Garden Club Meeting - June 2013

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - June 2013

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Firmly back in the garden. No further break outs until 2014. This should be possible  now as there is only one more card on my wishlist .  CSP Smiley Happy

Repeat offender Lol

Welcome back you can do itSmiley LOL

Priceless!  ROFLMAO

Breaking out new tools Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 141 of 3,571
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@kilj0y wrote:

Walking into the garden for the first time. Things actually look greener on this side of the pasture. I am looking to garden until I can get approved for an Amex Blue Cash Preferred. I was just denied for too low of a FICO score. Will try again when my score reaches above 720.

Welcome to the party!!Smiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 142 of 3,571
roshan21
Valued Member

I have 6 new accounts this year so I'm hoping to garden for the next 2 years and see what my scores can grow to. (Don't know if that's realistic or not) I'm also going to try and see about getting the AF removed from 3 Capital One cards and First Premier card. If not, going to close them because the 6 new limits are no AF and much higher limits. Hope I have a good plan lol

Paypal Mastercard $2000, Walmart $1000, Victoria's Secret $500, Discover IT $1200, Chase Freedom $2000, Cap1 $500/$300/$200, First Premier $300 Barclay's Rewards $500- Last App 5/27/13

Garden until 8/2014 (Hoping to be mid 700's by then)

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 143 of 3,571
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

I am definitely in the garden for a while.  I don't need any new credit for a quite a while, all I need is the discipline to pay off existing debt. I began vacation 3 weeks ago and have since racked up some charges on the CC so my overall utilization popped up.  Hopefully I will be able to pay off a large chunk of it before it reports on the next cycle.  I also moved the charges over from my rewards card to my low interest card so I collected a bunch of points first and now they will do the least amount of damage in collecting interest.  I also gained my silver spade 3 weeks ago and I am aiming for the gold spade next.  I also am sneaking up on my score target - gaining another 2 points today as my accounts are aging.  I am ultimately looking to hit 800+ and a utilization of 1-2% but my end of year goal is 780 which is quite doable.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 144 of 3,571
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@roshan21 wrote:
I have 6 new accounts this year so I'm hoping to garden for the next 2 years and see what my scores can grow to. (Don't know if that's realistic or not) I'm also going to try and see about getting the AF removed from 3 Capital One cards and First Premier card. If not, going to close them because the 6 new limits are no AF and much higher limits. Hope I have a good plan lol

Welcome to the garden. 

Congrats on all the new TLs.  Two year in the garden will do your scores a world of good - boosting your AAoA, and adding positive TLs.  Grab a pair of gloves and plant your seedlings.

Message 145 of 3,571
myjourney
Super Contributor

@roshan21 wrote:

You can do it the trick is to make and stick to your plan and it will workout just fine 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 146 of 3,571
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Roarmeister wrote:

I am definitely in the garden for a while.  I don't need any new credit for a quite a while, all I need is the discipline to pay off existing debt. I began vacation 3 weeks ago and have since racked up some charges on the CC so my overall utilization popped up.  Hopefully I will be able to pay off a large chunk of it before it reports on the next cycle.  I also moved the charges over from my rewards card to my low interest card so I collected a bunch of points first and now they will do the least amount of damage in collecting interest.  I also gained my silver spade 3 weeks ago and I am aiming for the gold spade next.  I also am sneaking up on my score target - gaining another 2 points today as my accounts are aging.  I am ultimately looking to hit 800+ and a utilization of 1-2% but my end of year goal is 780 which is quite doable.

Hope you had a wonderful vacation Smiley Wink

Now knock down the debt and watch the 800 club ask you to be a member 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 147 of 3,571
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Garden time for me.  Bronze spade this month (Baby steps, right?)  A lot of new cards in 2013 so time to let them grow.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 148 of 3,571
myjourney
Super Contributor

@rkinnahan wrote:

Garden time for me.  Bronze spade this month (Baby steps, right?)  A lot of new cards in 2013 so time to let them grow.

Baby steps .....step by step one day at a time Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 149 of 3,571
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Roarmeister wrote:

Vacations are for enjoyment.  Get those CCs paid off quickly and it won't matter much. 

Just keep your targets in mind, and your stint in the garden willbe easier.

Message 150 of 3,571
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.