Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - July 2014

tag
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - July 2014

Hi, I'm new here. I decided that this is probably the best place for me at this time. Can anyone show me around until I get confortable?

EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 3181 of 3,423
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Slim1Der wrote:

Hi, I'm new here. I decided that this is probably the best place for me at this time. Can anyone show me around until I get confortable?

Welcome to the GC  Smiley Happy Go to page 1 on this thread and read about the GC.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3182 of 3,423
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome!!!! See page 1.....I will be gardening for a whole year!

Message 3183 of 3,423
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Good evening boys and girls.

Today marks 60 app free days for me.  woohoo.

Work sucked.  No, that's not true...just a loooooooong day.  Started at 7:45 this morning, skipped lunch and didn't get done until 6:30 this evening.

CK updated with no changes this morning.  I'm hoping for a score boost after the first of the month, but not counting on it...and not apping for ANYTHING!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3184 of 3,423
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Work sucked.  No, that's not true...just a loooooooong day.  Started at 7:45 this morning, skipped lunch and didn't get done until 6:30 this evening.

CK updated with no changes this morning.  I'm hoping for a score boost after the first of the month, but not counting on it...and not apping for ANYTHING!

Howdy TC , Congrats on the 60 day app free. Yeah some days are like that Smiley Frustrated

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3185 of 3,423
--HighHopes--
Regular Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

Hello Fellow Gardners!

Question for ya.  Do any of you know if Walmart CLI is a HP or SP?  I'm in the garden until January, but just trying to figure out of all my cards which are hards and softs so I can work on those in a few months while gardening.  Here is a list of my cards if anyone can give input on which they are I would greatly appreciate it!

*AMEX Everday  $1.2K Soft pull at 31 days then 6 months- you can request 3.6k for your first CLI

*CHASE Freedom  $1K Hard Pull most of the time

*Citi Dividend Plat. Select   $4.8K I think they have a button you can press every 6 months and it will tell you if it's a hard or soft pull at that time

*Discover IT     $2.5K Depends on their mood

*BOA Better Balance    $1.5K No Idea

*Capital One QS1    $1K Soft pull, ask every 6 months

*Barclays Rewards MC   $1.3K No Idea

*Wal-Mart Store   $1.5K  Soft pull, press button every 4 months or call Credit Solutions in the backdoor numbers thread Soft Pull

*3 Comenity Store Cards (VS $800, PB  $4K, and Goody's  $200) VS- 9 months for the first request, then I think you can ask every 6 months there after- soft pull

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.  I have none at 5K or more so that's really my goal while gardening.  Also...can anyone tell me what the timeframe for CLI's are with each and is it even helpful to get store card increases even if you never really use them?  Mainly keep them for the % off perks when I shop there and then PIF.

Thanks for the reply Fancy!  I really appreciate it!  So AMEX is 31 days instead of 61?  I'd read on another post around somewhere that it was 61 days but then I read only at 6 months so I was confused lol. 

Anyone else with any info on Bank of America and Barclays??

Barclay HP good for auto CLI every 6 months. I believe BoA Is a HP but not positive.

I may add that chase freedom you may get an auto cli in first four months or so , i did on mine and have read many people get one also 

Thanks for the info Mong!  Do you know if you don't automatically receive cli if there is anyway of requesting without a HP after the 6th month or year mark on Chase and BOA?

that I don't know , I don't have boa card anymore and haven't since the 90s i think lol. As far as chase hp cli I don't know anything about that since I use my hp usually for new accounts, not cli. I am sure other people on here will know how boa and chase hp cli.

Yes...I agree!  I def don't want to waste a HP on a CLI unless its for 10 grand then that would be ok with me lol.  If you don't mind me asking...why did you leave BOA?  I ask b/c since i'm new in the credit world and only got my BOA card in May I'm wondering did I make a mistake?  I just went for one card of each of the bigger banks....

Message 3186 of 3,423
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

@notfancy wrote:

@--HighHopes-- wrote:

Hello Fellow Gardners!

Question for ya.  Do any of you know if Walmart CLI is a HP or SP?  I'm in the garden until January, but just trying to figure out of all my cards which are hards and softs so I can work on those in a few months while gardening.  Here is a list of my cards if anyone can give input on which they are I would greatly appreciate it!

*AMEX Everday  $1.2K Soft pull at 31 days then 6 months- you can request 3.6k for your first CLI

*CHASE Freedom  $1K Hard Pull most of the time

*Citi Dividend Plat. Select   $4.8K I think they have a button you can press every 6 months and it will tell you if it's a hard or soft pull at that time

*Discover IT     $2.5K Depends on their mood

*BOA Better Balance    $1.5K No Idea

*Capital One QS1    $1K Soft pull, ask every 6 months

*Barclays Rewards MC   $1.3K No Idea

*Wal-Mart Store   $1.5K  Soft pull, press button every 4 months or call Credit Solutions in the backdoor numbers thread Soft Pull

*3 Comenity Store Cards (VS $800, PB  $4K, and Goody's  $200) VS- 9 months for the first request, then I think you can ask every 6 months there after- soft pull

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.  I have none at 5K or more so that's really my goal while gardening.  Also...can anyone tell me what the timeframe for CLI's are with each and is it even helpful to get store card increases even if you never really use them?  Mainly keep them for the % off perks when I shop there and then PIF.

Thanks for the reply Fancy!  I really appreciate it!  So AMEX is 31 days instead of 61?  I'd read on another post around somewhere that it was 61 days but then I read only at 6 months so I was confused lol. 

Anyone else with any info on Bank of America and Barclays??

Barclay HP good for auto CLI every 6 months. I believe BoA Is a HP but not positive.

I may add that chase freedom you may get an auto cli in first four months or so , i did on mine and have read many people get one also 

Thanks for the info Mong!  Do you know if you don't automatically receive cli if there is anyway of requesting without a HP after the 6th month or year mark on Chase and BOA?

that I don't know , I don't have boa card anymore and haven't since the 90s i think lol. As far as chase hp cli I don't know anything about that since I use my hp usually for new accounts, not cli. I am sure other people on here will know how boa and chase hp cli.

Yes...I agree!  I def don't want to waste a HP on a CLI unless its for 10 grand then that would be ok with me lol.  If you don't mind me asking...why did you leave BOA?  I ask b/c since i'm new in the credit world and only got my BOA card in May I'm wondering did I make a mistake?  I just went for one card of each of the bigger banks....

I was stupid college kid ,was buying stuff I couldn't afford. My parents helped me pay off the card and we agreed on closing card till I found a job where I could afford to buy things.

Boa cards are fine cards depending in what your credit goals are.they have some nice options.my favorite being amex fidelity, second favorite is Alaska airlines 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3187 of 3,423
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Howdy TC , Congrats on the 60 day app free. Yeah some days are like that Smiley Frustrated

Eh.  Methinks that this WEEK is going to be like that.

I've been with this employer for nearly one year now, and they still get surprised by the "end of the month".

There's another "end of the month" coming up in about 30 days or so, and I've mentioned it repeatedly...doesn't seem to do any good.  So, we'll all have overtime this week, and next week go back to looking for things to do. 

Doh.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3188 of 3,423
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Its been pretty quiet in here tonight :-) Hows everybody doing today ? Any interesting happenings in the credit world?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3189 of 3,423
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mongstradamus wrote:

Its been pretty quiet in here tonight :-) Hows everybody doing today ? Any interesting happenings in the credit world?

Pretty quiet on all the boards tonight. Which for Mods can be wonderful!  

As for credit, I'm waiting to see how much, if any, of a ding I'll get from my Amex Plat inq. Hoping that the 29 year reporting date will help with the loss of two mtg TLs. 

Message 3190 of 3,423
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.