Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

tag
Springer
New Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

My patience is being tested...and I'm just a seedling!! AHHHH BE STRRRRONNNNGGGGG lmao

In The Garden Since 1/5/13

Starting Score: EQ FICO 627 CK 633 CS 630 (12/2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO-584: EX FICO (BofA, 12/17/2012): 538 :CK 578 :CS 630
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 251 of 362
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Springer wrote:

My patience is being tested...and I'm just a seedling!! AHHHH BE STRRRRONNNNGGGGG lmao

lol its tough at first but once you lay off you can stay off. 

after you see the effects of gardening you can learn to only apply when needed. 

since im at such a young age(21) my aaoa is my biggest problem right now. 

time is the only thing that will heal that and i just cant wait lol. 

longest ive been was just over 3 months(since i found out what gardening was). but i did go a year. 2010-2011 with no accepted apps lol. before that 0-18 years with 0 apps doubt ill ever get that high. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 252 of 362
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Tomorrow I can pick up my silver spade.  I am struggling because I really want to app for the new Discover, Amex, DCU and Chase Freedom.  All the recent approvals are so tempting and I am wrestling with waiting the full 6 mos since my last app spree (Sept/Oct 2012). 

I opened 5 new cards during that time period, my oldest account is 28.5 yrs ( paid mortgage/installment accounts); AAOA 7.85 yrs; util 26% ( still paying off Xmas) 2 cards reporting 0 balances; 2 baddies ( Dismissed Ch13 filed in 2005 on EQ only and 1 sm coll to fall off in March on  all 3 CRA) INQ- 6 EX, 8 TU, 6 EQ.

I know that all it can do is help my score- my util will probably lower, I will have more time with my current cards but I would like new cards for a planned trip to NY in mid March.  

So fellow gardener s- should I step out? Or stay until after my trip and then after I pay down my cards from my trip? Smiley Sad

Message 253 of 362
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Still gardening but I got my "new" BCE with my Member Since date now 2008 instead of 2012 even though I've been a member since 2012 and was only an authorized user in 2011.

Thank you AMEX.

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 254 of 362
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Still gardening and even sock-drawered cards. Only carrying one card now.

Once they're paid the heck off it'll be time to prune. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 255 of 362
mistabgeez
New Contributor

Hey guys, just checking in. Picked up a USAA Rewards card last month and my bronze spade this month. Just checked Discover and they gave me another $750 auto CLI so my new CL is $3,500. Nice.

I'm content for now. Going to pay down some balances and wait for time to pass to request SP CLI's on AMEX and Walmart in a few months. Hopefully my Citi Forward will be upgraded to Visa Signature (fingers crossed). I'm posted up with a tasty beverage. Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCE $15,500 Citi Double Cash $8,700 USAA $6,000
Chase Freedom $2,500 Discover It $10,600
M & T Visa $2,500 CU Visa $10,000, BOAmericard $7,500
Message 256 of 362
Cageym
Established Contributor

Still hanging out, but the gears in my head are always turning. I'll buy a new truck when I'm back in the states this summer so I'm looking at reviews and prices online, NFCU has an auto buying service that looks pretty good. I got a new BCE right before I came into the garden but my last CLI was at the end of November on my Delta Gold. I want more on my BCE but I'll probably ask for a 3x on my Delta and wait for the counter. Then I can move some of the CL to the BCE and that should make it high enough for me. I also got the Citi Simpliciti right before gardening but that's at $4200, I'll wait on that one. No hurry, no worries!

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 257 of 362
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@MsLadyRover wrote:

Just wanted to take a moment and say hello to all my fellow gardeners.

I've been feeling the itch lately but I have continued to stay strong on my journey to a gold spade.

The itch is so bad that last night I dreamed that I applied for and was approved for the AMEX Delta. I woke up this morning confused asking myself did I apply last night? LOL!

I'm going to stay focused on my journey and just live vicariously through the approvals of other myfico members.

Have a great day!

Congrats on exercising your willpower! Stay focused on your goal and know that there are others here to support you on your journey. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much tinuveil.  It's this type of support that keeps me holding on!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 258 of 362
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

Tomorrow I can pick up my silver spade.  I am struggling because I really want to app for the new Discover, Amex, DCU and Chase Freedom.  All the recent approvals are so tempting and I am wrestling with waiting the full 6 mos since my last app spree (Sept/Oct 2012). 

I opened 5 new cards during that time period, my oldest account is 28.5 yrs ( paid mortgage/installment accounts); AAOA 7.85 yrs; util 26% ( still paying off Xmas) 2 cards reporting 0 balances; 2 baddies ( Dismissed Ch13 filed in 2005 on EQ only and 1 sm coll to fall off in March on  all 3 CRA) INQ- 6 EX, 8 TU, 6 EQ.

I know that all it can do is help my score- my util will probably lower, I will have more time with my current cards but I would like new cards for a planned trip to NY in mid March.  

So fellow gardener s- should I step out? Or stay until after my trip and then after I pay down my cards from my trip? Smiley Sad

Your AAoA is pretty good, as is the age of your oldest TL. It's the util that I'd be concerned about. With 5 new cards and 3 of them reporting balances, you're showing balances on more than 50% of your active TLs. And, your util is at 26%, which is not bad, but not ideal. So, is there any way that you can get any of this down by the middle to end of next month? Maybe pay off one of the cards? If so, you'd be in a stronger position to apply and still be able to get the new cards in time for your trip.

ETA: One more point to consider. You have a CA that's going to drop off in March. It's a shame that there isn't any way to predict the exact timing. When my last CA fell off, my scores shot up and approvals came my way. How far into March is your trip? If the CA falls off at the very beginning and you apped then, your chances of getting approved with a good starting CL would be all the bettter.

Either way, I hope you have a great trip. My DH and I went to NY last month and had a wonderful time. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 259 of 362
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@tinuviel wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Your AAoA is pretty good, as is the age of your oldest TL. It's the util that I'd be concerned about. With 5 new cards and 3 of them reporting balances, you're showing balances on more than 50% of your active TLs. And, your util is at 26%, which is not bad, but not ideal. So, is there any way that you can get any of this down by the middle to end of next month? Maybe pay off one of the cards? If so, you'd be in a stronger position to apply and still be able to get the new cards in time for your trip.

ETA: One more point to consider. You have a CA that's going to drop off in March. It's a shame that there isn't any way to predict the exact timing. When my last CA fell off, my scores shot up and approvals came my way. How far into March is your trip? If the CA falls off at the very beginning and you apped then, your chances of getting approved with a good starting CL would be all the bettter.

Either way, I hope you have a great trip. My DH and I went to NY last month and had a wonderful time. Smiley Happy

Thank you Tinuviel.  My util was over 60% due to a statement cut and I had balances on all cc's last month. Naturally, my score took a dive. I paid the largest balance down earlier this month and paid off the 2 cards. The cc reporting balances are my MC (had the large balance), WalMart ( $256/$1000) and a Nordstrom with $21.  I had just received a CLI on WalMart so I am not due for another one so soon.  In a few days I can ask for one on my MC ( I was told last month I had  to have it for at least 90 days)- that will hopefully help my util. 

I just double checked my reports and the CO is not showing on EQ- just that I'll advised Ch13 that was dismissed in 2005. My trip is planned for the 2nd week of March.  I  am afraid it will not have fallen off and updated by then. My EQ score was from my last app with Nordstrom in Nov and it was pretty close to my EX score I received 2 weeks earlier. I was thinking since I am a little over 700 on EX and TU- my EQ score is probably over 700 too.  By the way... I have tried 2x to get my scores here but I always get that code 360- and no I do not have any freezes on my bureaus. Tried when I first joined and again in December...it just doesn't like me for some reason. 

Message 260 of 362
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.