Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - June 2013

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - June 2013

@dodfire wrote:

LOL cannot blame you there...I have been known to make a mad dash for the gate more times than I can remember. 

More than I can remember too...see my point Lol

Nice to have you join us seriously tho

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2671 of 3,571
myjourney
Super Contributor

On behalf of the GC culb

Welcome

To The Gardens Friday Night social Event

Garden rules apply

No Drapping Allowed

Respect Everyone's Opinion

Drink responsibly in the virtual world as well as in the real world

Have fun because everyone is a winner in the garden

Tonight's Topic : From the knowlegde you have gained as a member of MyFico and upon successfully completing a stays in the garden where do you see your credit being in a year?

Tonight's Menu

Shrimp

Lobster

Fish Taco

Salad

The bar is open 

Cheers all

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2672 of 3,571
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

I'm ready to commit full time to the garden. I told myself last year after I applied for 4 new credit cards that I wasn't going to apply for at least a year. Broke that promise to myself just a few months later. I applied for Citi Diamond Preferred a few weeks ago and just yesterday I applied for BoA Better Balance because I figured it be an easy way to earn $30 every few months.

But now I have 7 cards, after closing 5 in the past year (including my oldest card -- Capital One, no rewards, the only reason why it lasted this long is because it was my oldest account), but now I'm really ready to settle down and commit to this. My scores are really good, and I want them to get better. I'd love to be in the 800s by 2015. And I'm going to focus on helping my sister get her credit in order.

So that's my story.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 2673 of 3,571
myjourney
Super Contributor

@hutchj wrote:

I'm ready to commit full time to the garden. I told myself last year after I applied for 4 new credit cards that I wasn't going to apply for at least a year. Broke that promise to myself just a few months later. I applied for Citi Diamond Preferred a few weeks ago and just yesterday I applied for BoA Better Balance because I figured it be an easy way to earn $30 every few months.

But now I have 7 cards, after closing 5 in the past year (including my oldest card -- Capital One, no rewards, the only reason why it lasted this long is because it was my oldest account), but now I'm really ready to settle down and commit to this. My scores are really good, and I want them to get better. I'd love to be in the 800s by 2015. And I'm going to focus on helping my sister get her credit in order.

So that's my story.

Welcome to the forum and the garden

Pull up a chair plant those seedlings and watch them grow into 800 scores

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2674 of 3,571
red259
Super Contributor

My plan over the next year is to stay in the garden until January (asking for a CLI in dec on my venture which wuld be a SP). Then applying again for the CSP and Ink Bold from Chase at same time. Then going back into the garden for another six months and at that point applying for an amex revolver and either a hotel or airline branded card ie citi reserve or maybe united explorer. Hopefully I can get my score up around 750 in a year with the two stays in the garden and adding in the new accounts.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2675 of 3,571
HiLine
Blogger

@hutchj wrote:

So that's my story.

Welcome to the Garden!!! I'm sure you'll get to your goal in 2 years. Do you have anything to apply for in the future or just wish to break the 800+ club? Smiley Happy I find that sharing the ultimate goal is a great way to motivate yourself Smiley Happy

Message 2676 of 3,571
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

My plan over the next year is to stay in the garden until January (asking for a CLI in dec on my venture which wuld be a SP). Then applying again for the CSP and Ink Bold from Chase at same time. Then going back into the garden for another six months and at that point applying for an amex revolver and either a hotel or airline branded card ie citi reserve or maybe united explorer. Hopefully I can get my score up around 750 in a year with the two stays in the garden and adding in the new accounts.

nice garden plan

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 2677 of 3,571
HiLine
Blogger

It's going to be a short night for everyone ....

Message 2678 of 3,571
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Fortunately, I do not have anything that I want to apply for in the future. My dream card was an AMEX card and I applied on a whim in Sept. 2012, assuming I would be denied, but I was approved. I almost died, lol. And the Discover card was my second dream card. I have terrible will power when it comes to applying for credit cards.

The only thing that I want is to change my Chase Sapphire into a Chase Freedom. The Sapphire no longer makes sense because I do not eat out a lot, so the points aren't adding up to anything, and I have no immediate plans to travel anytime soon (and if I do I'll use the Citi card because it's 0% for 18mos and I just got that card in May).

So my goal is to stay away from the online apps and only apply for CLI if it's a soft pull. No more hard pulls for 2 years. So my ultimate goal is to hit the 800s while I'm still in my 20s. I would really love that.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 2679 of 3,571
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Quick question. How do you reply where the bubble of what the previous person said is present in the post? Did that make any sense?

Message 2680 of 3,571
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.