent with the credit repair company I will begin to see swifter results.

In also reviewing my credit I have to now settle the debts for the "charge-offs".  I know that my days of burying are over and I have to face the music.  My UTI is extremely high (almost 85%) and I must tackle that immediately.   I first would like to obtain a secured USAA Amex for $1k.   Once I get this card I will only use that and put away the (4) cards I still have as active.

I started this race four years ago and did not finish; however, I am going to finish this time.  Once I get the USAA card I am staying in the garden until December 2013. I will see where I am and if I succeeded in decreasing my UTI to 0% and removing most of the baddies I will apply for 1 card as my Christmas present.

I am so ready to be able to answer my phone on a regular basis.   

(UPDATE)I have re-evaluated my post from 1/2/12 and made the decision to stay in the garden.  I have a lot of work ahead of my and I believe that the money I would put for a secured USAA card would assist my charge-off/collections if I paid them off or settle.  I think the excitement of seeing all these success stories has me at sorts. I know that this task is not easy and I must decrease my UTI and also reduce the baddies in order prime creditors to take me seriously.  
I know that by September 2013 there will be a change for me to apply for a REAL credit card and see seedlings sprout.   Until then I will continue to read on!!
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 100 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.