Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

tag
SemperGumby
Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

Thankfully I can get a VA loan.  $0 down, no PMI.  Right now VA score requirements are 620, but I want to be higher than that.

It's funny as a single guy I don't need the square footage of a house, but it's as good of a time as any to buy.

@myjourney wrote:

I'm a Floridan myself South Florida and correct buyers market after the crash...so go get that new homeSmiley Wink

Message 1161 of 2,774
SemperGumby
Contributor

pay down that balance.  That's crummy timing.
@knoregs wrote:

Dang... Cap1 stuck me with annual fee the same day statement cut. Gonna cost me a few points.

~kn

Message 1162 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SemperGumby wrote:

Thankfully I can get a VA loan.  $0 down, no PMI.  Right now VA score requirements are 620, but I want to be higher than that.

It's funny as a single guy I don't need the square footage of a house, but it's as good of a time as any to buy.

@myjourney wrote:

I'm a Floridan myself South Florida and correct buyers market after the crash...so go get that new homeSmiley Wink

The longer you garden the better your scores so pull up a chair, grab a drink and plant your seedlings deep

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1163 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

After seeing my TU score, I called Credit Solutions for my PayPal MC. Even though I just got a CLI in May, I went for it and all I could pull out of my mouth was $8000- I knew I should have said $10,000 but it was caught in my throat.

To my surprise, they said yes...I'll call back in a month and ask for $12k!
Message 1164 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
After seeing my TU score, I called Credit Solutions for my PayPal MC. Even though I just got a CLI in May, I went for it and all I could pull out of my mouth was $8000- I knew I should have said $10,000 but it was caught in my throat.

WTG 

I'm so happy and proud of you Smiley Wink

Time to dance Wooo Hooo

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1165 of 2,774
SemperGumby
Contributor

As one of my friends put if, I can get tunnel vision when I have a goal to focus on.  I'm curious how much I can get my scores up after paying down my credit cards to under 10% util.  right now they are at 95%.

Message 1166 of 2,774
knoregs
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 1167 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@myjourney

Thanks! I guess I should have said, since my TU score was so low, I wanted to sink lower into my CS depression...actually turned out pretty good!
Message 1168 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mytime321

You could use the score simulator but I can tell you that you would see a significant increase if you lowered your util.
Message 1169 of 2,774
SemperGumby
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Great limit increase.

Message 1170 of 2,774
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.