SemperGumby
Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

What's everyone opinion of score watch?

Message 1482 of 2,774
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Ahh, feeling good right now! Just got back from having a few drinks with my coworkers, and resisting the urge to "drap" for my Blue Sky Smiley Mad

Even when I'm completely sober I have to resist! Just...not...ready...yet!

Though my reports and scores wouldn't disqualify me at all, I'd rather wait for a good-looking report to hopefully get a good starting limit, even though there's always the 61 days. No immediate rush!

Cheers to paying down our cards, whether to get ourselves out of debt, or, like me, to create an ideal credit report and subsequent score!

Oh and now that it's monday on the east coast, 5 more days until I hit 5 months no apps!

Message 1483 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SemperGumby wrote:

What's everyone opinion of score watch?

Sorry I don't have it but im sure someone will help

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1484 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Ahh, feeling good right now! Just got back from having a few drinks with my coworkers, and resisting the urge to "drap" for my Blue Sky Smiley Mad

Even when I'm completely sober I have to resist! Just...not...ready...yet!

Though my reports and scores wouldn't disqualify me at all, I'd rather wait for a good-looking report to hopefully get a good starting limit, even though there's always the 61 days. No immediate rush!

Cheers to paying down our cards, whether to get ourselves out of debt, or, like me, to create an ideal credit report and subsequent score!

Oh and now that it's monday on the east coast, 5 more days until I hit 5 months no apps!

Looking GoodSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 1485 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 1486 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@daybreakgonesXe

I know how you feel! That BCP/BCE is whispering my name
Message 1487 of 2,774
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@enxinas

Why are you concerned about util if you are gardening?

Isn't it that we should keep our util below 10% even if we're gardening?

That's what I do. I think that the idea is that util is really only an issue if you're planning on apping for something. But the way I look at it is: a) I want to keep my util under control so that I don't overspend and b) creditors SP periodically and I want to look good in case I'm being considered for an auto CLI.

Now for case a) above, yes, I could wait until the statement closes and then PIF. But I figure since, with the exception of one card on which I'm paying off a balance for a large expense (dental work), all of my other charges are for normal day to day stuff. So, why not PIF before the statement cuts, since presumably I would have the funds on hand for those sorts of purchases?

My two cents, FWIW.

Same reasons here. I just want my CR to look "good" in case they SP me, and I guess I'm just overthinking this lol.

@Anonymous: ooohh ok.

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1488 of 2,774
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Checking in again, with no plans to app until December as well. Going to get my bronze spade as well and continue my gardening efforts in the mean time since there is no itch atm. Still wanting the Marriott Premier and BCE and might try for a third card but I shall see when the time comes to apply. But so far, smooth sailing Smiley Happy

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 1489 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 1490 of 2,774
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.