Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

Stepped out of the garden to get a Discover It and Target Red card so traded in my gold spade for the seedling.......no more apps for at least 6 months.

Message 111 of 362
LesWH
Established Contributor

I was only in the garden all of 1 day!! Stepped out for PenFed Cash Rewards!!  I'm happy to be back in the garden again with a shiny new seedling!!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 112 of 362
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Been gardening since 10/29. 

It's not easy, but it'll be rewarding in May when I go for Chase Freedom and *maybe* Amex Delta. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 113 of 362
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I'm in for January, at least.   After that,  I'll only step out for mortagage refi.

Message 114 of 362
desie25
Valued Member

I also need to garden and stop applying 

Starting Score: 522
Current Score: 625
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 115 of 362
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

The way the recognition level rules stand currently, yes it would, as it's a new tradeline that appears on your reports.

Admittedly, I feel ambivalent about this. An old, established AU account might actually help to further gardening goals, as the account is seasoned and could serve to boost AAoA -- and it doesn't require adding an inq to the reports. OTOH, if the AU account is recent, then it might bring down one's AAoA; case in point would be if I were to add myself as an AU on my DH's Lowe's account, which has been opened less than 3 years, while my AAoA is between 7-8 years.

I'm open to thoughts on this. If GC members have opinions pro or con on allowing AU accounts to be exempt from factoring into recognition levels, please feel free to share.

i too see your point.. 

we can not establish if it is a new au or not. 

i personally think it should kick you out of the garden because it's a new account TO YOU. 

if that's not the case i think we should amend this rule too only out of the garden if you take a hardpull. If you get a loc or new line that is only a soft pull it should be exempt. 

edited for grammer police Smiley Wink was on my iphone when i typed that. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 116 of 362
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

The way the recognition level rules stand currently, yes it would, as it's a new tradeline that appears on your reports.

Admittedly, I feel ambivalent about this. An old, established AU account might actually help to further gardening goals, as the account is seasoned and could serve to boost AAoA -- and it doesn't require adding an inq to the reports. OTOH, if the AU account is recent, then it might bring down one's AAoA; case in point would be if I were to add myself as an AU on my DH's Lowe's account, which has been opened less than 3 years, while my AAoA is between 7-8 years.

I'm open to thoughts on this. If GC members have opinions pro or con on allowing AU accounts to be exempt from factoring into recognition levels, please feel free to share.

i too see your point.. 

i personally think it should kick you out of the garden because it's a new account TOO YOU. 

if that's not the case i think we should amend this rule too only out of the garden if you take a hardpull. If you get a loc or new line that is only a soft pull it should be exempt. 

Grammar police:   To You ( not TOO YOU)

I agree, if inquiry from mortgage is out of the garden,  new AU should be  out of the garden. 

Message 117 of 362
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@creditnocash wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

i too see your point.. 

i personally think it should kick you out of the garden because it's a new account TOO YOU. 

Well, like I said, I'm ambivalent. But, I'm leaning towards your first point, ie: that it's a new account TO YOU. We had a bit of debate over making exceptions for certain HPs, and I really don't want to have to amend those guidelines any further.

Also, since I've been pondering this today, I've come to the conclusion that it would be difficult to amend the rules so as to distinguish between adding an old, well seasoned AU account and hopping onto a spouse's recently opened one. If we allow one member's AU account, but not another, then it raises issues of fairness. I'd rather not add anything to the rules that might engender resentment. After all, we're here to support each other, and I want to keep things friendly.

So... I think that we should stick with the rule that if it's a new TL on your report, then it's a new TL, and the current GC rules apply.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 118 of 362
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

So... I think that we should stick with the rule that if it's a new TL on your report, then it's a new TL, and the current GC rules apply.

I agree.  While it's easy to argue semantics and what is perfectly "fair", I think the general point of the Gardening Club involves NOT opening (or joining) new (even just "new to you") tradelines.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 119 of 362
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Ok, gardening fail. I lasted 9 days, stepped out to get the Barclays NFL Card & added my first year college student son as an AU, stepped back in.

Will go hide in the corner now  Smiley Sad

Message 120 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.