Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - July 2012

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2012

@FREEMASON8040 wrote:

First time in the garden.

Well i have two capital one card (cash reward and secured)

With the advice of many im going to garden take some negatives off and pay some collections.

But should i get another anouther secured card with my credit union (MCU) and i will graduate after a year.

And no credit check so no hard pull.

Greetings FREEMASON!

That would probably be a good idea.  Not sure how long your history is with your CU, but i have found that CU's are great!  They are more forgiving of past baddies, and their rates are much more attractive than any banks offer...especially for those in the repair phase of their credit.  I have Navy Federal and after about 18 mos with them, I also got a great rate on a truck loan.  It was impossible going to get fire wood in a convertible with a trunk the size of a pea pod!

Who are your collections with?  Some are very GW friendly!  Smiley Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 181 of 450
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Well I did not last long this first try in the garden! However, I discovered that I was eligible for membership with NFCU so I Went ahead and joined! I have heard so many great things about them that I had to join! But I am going to try this again!! Day 1...and counting!
Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 182 of 450
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Good afternoon, boys and girls.

Day 36 in the garden...no preapprovals in todays mail.  Smiley Tongue

I did the permanent "opt out" thing.  I didn't even want outsiders doing soft inq's on me!!  That ended all the pre approvals coming to the mailbox too.  Once I learned how to find the right cards here...then I chose where to app and who saw what.

For anyone interested: The online form works for 5 years...the mail in one is permanent. https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Message 183 of 450
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Frankly, I'm not a bit interested in opting out...

I'm stuck in sub prime ville and am trying to exercise some self restraint and patience...(no inq's...) waiting for pre approvals to arrive.

In truckloads.

Smiley Tongue

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 184 of 450
FREEMASON8040
Valued Member

Well collections is NCA which was hsbc bestbuy.

Hsbc deleted the charge off.

Capital One collection unpaid judgement going to pay it in the fall.

Im going to take the secured card with the credit union (mcu) next month build a relationship with them. There secured card is 11% compared to 23% with capital one.

But I,m not going to close my capital one dont want to hurt my util. 

Message 185 of 450
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I don't like this regular shovel.........

Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 186 of 450
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@FREEMASON8040 wrote:

Well collections is NCA which was hsbc bestbuy.

Hsbc deleted the charge off.

Capital One collection unpaid judgement going to pay it in the fall.

Im going to take the secured card with the credit union (mcu) next month build a relationship with them. There secured card is 11% compared to 23% with capital one.

But I,m not going to close my capital one dont want to hurt my util. 

Is this the same card?  Usually when they go to collections they have already changed the status to CO.  My Cap 1 card was CO'd & closed, but I paid them in full & they dropped it off my reports almost 1 year early!

Message 187 of 450
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I don't like this regular shovel.........

Smiley Mad

I hear ya....mine is Brown.  I don't believe that is even an official "Garden Club" color Smiley Sad

Message 188 of 450
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Is getting in with Chase too much now that i've gotten in with PSECU? I think it's a bit much but it's a want i've been wanting for awhile Smiley Happy

If I do go for it, possible AA??

Help me out guys, no matter what after today i'm in the garden for a minimum year or longer.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 189 of 450
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

Is getting in with Chase too much now that i've gotten in with PSECU? I think it's a bit much but it's a want i've been wanting for awhile Smiley Happy

If I do go for it, possible AA??

Help me out guys, no matter what after today i'm in the garden for a minimum year or longer.

LS, wait at least until your shiny new PSECU card is solidly on your CRs displaying that awesome credit limit for at least 6 months so that Chase won't give you a toy limit.  You want Chase to out-do PSECU, not Barclays!  

Message 190 of 450
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.