Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - January 2014

tag
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2014

@ayles wrote:
Just doing a quick update and heading to bed as it's 230.

We have bible study Friday night's and do fellowship afterwards, well tonight we decided to watch a movie and didn't get home until 130 :X But it helped this day go by as I was really depressed about not getting my bronze spade today. My new date for getting it unless the hp gets removed as a result of my gw letter is 2/21 so y'all are going to have to carry me through now and then!

@I did catch up on all the posts *phew* looks like there was a lot going on tonight so can't comment on everything but glad to hear you're doing better @Anonymous; it was nice to see you @Anonymous and I'm sad I missed the cocoa; my dear friend @Anonymous you are a great help and I treasure your humor ps leave cold alone!!!; it was nice to see you post more @Cold I pray warmth comes your way soon ps leave Wade alone!!!!!; Hope you're feeling better @Yude; good question @MJ which everyone pretty much answered however my short answer to add to what's been said already is when the risk far outweighs the benefit of using credit; congrats on 2 days @Pupe; hugs @notfancy you'll get the util down in no time; watch the sno@w @longtime it's headed our way tonight :-); welcome newcomers and returning gardeners; sorry to all I missed!!!

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. I know I will, and I have a plan for it. Smiley Happy It goes hand in hand with the Friday topic in a way.  I also need to work on my budget a little better and tighten some strings apparently! Smiley Frustrated

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 8121 of 8,129
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

Work was a killer this week... I'm happy I survived, LOL....

Gardening News......

I'm about a week away from my FIRST spade (SO EXCITED!!!)

I'm trying not to loose sight of my long term goals (financial freedom, homeownership, etc)

I'm still VERY new at the credit stage (as most of you know most of my revolving accts are only a couple months old)

Score has taken a bit of a hit in the last two weeks due to the new accounts hitting my report... I'm looking forward to being back over 700 with an EOY goal of 740+

I am hoping for homeownership this summer... Right now that is #1 in the priority list..  I did run up a bit of UTIL between the Holidays, having new credit and being very sick and using it for medical bills, pharmacy and some extra housekeeping so I didn't loose my mind.  MOST of that will be paid of by mid March.

Over lunch the BF dropped a bit of a bombshell over lunch.  He just asked me my general feeling on bankruptcy...  I told him I wasn't that knowledgeable about the ins and outs, but it's not something I would use to judge someone's character.  Sometimes people do make mistakes or end up in a bad situation and need a fresh start.  As far as if it's the right decision, what protection it affords, etc he/we would need to consult with an attorney...  Now I KNEW he had some back taxes including leins that he's been paying, in fact over half his monthly income goes to back taxes.  I found out that it's 6 figures.  I'm just sort of in shock.  These are back taxes from many many many moons ago.  We've seeing each other for over 3 years and I knew that there were some back taxes from the start but I'm just starting to see the big picture for him.  I'm even more worried because he said he never worried about how much he owed because one of his friends has owed over $500k for years.

It has me a bit unsettled. 

Hurray! Counting down the week then!

Sorry to hear about the financial bombshell. I hope you guys were not planning to buy the home together. If you are looking to have him in your long term future and it looks like you are, then I guess it is time for the "credit talk" if he's going to see an attorney about his finances, it's a good time to see what his credit report looks like.  Every one has problems and makes mistakes, but it would be good to know how he  is handling his finances now in the present... It seems like he's been doing the best he can to keep up with the taxes, but I hope he's on top of his other credit obligations as well. Best wishes to you both, and I hope you find a solution you both can be at peace with.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Message 8122 of 8,129
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

Good night Wade and GC!  I think I need some sleep to recover from this week, LOL!!!!

I swear... Just as I FINALLY get the kids to straighten up and fly right the BF comes through and throws me a curve ball... Well it's his curve ball really not mine, but it does really affect any possibilities of a deeper future together.  I'm not angry or frustrated I can't even say I was blind sided, I've known there were tax issues and never dived into the particulars..

The one thing I am VERY mad at him for was the last hard pull / credit account!!  I pulled the SWA Visa for the free tickets for a couple of upcoming trips he wants to take...  Who the heck makes vacation plans if they are considering filing for BK????  Where is the financial responsibility in that?!?  He still wants to take the trips, I said either way heck no.  I want us both to think long and hard about standards of living and what's affordable Smiley Happy

I don't blame you for being mad. I'm very much in agreement about the vacation! I hope you two can work this out.

Message 8123 of 8,129
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Good Morning, GC! Checking in for February!

Message 8124 of 8,129
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

Smiley Happy Good morning fancy! 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8125 of 8,129
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

Morning, Cold! Day 2 of temps ABOVE freezing here! I don't know how to handle it! It is actually going to get up to almost 40 whole degrees! Hope you're staying warm and cozy!

Message 8126 of 8,129
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

Morning, Cold! Day 2 of temps ABOVE freezing here! I don't know how to handle it! It is actually going to get up to almost 40 whole degrees! Hope you're staying warm and cozy!

+9 F right now! Cold front moving in! Smiley Sad

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8127 of 8,129
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Hello and good morning All ! I am new to this but have been doing a lot of reading on the forums under the radar. I decided to join because within the last year I've decided to take back control of my life and get back on track ! I'm also here because I have gotten addicted to App'n and need to fix my addiction. 

Message 8128 of 8,129
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Good morning, everyone!

The new thread for February is up, so I'm closing out this one. See everyone on the new thread.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8129 of 8,129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.