Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

I have the itch to app. I don't even believe in excessive credit cards so that is out of the question. I need help to stay in the garden until it's time for CLI's. Smiley Happy Thanks

Just so you know, the fence has been charged and the gators haven't been fed all day.Smiley Wink

Many thanks to you and Lexie! Idk, I'm a Louisiana girl. Gators might not scare me haha

Hmmm, in that case, does this work?

Message 71 of 2,774
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Checking in a day early, sitting quietly in a corner of the garden snacking on the mini-quiches-uberalis that Tinu graciously provides every month.

My scotch stash is diminishing, the Highland Park 40 from last month was tempting but likewise have to stay on the straight and narrow financially in addition to my credit report for any hope of qualifying for a mortgage at this rate.   Starting to think I need to to change my plan as obtaining a decent house in a good school district is rapidly moving out of my reach, and two incomes may be the only way to achieve it.  Sigh, dating is impossible with my current job, may re-evaluate that in mid-September.

In any event, the gardening goals are still the same for the moment:

- Mortgage qualification next sping

- Everything else after that, probably a CSP app or if I do get the house or a hotel card (SPG likely) if I get stuck with a bunch of domestic travel next year, a 0% promotional offer from Lowes or Home Depot potentially, maybe Fidelity Amex, and a high CL, low rate card for balance carrying if ever required.  

- CLI chasing on the BCP and Wally cards.  BCP date is 10/1, Wally whenever I get 4 statements generated without a stupid auto-CLI in the middle of it.

Last application 1/15, gold spade 7/15 as a result.  Current plants in the garden:

BOFA 1-2-3 Travel Rewards (nee BOFA secured, getting dropped short of AF airstrike if I get CSP, I do near zero business with BOFA anymore)

Cap 1 (nee Orchard, likely going away next year)

DCU Secured (expendable tradeline farm, at some point will want the deposit back)

Amex Zync (Unicorn!)

Amex BCP (nothing but goodness)

USAA (tradeline farm)

Freedom (other decent card)

Wally (CLI chasing and FICO score treats!)

Best of wishes to everyone else in sticking with their plans!

        
Message 72 of 2,774
Simply827
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Checking in a day early, sitting quietly in a corner of the garden snacking on the mini-quiches-uberalis that Tinu graciously provides every month.

My scotch stash is diminishing, the Highland Park 40 from last month was tempting but likewise have to stay on the straight and narrow financially in addition to my credit report for any hope of qualifying for a mortgage at this rate.   Starting to think I need to to change my plan as obtaining a decent house in a good school district is rapidly moving out of my reach, and two incomes may be the only way to achieve it.  Sigh, dating is impossible with my current job, may re-evaluate that in mid-September.

In any event, the gardening goals are still the same for the moment:

- Mortgage qualification next sping

- Everything else after that, probably a CSP app or if I do get the house or a hotel card (SPG likely) if I get stuck with a bunch of domestic travel next year, a 0% promotional offer from Lowes or Home Depot potentially, maybe Fidelity Amex, and a high CL, low rate card for balance carrying if ever required.  

- CLI chasing on the BCP and Wally cards.  BCP date is 10/1, Wally whenever I get 4 statements generated without a stupid auto-CLI in the middle of it.

Last application 1/15, gold spade 7/15 as a result.  Current plants in the garden:

BOFA 1-2-3 Travel Rewards (nee BOFA secured, getting dropped short of AF airstrike if I get CSP, I do near zero business with BOFA anymore)

Cap 1 (nee Orchard, likely going away next year)

DCU Secured (expendable tradeline farm, at some point will want the deposit back)

Amex Zync (Unicorn!)

Amex BCP (nothing but goodness)

USAA (tradeline farm)

Freedom (other decent card)

Wally (CLI chasing and FICO score treats!)

Best of wishes to everyone else in sticking with their plans!

Almost GOLDEN. Congrats!

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 73 of 2,774
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Just putting it out there. I was purchasing something from HSN (BoA had a deal where you buy something for $20+ with your BoA card and you get $10 cash back), and as I was registering for the website/checking out the screen said I was pre-approved for their credit card, I declined the offer and checked out with my BoA BBR card.

So you see, I do have restraint, lol. I thought about it for a split second before I said nope, not worth the inquiry and plus I have no need for any more available credit.

This is what progress looks like guys! Smiley Very Happy

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 74 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 75 of 2,774
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Pass the watermelon folks... it's getting warm outside!  Smiley Happy

I figure I should post now, before I get lost in the next 300 pages of this thread!  Smiley Embarassed

Still gardening, stll paying down the bills, still checking my credit records.  The name of the game is to keep plugging away and not get tempted to buy, spend or APP for something you don't really need anyway.  I'm looking forward to the next milestone - GOLD, some 7 weeks or so from now. 

I did get a bit of good news the other day - I checked my mortgage and saw that I had some extra unexpected money that had built up in property tax account.  To the tune of $1045!  The amount being syphoned off from my chequing to this property tax account are a few $ too much each month and slowly they accumulated.  It was assumed that my taxes would have risen much faster than they actually have.  I think its time to move that money over to pay down the principle of the mortgage.  This is like finding a $20 bill in the laundry... only better!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 76 of 2,774
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@Roarmeister wrote:

Pass the watermelon folks... it's getting warm outside!  Smiley Happy

I figure I should post now, before I get lost in the next 300 pages of this thread!  Smiley Embarassed

Still gardening, stll paying down the bills, still checking my credit records.  The name of the game is to keep plugging away and not get tempted to buy, spend or APP for something you don't really need anyway.  I'm looking forward to the next milestone - GOLD, some 7 weeks or so from now. 

I did get a bit of good news the other day - I checked my mortgage and saw that I had some extra unexpected money that had built up in property tax account.  To the tune of $1045!  The amount being syphoned off from my chequing to this property tax account are a few $ too much each month and slowly they accumulated.  It was assumed that my taxes would have risen much faster than they actually have.  I think its time to move that money over to pay down the principle of the mortgage.  This is like finding a $20 bill in the laundry... only better!  Smiley Happy

Awesome!!!!

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 77 of 2,774
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@hutchj

Good for you!

Edit: stupid iPhone 5!

LOL. Thanks! I think it's just a matter of thinking things through. And the cards that I app'd for in June were cards that I did want. Now I just need to think about if I want to PC to CSP from CS. But there's no rush on that b/c I can't do that until Sept when my CS is 1 year old.

Message 78 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Roarmeister

Woohoo! I like unexpected windfalls. Thanks for checking in and congrats on your upcoming gold spade!
Message 79 of 2,774
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

@Kutuzov wrote:

@knoregs wrote:

@Kutuzov wrote:

@knoregs wrote:

Stay in the louge do not cross the line!!! I got a bat for apping!!!

~kn

hahahahahahaha!

I saved a copy for my future reference... this was just too funy!

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 80 of 2,774
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.