tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

@enxinas wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

Dear Lexie, Myjourney and to those who helped me out,

Thanky you for your support and advices, and I know you guys will not like this but.... I jumped the fence applied for CSP just now annddddd.. I was approved with a 5k limit!

Woot Woott!! I'm officially done with the app spree, and I will be aiming of a platinum (or diamond) spade starting today.

Since you were approve and not because you jumped the fence Lol

Congrats WTG

now get back in the garden!

Yep I sure am. But the question now is, is it better for me to garden for a year or more? As I mentioned earlier, I got my dream cards now, and I don't plan to do an app spree, unless I really have to (I doubt.. I'm almost 1:1 on my credit:income ratio).

Your time to garden is now and in your heart I think you know it....You had a great run of good cards and limits now grow them wellSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 251 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jayrock24 wrote:

well let me start by saying i havent appd since febuary and it feels good but i will be trying for a mortgage later on this week so im assuming i cant join the garden but my scores are 770 tu 748 eq and 698 ex  last app was chase freedom 500 cl 0% for 15 months

You can join now or after the mortgage app the garden gates are always open to anyone at anytimeSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 252 of 2,774
mondlight
Established Member

Checking in for my first month in the garden club! Had two successful apps after not applying for credit in over 5 years, and now I'm ready to let those TLs grow. Plan on gardening for 6-12 months. Cat Happy

Starting Score: 693 (EQ myFICO), 667 (Credit Karma), 722 (Credit Sesame) as of 6/17/2013
Current Score: 700 (EQ myFICO), 671 (Credit Karma), 722 (Credit Sesame) as of 6/28/2013
Goal Score: 750+

Gardening until 1/1/2014 or later!

VentureOne $5500 // Discover It $1500 // Amazon Store $1800
Message 253 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 254 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mondlight wrote:

Checking in for my first month in the garden club! Had two successful apps after not applying for credit in over 5 years, and now I'm ready to let those TLs grow. Plan on gardening for 6-12 months. Cat Happy

Welcome to the garden glad to have you join this merry group of happy gardenersSmiley Wink

Grab some gloves and a watering can. Plant your seedlings deep and watch them grow.

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 255 of 2,774
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@tinuviel wrote:

I think that sticking with your plan is a good idea. You never know what might happen between now and spring; something might turn up on the market that is perfect for you and in your price range. Staying the course means that you'll be in great shape should something come your way.

All in all, your garden looks great. Glad to see you sitting back and enjoying the mini-quiches. Smiley Happy

Heh, was out throwing back beers with my VP the other day, and he offered simply letting me move anywhere I wanted in the country if I came out one week a month.

If both housing prices and rates continue to climb here in Los Angeles, I may have to look into it.  Feels like I'd reset the clock on any sort of social engagement I have established here, but when the reasonable houses in good school districts are going for 900K+, I just don't see it on my income anymore.  800K last year was doable, but my credit wasn't set for it and my elephant is still unresolved.  

It's not lost on me that in another six months I could move back to places I like in Texas and pickup a house twice the size without breaking a sweat (and schools on par with the best district here).   Meh, have to start a life (read: family) somewhere.  Guess that indecision is useful for keeping me in the garden moreso than anything else, when I have to make a decision regarding buying a house, I'm going to have to be in the best position possible to move quickly... which mandates as pretty a report as possible.

        
Message 256 of 2,774
mlanca83
New Contributor

I am joining the garden,finally! No apps for me for at least a year. I have had a long two years of building in order to get cards worth having. now its time for them to grow baby grow. I would love to get to 740. I'm at about 691-698 now depending on which report you check and how the moon and stars are aligned. Totally doable!

Starting Score:550
Current Score: 683 EQ 680 TU
GoalScore 720
Message 257 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Revelate

That's an awesome offer. I understand your concerns regarding our housing costs. I am originally from the Bay Area and I still can't understand those prices. Born and raised in Ca, it would be hard for me to leave but plenty of my family and friends have left. Their homes are palatial compared to mine.

I guess this is the best place for you until you decide -stay or go. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.
Message 258 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mlanca83 wrote:
I am joining the garden,finally! No apps for me for at least a year. I have had a long two years of building in order to get cards worth having. now its time for them to grow baby grow. I would love to get to 740. I'm at about 691-698 now depending on which report you check and how the moon and stars are aligned. Totally doable!

Welcome to the garden everything you mentioned can be done with a plan and commitment to gardening Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 259 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

The long travel day and extra long hours today have caught up with me. 

So I'm dead on my feet and calling it a day ...yeah I know way early for me Lol

Be strong, app free and stick to your plans.

BTW and for those of you on the fence...GET DOWN THE GATORS ARE OUT AND ERT's ARE WATCHING AND HOPING TO TEST THE NEW TASERSSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 260 of 2,774
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.