Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - July 2014

tag
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2014

@nachoslibres wrote:

I put an image title on my gardening icon that reminds me when I entered the garden.  Makes it a lot easier to see when it is time to upgrade my image.

Indeed, that's a pretty smart idea.

Message 1651 of 3,423
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Well, just chatted with AMEX and they said that I'm eligible for the sign-bonus on my new BCP despite having a previous AMEX card (the Surpass). So that's cool, I thought that they didn't do that anymore.

In other news, today is going by really slow.

Message 1652 of 3,423
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Well, just chatted with AMEX and they said that I'm eligible for the sign-bonus on my new BCP despite having a previous AMEX card (the Surpass). So that's cool, I thought that they didn't do that anymore.

As long as you're not identified as an Amex customer by their site via cookies, I believe you're also fine! But because an Amex representative also verified that, better for you!

I agree! I am at work, and I cannot wait to go to lunch ^_^

Message 1653 of 3,423
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@heyarrnold wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

As long as you're not identified as an Amex customer by their site via cookies, I believe you're also fine! But because an Amex representative also verified that, better for you!

Maybe that's what it was, I apped while not signed in while using an incognito window.

Message 1654 of 3,423
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Maybe that's what it was, I apped while not signed in while using an incognito window.

Haha yes, otherwise, you get the little red letters: "You have been identified as a current American Express customer, and do not qualify for the current promotion." <------ Evil words. 

Message 1655 of 3,423
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@heyarrnold wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Haha yes, otherwise, you get the little red letters: "You have been identified as a current American Express customer, and do not qualify for the current promotion." <------ Evil words. 

Well, glad I did it the other way then. I plan on getting some use out of this card.

Message 1656 of 3,423
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Howdy gang, checking in from work. All is good here Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 1657 of 3,423
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Wade, glad to hear it, all is well here too.

Message 1658 of 3,423
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

Hey Wade, glad to hear it, all is well here too.

glad to hear that as well . I was just looking at the new wally card Smiley Frustrated Hurt my eyes just looking at it.....LOL

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 1659 of 3,423
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Finally had some luck with the dumb Medical Business Bureau collection yesterday. Experian finally agreed to do a three way call with them to verify that the debt was supposed to be deleted. They confirmed the EX rep updated the dispute. I checked my report this morning and it appears to finally be gone! My lower useage reported as well and my score jumped to 716! Now I just need Equifax to get the show on the road with the dispute I submitted and TU to catch up to the other reports and I'll be happy. 

I suppose I didn't have to downgrade my spade just yet as the new TL's haven't posted, but I know the AU's are coming... Just for funsies I tried out a few of the shopping cart tricks. Didin't accept any (might have been tempted if the Total Rewards popped up), but it's good to know that I can get a $750 VS if I or my gf have a sudden need to buy a ton of underwear Smiley LOL

Beyond that, took my cat in to get fixed this morning.. Going to call in a little while to see when I can pick her up!

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 1660 of 3,423
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.