Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - June 2012

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - June 2012

VERY good feeling. 10 yrs is a long time, but these last 2 months seem like they took FOREVER! LOL

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 61 of 394
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I squeeze in?   I think it's time to chill on the credit pulls.  I bought a car in May and took about 5 hits on each report while shopping.  Also applied for Chase- approved with very small limit of $1500.  Disappointed cause I wanted just one card with a high limit.  Surely enough a few days later I received in the mail an invitation from Citi to apply and did...still not sure of the outcome with that one.  When I talked to a rep they were unhappy about my inquiries (explained many were from car shopping) and not happy I recently applied to Chase. 

Taking a wait and see approach at this point.  If I get a decline I will surely appeal- other than that- not planning to apply for anything until it's time to shop for a home loan.

Chase is giving me 12 month free interest- and if approved for Citi- they offer 18 month free interest.  Going to slide a few low balances to one of them- pay them down to under 10%. 

Somebody pass me a drink to sip on.  Avoiding the itch to apply anywhere again. 

My history and present are all in my tagline. 

Message 62 of 394
jla84
Regular Contributor

Still going strong! Last month I requested a CLI on my Discover Miles card and they approved it! My initial limit was $3000 and I got it increased to $6000. It was a SP, and it's now my second highest CL. This month I'm going to close my Cap One "No Hassles" Rewards card, as my AF is due in July. Otherwise I'm in the garden until October when I will app for BCE. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 63 of 394
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone is working toward a BCE/P...  I know I am apping a BCP next June!

Message 64 of 394
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

There's another community member with a signature that says, "Until Amex gets rid of financial reviews, I'm not touching them with 30-foot long pole." Or something like that.

I have the same sentiment. lol I am just fine with my other prime cards. When Amex stops with the frequent FRs, I'll maybe apply, but I doubt that'll happen. For now, I am going to garden those 9 new accts. Everyone told me to garden for at least 14 months or more in order to reduce the risk of AA for opening so many new accts at the same time. So, I guess I am not doing anything, no apping, no requests for CLIs and whatever until May 2014. Yes, I am just going to garden for two years. My app addiction and credit obsession is starting to die down anyways, so I think I'll be ok. I got an offer in the mail for an Amex card with Union Bank, and I tore it up right away.

Message 65 of 394
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There's another community member with a signature that says, "Until Amex gets rid of financial reviews, I'm not touching them with 30-foot long pole." Or something like that.

I have the same sentiment. lol I am just fine with my other prime cards. When Amex stops with the frequent FRs, I'll maybe apply, but I doubt that'll happen. For now, I am going to garden those 9 new accts. Everyone told me to garden for at least 14 months or more in order to reduce the risk of AA for opening so many new accts at the same time. So, I guess I am not doing anything, no apping, no requests for CLIs and whatever until May 2014. Yes, I am just going to garden for two years. My app addiction and credit obsession is starting to die down anyways, so I think I'll be ok. I got an offer in the mail for an Amex card with Union Bank, and I tore it up right away.

I can't prove this; however, nearly everyone who has posted they're getting FR'd, is a little out on the edge for even this forum population... and the rest of us are NOWHERE close to the middle of the bell curve in our credit behaviors.  You certainly can't judge Amex as a whole based on their behavior towards statistical outliers, which admittedly the vast majority of us are so that may actually be fair in our cases.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the number of adverse actions taken by BOFA / Chase / et al. are pretty much 1:1 for Amex FR's, and yet in either of BOFA / Chase's case, they'd simply just close the account with no chance to justify yourself at all.

Just because you wouldn't commit fraud, and as a result can be legitimately indignant over the whole FR issue, doesn't mean nobody else would either: one doesn't have to look beyond the mortgage fraud during the bubble years to understand that it does happen on a consistent basis.  FR's serve a legitimate purpose, and if you're on the up and up (i.e. what you stated on your application actually meet the financial realities of your life) they're nothing to be worried about.  

        
Message 66 of 394
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Today marks my longest stay in the garden so far!!!

79 days!!!!

(And I have a slight itch for that darn AMEX Delta!!!)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 67 of 394
android01
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

79 days!!!!

Congrats LS! Smiley Happy Just think that when you apply for that Delta next year how much higher your score will be, and how high a limit you may get! 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 68 of 394
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

79 days!!!!

Now you have to stick with it LS, because everyday will be a new record!!!  You app and you have to start all over again to break the record you just set.

Message 69 of 394
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Checking in still appless...My plan is to apply in August for Freedom,Forward,and More. By then I will have 7 months on my Wells Fargo card, 6 months on my Cap one card, 4months on my BOA card, and 5,4 months respectively on my student loans. I have no derogs. Does this sound like a good plan?
Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 70 of 394
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.