Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2013

@09Lexie wrote:
Happy Sunday GC!

Hopefully, everyone has behaved and are enjoying g their weekend!

Same to you Lexie

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2511 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SSA_2013 wrote:

Checking in for the day! I'll be stopping by at random today. 

Marked as in attendance Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2512 of 2,774
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Well, I am back in CA now from my fun trip in a uhaul across the continent.  Got back late Friday night.  Called Lindbergh's breeder to arrange pick up time and was told that he apparently looks to have some sort of hip problem that may require us to put him to sleep to spare him a life of excruciating pain.  They are doing xrays tomorrow and I will be there for those.  Its not really dysplasia but actually could be worse.  He has a hard time standing up from a laying position and he isn't running like he did just a couple weeks ago.

Since he is only just over 5 months old, he will put on another 100-150 lbs still and as he gets heavier, if this is indeed what the breeder suspects, his pain will go right through the roof.  

Goshdarnit!   Sorry mods but this really sucks.  Smiley Sad

We understand..   Smiley Happy

Shogun

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 2513 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Pilotdude

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about Lindbergh ! I'm praying that the breeder is wrong!
Message 2514 of 2,774
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Thanks.  I have all my fingers and toes crossed as well.  Since he is just a youngster, there is a reasonable possibility that he is going through an oddball growth cycle which will shake out in time. 

I will protect him from pain up until its clear there is nothing more that can be done to prevent it.  Surgery won't work as he is a giant breed dog and ortho procedures just seldom have good results with his breed, St bernard.

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 2515 of 2,774
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Pilotdude

Sending you and Lindbergh best wishes for a positive outcome.
Message 2516 of 2,774
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Red- Before you know it, January will be here. It sucks to the points you'll be missing out on, but at least your chances of being approved for the CSP and the bold will increase. 

Lexie- Doing my best to be here and avoid all the temptaions!

Myjourney- Thanks, only a few more months to go!

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 2517 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Pilotdude wrote:

Well, I am back in CA now from my fun trip in a uhaul across the continent.  Got back late Friday night.  Called Lindbergh's breeder to arrange pick up time and was told that he apparently looks to have some sort of hip problem that may require us to put him to sleep to spare him a life of excruciating pain.  They are doing xrays tomorrow and I will be there for those.  Its not really dysplasia but actually could be worse.  He has a hard time standing up from a laying position and he isn't running like he did just a couple weeks ago.

Since he is only just over 5 months old, he will put on another 100-150 lbs still and as he gets heavier, if this is indeed what the breeder suspects, his pain will go right through the roof.  

Goshdarnit!   Sorry mods but this really sucks.  Smiley Sad

We understand..   Smiley Happy

Shogun

Sorry to here and wishing for the best

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2518 of 2,774
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

Red- Before you know it, January will be here. It sucks to the points you'll be missing out on, but at least your chances of being approved for the CSP and the bold will increase. 

Lexie- Doing my best to be here and avoid all the temptaions!

Myjourney- Thanks, only a few more months to go!

And you will have stayed true to gardening and earned that day pass WTG I knew you could do itSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2519 of 2,774
SemperGumby
Contributor

Are we able to post pictures on here?  I want to post pictures on here when I do.  Not that I want to brag.  But I feel that when I get my house that I owe it just as much to those here in the garden for helping keep me on the right path.  

Message 2520 of 2,774
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.