mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2014

@coldnmn wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Good afternoon everybody hows everybody doing today ? Just got my hair trimmed and picked up arabic lamb shawerma with an extra side of hummus , most yummy :-)

On credit front nothing new to report here. My CK score updated today and no movement. 

Hi Mong,

Wow, that sounds good! I love hummus.  

My daughter and I went to the zoo yesterday and had a nice day.  Then went out to Bonefish and used my first Amex sync. Spend $25 and get $10 credit...so that was fun. Got an email from Amex later thanking me for using them. 

Really trying to decide if I want to app for my Chase Disney card today....ugh!

I knew you wanted Disney and why. That's why I didn't say anything about Freedom.

Hi to you Cold!!!

Smiley Happy Hi mong!

How is Mr cold doing today ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2831 of 3,423
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Hi EE how are you doing today ? Its fairly quiet day today here, its an bit cloudy . 

Message 2832 of 3,423
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Besides any 0% percent offer on the Disney Chase CC...the rewards are the same? Because it really cute! But I don't like to pay annual fees...it's easier to get approved than the Chase Freedom???

There is a no AF card option as well for Chase Disney. I have no idea that it is easier, I believe underwriting is about the same. But it does not seem to offer any great apr terms that you might get with the Freedom. Just my thoughts on it.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 2833 of 3,423
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

It's a good day here today! Cold what's going on tomorrow? 

Message 2834 of 3,423
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Good afternoon everybody hows everybody doing today ? Just got my hair trimmed and picked up arabic lamb shawerma with an extra side of hummus , most yummy :-)

On credit front nothing new to report here. My CK score updated today and no movement. 

Hi Mong,

My daughter and I went to the zoo yesterday and had a nice day.  Then went out to Bonefish and used my first Amex sync. Spend $25 and get $10 credit...so that was fun. Got an email from Amex later thanking me for using them. 

its pretty delish this middle eastern food :-) What type of restaurant is bonefish seafood? I really should use those amex sync offers more, i see them when i check my amex accounts every once in an while. 

What does chase disney card give you for discounts at disney?

Bonefish does have a lot of seafood, which daughter and I are not into much. But when we were at Hilton Head a year ago, we tried it and had really great steaks. So I thought I would try our local chain here to see if it was just as good and it was!  I can't cooks steaks like I like them, haha.  I do love middle eastern food but have not tried any new restaurants in a while that make it.  I do love chinese and Japanese and that is usually where I look for new places to try. 

Disney card perks allow for 6 month 0% financing on Disney trips, which is nice. But I want access to Special meet/greet characters in the parks. Any visa card holders get emails for special discounts which can be pretty decent for hotels and dinning savings with early access to the general public. My daughter has a trip planned for next May with some of her sorority sisters, so she will be an AU so we can see if we can get her a discount for their trip.  Then there is dinning discounts in the parks and merchandise. Pretty limited there but they all offer a free photo each trip. Credits for cruises and probabably my favorite, 20% discounts for special events and special tours which I would plan to use.  I think the online store and in store purchases may offer discounts too, not sure.  Really, things probably only a disney addict with small children (which is not me) or someone who visits the parks regularly would only benefit from. The rewards, IMHO are lame and I would not put any big spending on it as all of my other cards can beat it.

I like chinese and japanese , i just actually both this week lol. Wed had sushi and thurs had fried dumplings and mapo tofu. Its an bit spicy but pretty yummy. I tried to make sushi at home with fresh sashimi and it didn't turn out as good :-( 

I haven't been to disney in ages , but i heard its getting quite expensive. So maybe getting an little discount is better than getting no discount when it comes to disney world :-)

We had a Thai girl live with us two years. She had never cooked before but started learning then, so we really got hooked on asia foods. I do love thai too!  Then last year I sponsored a chinese girl for a year, so she cooked for me as well.  The Thai girls boyfriend was always making sushi and bringing it over for me to try. I miss those days! Smiley Sad  Now I have to find a place to buy it but it is pretty americanized. Ok...now I am hungry after all of this food talk!

Disney is expensive I guess. But since I only seem to like expensive travel, like I want to go back to Israel in the next year or do one of our river rafting trips again. Each of those (since I am particular on who I want to go with) would run me about $3-4K each for my daughter and myself.  I can do a week disney trip for us for about $2,500 during Christmas which is prime time and that is for both of us.  I really should try some new places I guess, like some of the national parks. But I have been lazy to research.

Yeah i have thai and chinese an lot maybe three or 4 times an week. In september i am going to get some real thai food in bangkok and chiang mai , i am quite excited about that. You have to find the traditional japanese sushi bars. It may be an bit pricier but the sushi is really really good. I have an favorite sushi place around here. The sushi is so delicious. Especially the Toro it melts in your mouth no chewing required!!!

Which section of the country do you live SE US? With all the traveling you do , do you have an few travel cards to ease the pain ? I liked doing yosemite last time i was in Cali. 

We are trying our first Japanese Sushi grill this Dec in Disney at Epcot. I live in the midwest and generally go from MI to Fl back and forth work and play. Furthest west I have been is Grand Canyon.  I was in CA once but I don't even remember where in CA, LOL and i was stuck in a convention hall for 5 days, so it really doesn't count. I have yet to take my daughter to NY, so that might be a good trip for us.  I have eaten japanese there but it has been a few years now. The only "travel" card I have is the Amex everyday for MR points. I never seem to stay at the same chain or use the same airlines, so I have not found value in any cobranded cards as of yet.  I would consider (in the future the marriot, hyatt and perhaps a southwestern card) but I need to assess within the next year if I will be traveling more for work or less...so since credit building is a journey...I'll wait until I have a better picture to decide. By then, my cards will all be over 1 year old for the most part and I will have had 7 inquires age off.  

Michigan has so many nice lakes to visit they don't have any nice national parks? I remember when i went to sleepaway camp when i was little in wisconsin was really beautiful up there. The thing about nyc and restaurants is the restaurants a way over priced because you have to pay the nyc tax. Last time i had sushi in nyc i think it was at Nobu. It was decent , but not worth the price i think. Amex ED isn't bad for MR points they have few good travel partners. For all the traveling i thought you would have picked up something like Arrival+. 

how is the food at disney ? I thought they were just tourist traps lol

I am a Lake Michigan gal! I don't do too many of the small lakes.  Grand Haven, South Haven, Holland and anywhere further up the coast. I have been as far as Copper Harbour up in the UP and it is all great.  The only national parks I have visited in MI have been beachfront and I do love it. But those are daytrips for me since I lived there for so long.  

I don't consider myself a "foodie" since I have a poor sense of smell, I can only assume it affects my taste as well. So Disney may very well be more tourist focused than I know. But I do like it and like to try new restarants at each visit. I don't like going to places that are expensive just for the sake of going. I would rather try a small locally owned place that has authentic food. So I have hit a lot of mom and pop places through out the years that may not have the ambiance but have great food, in my opinion. Plus I like supporting the small guys!  But I love the chains for when I don't want surprises for my meals.

I think the arrival+ has an AF and I don't tend to use af cards unless I know for sure that my spend with be enough. It;s just me 9 months out of the year when my daughter is at college.  I tend to eat out about as much as I spend on groceries, so for me the Cash+ will be a great card for the future for restaurants and fast food at 5%. When I travel, I drive a lot...so gas for Sallie Mae, Discover and Freedom is more valuable. And since I don't always stay at hotels, I know a lot of people who I often stay with (friends + family) so hotel perks are iffy for me.  

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 2835 of 3,423
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Wade  Smiley Frustrated My aggravation starts back to work!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2836 of 3,423
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Driving.jpg 

Mong,

Here was one of my trips last summer. I am planning another one in August but not quite as many miles! I believe this was a 10 day trip. That's when one of my cards got flagged because they thought it was stolen for all the states I was using it in, LOL.

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 2837 of 3,423
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

Wade  Smiley Frustrated My aggravation starts back to work!

LOL, I can understand your frustration!

Message 2838 of 3,423
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Hi Mong,

its pretty delish this middle eastern food :-) What type of restaurant is bonefish seafood? I really should use those amex sync offers more, i see them when i check my amex accounts every once in an while. 

What does chase disney card give you for discounts at disney?

Bonefish does have a lot of seafood, which daughter and I are not into much. But when we were at Hilton Head a year ago, we tried it and had really great steaks. So I thought I would try our local chain here to see if it was just as good and it was!  I can't cooks steaks like I like them, haha.  I do love middle eastern food but have not tried any new restaurants in a while that make it.  I do love chinese and Japanese and that is usually where I look for new places to try. 

Disney card perks allow for 6 month 0% financing on Disney trips, which is nice. But I want access to Special meet/greet characters in the parks. Any visa card holders get emails for special discounts which can be pretty decent for hotels and dinning savings with early access to the general public. My daughter has a trip planned for next May with some of her sorority sisters, so she will be an AU so we can see if we can get her a discount for their trip.  Then there is dinning discounts in the parks and merchandise. Pretty limited there but they all offer a free photo each trip. Credits for cruises and probabably my favorite, 20% discounts for special events and special tours which I would plan to use.  I think the online store and in store purchases may offer discounts too, not sure.  Really, things probably only a disney addict with small children (which is not me) or someone who visits the parks regularly would only benefit from. The rewards, IMHO are lame and I would not put any big spending on it as all of my other cards can beat it.

I like chinese and japanese , i just actually both this week lol. Wed had sushi and thurs had fried dumplings and mapo tofu. Its an bit spicy but pretty yummy. I tried to make sushi at home with fresh sashimi and it didn't turn out as good :-( 

I haven't been to disney in ages , but i heard its getting quite expensive. So maybe getting an little discount is better than getting no discount when it comes to disney world :-)

We had a Thai girl live with us two years. She had never cooked before but started learning then, so we really got hooked on asia foods. I do love thai too!  Then last year I sponsored a chinese girl for a year, so she cooked for me as well.  The Thai girls boyfriend was always making sushi and bringing it over for me to try. I miss those days! Smiley Sad  Now I have to find a place to buy it but it is pretty americanized. Ok...now I am hungry after all of this food talk!

Disney is expensive I guess. But since I only seem to like expensive travel, like I want to go back to Israel in the next year or do one of our river rafting trips again. Each of those (since I am particular on who I want to go with) would run me about $3-4K each for my daughter and myself.  I can do a week disney trip for us for about $2,500 during Christmas which is prime time and that is for both of us.  I really should try some new places I guess, like some of the national parks. But I have been lazy to research.

Yeah i have thai and chinese an lot maybe three or 4 times an week. In september i am going to get some real thai food in bangkok and chiang mai , i am quite excited about that. You have to find the traditional japanese sushi bars. It may be an bit pricier but the sushi is really really good. I have an favorite sushi place around here. The sushi is so delicious. Especially the Toro it melts in your mouth no chewing required!!!

Which section of the country do you live SE US? With all the traveling you do , do you have an few travel cards to ease the pain ? I liked doing yosemite last time i was in Cali. 

We are trying our first Japanese Sushi grill this Dec in Disney at Epcot. I live in the midwest and generally go from MI to Fl back and forth work and play. Furthest west I have been is Grand Canyon.  I was in CA once but I don't even remember where in CA, LOL and i was stuck in a convention hall for 5 days, so it really doesn't count. I have yet to take my daughter to NY, so that might be a good trip for us.  I have eaten japanese there but it has been a few years now. The only "travel" card I have is the Amex everyday for MR points. I never seem to stay at the same chain or use the same airlines, so I have not found value in any cobranded cards as of yet.  I would consider (in the future the marriot, hyatt and perhaps a southwestern card) but I need to assess within the next year if I will be traveling more for work or less...so since credit building is a journey...I'll wait until I have a better picture to decide. By then, my cards will all be over 1 year old for the most part and I will have had 7 inquires age off.  

Michigan has so many nice lakes to visit they don't have any nice national parks? I remember when i went to sleepaway camp when i was little in wisconsin was really beautiful up there. The thing about nyc and restaurants is the restaurants a way over priced because you have to pay the nyc tax. Last time i had sushi in nyc i think it was at Nobu. It was decent , but not worth the price i think. Amex ED isn't bad for MR points they have few good travel partners. For all the traveling i thought you would have picked up something like Arrival+. 

how is the food at disney ? I thought they were just tourist traps lol

I am a Lake Michigan gal! I don't do too many of the small lakes.  Grand Haven, South Haven, Holland and anywhere further up the coast. I have been as far as Copper Harbour up in the UP and it is all great.  The only national parks I have visited in MI have been beachfront and I do love it. But those are daytrips for me since I lived there for so long.  

I don't consider myself a "foodie" since I have a poor sense of smell, I can only assume it affects my taste as well. So Disney may very well be more tourist focused than I know. But I do like it and like to try new restarants at each visit. I don't like going to places that are expensive just for the sake of going. I would rather try a small locally owned place that has authentic food. So I have hit a lot of mom and pop places through out the years that may not have the ambiance but have great food, in my opinion. Plus I like supporting the small guys!  But I love the chains for when I don't want surprises for my meals.

I think the arrival+ has an AF and I don't tend to use af cards unless I know for sure that my spend with be enough. It;s just me 9 months out of the year when my daughter is at college.  I tend to eat out about as much as I spend on groceries, so for me the Cash+ will be a great card for the future for restaurants and fast food at 5%. When I travel, I drive a lot...so gas for Sallie Mae, Discover and Freedom is more valuable. And since I don't always stay at hotels, I know a lot of people who I often stay with (friends + family) so hotel perks are iffy for me.  

Nice I actually have never been to michigan before only minnesota and wisconsin. Both seemed really nice to me, definately an nice change from the northeast. I like trying new places. I will almost always give an new place an chance. If they aren't that great after two tries then thats all the chances they will get. 

Ahh i can understand about AF cards. The thing about arrival and CSP i kind of waver on if they are worth it because if you look at it you can rationalize that signup bonuses are worth at least 450 dollars , so that cancels out the AF in most cases.Cash+ is interesting card, i was going to take an look at it possibly next year sometime. Right now my CSP is my goto card for eating. 

Talking about hotels I am thinking of visiting Phuket or Ko Samui, those two areas i don't have family , so trying to figure out which hotel i may want to stay at. I am not good at fidning good hotels, i usually just look at trip advisor and hope I get lucky. 

Message 2839 of 3,423
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

Driving.jpg 

Mong,

Here was one of my trips last summer. I am planning another one in August but not quite as many miles! I believe this was a 10 day trip. That's when one of my cards got flagged because they thought it was stolen for all the states I was using it in, LOL.

Nice you are quite the driver, i don't like traveling much more than 3 hour drive. I drive to philly and thats about as far as i will go. 

Message 2840 of 3,423
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.