Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - June 2012

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - June 2012

just opened up an e-checking account with NFCU...  tempted to app for NavCheck but I MUST NOT! 

Be strong!    If I end up doing a refinance on my duplex later this yr I'll app for Navcheck at that time. 

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 201 of 394
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@Injustifiable: I hear ya on that one.  That's gonna be my next goal as well.  Gotta let some of these puppies age a bit before I try it though Smiley Sad

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 202 of 394
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrokaToe wrote:

Awesome, I'm gonna bring some Potato Salad and Sweet Tea, Texas style!

Import the sweet tea from GA, guaranteed to rot your teeth out before the meal is gone Heart  **insert toothless grin**

As for gardening...  I swear I will dump at least two of my cards before I app again next year.  I already got my sites on Cap1 Plat and Kohls.  Cap1 can only be saved if they do a 500% CLI like my Cap1 rewards card did at it 2nd birthday.  Kohls, I do not know what can save that.  I really just do not shop there.  They seem to have more made in China stuff than Walmart!  Levis there cost the same as at Macys (even after discounts).  I use to check the clearance racks, but I swear the stuff I bought lasted less than 6 months.  Just waiting to see what my util is after all my new accounts report, I doubt I will need that 1k that Kohls gives me to help the %.  Just debating if I should close it or wait for Kohls to close it...

Message 203 of 394
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@Injustifiable: I hear ya on that one.  That's gonna be my next goal as well.  Gotta let some of these puppies age a bit before I try it though Smiley Sad

I'd love some of that GE luv that I can just keep sockdrawered for half the year...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 204 of 394
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Day 9.

...although I got a phone call AND an email from the credit union asking if there is anything else that they can do for me....

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 205 of 394
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

Hello everyone!!! I'm new to the community but I've been a fan of the site for a while now, and I must say it is an honor and a privilege to make the acquaintance of each and every one of you. It took me a minute to get the feel of how everything is run, but now that I have the swing of things, I couldn't ask for a better group of financial friends I'll probably never meet! Smiley LOL Anyway, I think it's time for me to do a little gardening. Earlier today against my better judgment I did a recon and was denied one of my top card choices. It didn't make me feel any better that the analysis commended me on the job I've been doing with rebuilding, but refused to grant me a card because of a flurry of recent inquiries! (NOOOOO! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT???) Never the less, coming within reach of one of my goals only to fall short due to my impulsiveness has definitely made me realize that I have a real problem. So with that I am officially in the garden. ***CLEARS THROAT*** "HELLO EVERYONE, MY NAME IS CREDIT RESUSCITATION, AND I'M AN APPLIHOLIC!!! Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 460
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 206 of 394
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is going to be me for a LONG---LONG time!!! Smiley Wink 

garden_girl.jpg

Message 207 of 394
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@CreditResuscitation wrote:

***CLEARS THROAT*** "HELLO EVERYONE, MY NAME IS CREDIT RESUSCITATION, AND I'M AN APPLIHOLIC!!!

Step One is the biggest step. Congrats and welcome to the garden.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 208 of 394
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Stumbled once again but picked up the new US Bank Cash + Visa Siggy... I'm tempted to freeze all reports and throw away the keys! 

Message 209 of 394
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditResuscitation wrote:

Hello everyone!!! I'm new to the community but I've been a fan of the site for a while now, and I must say it is an honor and a privilege to make the acquaintance of each and every one of you. It took me a minute to get the feel of how everything is run, but now that I have the swing of things, I couldn't ask for a better group of financial friends I'll probably never meet! Smiley LOL Anyway, I think it's time for me to do a little gardening. Earlier today against my better judgment I did a recon and was denied one of my top card choices. It didn't make me feel any better that the analysis commended me on the job I've been doing with rebuilding, but refused to grant me a card because of a flurry of recent inquiries! (NOOOOO! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT???) Never the less, coming within reach of one of my goals only to fall short due to my impulsiveness has definitely made me realize that I have a real problem. So with that I am officially in the garden. ***CLEARS THROAT*** "HELLO EVERYONE, MY NAME IS CREDIT RESUSCITATION, AND I'M AN APPLIHOLIC!!! Smiley Indifferent

Greetings!  If you've been denied for one of your top card choices due to recent inqs, then it sounds like it is indeed time for some gardening. So, welcome to the club! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 210 of 394
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.