Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - March 2012

tag
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2012

@MsLadyRover wrote:

Hi Fellow Gardeners!!

It’s me…LadyRover.  I’ve missed you guys.  Had a problem with my account and for the past couple of weeks I’ve felt like a kid sitting in the house looking out of the window watching all the other kids play and I wasn’t able to join in.

I tried to sign up for Score Watch and I had some problems.  So I called customer service and they advised that I had an old myfico account from 2005 that I had completely forgot about.  So they were trying to combine my LadyRover forum name with my old account and I ended up locked out of both accounts.

So then I had to create a new account and they were working the past week to give me my same forum name with my same history, but found out today they couldn’t do it so I had to sign up for a new name…MsLadyRover.  So I’m not a new visitor, just a new name.

I’ve been gardening still since my lock out and I’ve had some great results.  I read in the rebuilding forum about folks having success emailing CA to have collections removed from their report.  Well, I had 3 old ones, so on Friday evening, I sent a GW email to each CA to have the account removed.  I received 2 responses on Monday and 1 today and they have all requested that the accounts be deleted.  YAY!!!  I can’t wait to see how that changes my scores.

Congrats LS on your Discover Card approval.  Although I couldn’t chime in, I was following it all.  I’m happy for you!

Everyone please join me in my garden today to toast my return to the forums.  Cocktails and light fare will be served. Smiley Very Happy

Congratz! You should see a very nice score jump from all those falling off. 

Smiley Winkfingers.crossed

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 671 of 972
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Aw snap, LadyRover's back, everyone hide....... I mean, welcome back, Lady!!!!!!!

Ahahahhahahaha! LOL!

AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 672 of 972
Smug
Established Contributor

My hands and feet are firmly planted in the soil.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 673 of 972
Anonymous
Not applicable

Signed up for a PenFed savings account. Plan on gardening this relationship for much later in life and possibly a few other things down the road. However, I'm pissed that they did a HP for a savings account. I mean, come on! It's not even a checking account.
Message 674 of 972
BGinVA
Contributor

Hello all, I'm officially joining the garden club, I plan to stay here for a year and then try and get myself a real grown up credit card. I guess I was actually in garden mode for a couple of years before this, but just didn't know what it was called.  I took a couple of years and paid off 3 charge-offs I had, didn't apply for anything, paid all my bills on time and just let things age, the only credit I applied for during this time was an Orchard Card in November 2010 , simply because they sent me a pre-approved offer and I figured I'd give it a shot and they accepted me, and I had a personal loan from One Main.    In September I applied for a Walmart card and got approved for $700 a month later they gave me a $100 increase.   Around November I received a pre-approved offer for a Merrick Bank card for $1,000 limit, applied and was approved.  I had really been wanting to refinance my 1st & 2nd mortgage under the current low interest rates, so at the end of November I decided to apply for a refinance since my luck was running pretty good, and again approved.  I was on a winning streak for the first time in several years.  Just so happened that I had been planning a new car purchase this year for about a year.  I was a little nervous about what all the new credit would do to my car loan prospects, but they were unfounded and I got several decent rate offers.  I closed on my new car last night, and called Walmart today since my 4th statement had cut to request a cli and got another $300.  At this point, between everything, my inquiries are through the roof, time to let them age off, let some of the baddies age some more (my real baddies won't start falling off until 2014) maybe try some goodwill letters (I got one delete from Chase) and watch the garden grow.  I've pretty much applied for everything I want or need in the next year, so I will attempt to take it in stride when my new auto loan hits and I see a temporary drop in score.  Glad to have some place to hang out for now. 

Message 675 of 972
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Smug wrote:
My hands and feet are firmly planted in the soil.

Same here!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 676 of 972
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Another sunny 80-degree here in my garden located in lovely Chicago, Illinois. At midnight I'll have 120 days App-Free. One thing I've been considering is just using my Cap1 Cash Back card as my every day card and staying in the garden idefinitely. It only has a $500CL but I think it might be 1% cash rewards on all purchases? I could be wrong about that but from my limited use of it, thats what it appears to be to me. I'm due for the CLI to $750 in a month or so.

As everyone here knows, I've been planning on leaving the garden when my CR's update to get my first prime rewards CC (Chase Freedom). But my concern is they will give me a $500CL, which would hardly be an upgrade over my Cap1 Cash Back cc. I have a corporate gas card so the rotating gas 5% category that Freedom offers is useless to me.

I should just take a deep breath, stop being hell-bent on app'ing for the Freedom, and watch my scores rise and rise.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 677 of 972
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

It's been so long since I've had active credit...I'm used to cash only.  Now that I'm active again, my goal is to stay in the "cash only' mindset while I'm using the cards. I want the Chase Freedom and Amex Blue Cash cards, and I'm willing to chill out for a while. By the time I'm ready to bite, there will definitely be some new cards to consider and I don't want to be in garden mode when they hit. So, I'm going to resist the urge to bite prematurely.

If I can make it past the 2012 Christmas shopping season (don't app anything), I'll be on easy street.

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 678 of 972
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

@BGinVA wrote:

Hello all, I'm officially joining the garden club, I plan to stay here for a year and then try and get myself a real grown up credit card. I guess I was actually in garden mode for a couple of years before this, but just didn't know what it was called.  I took a couple of years and paid off 3 charge-offs I had, didn't apply for anything, paid all my bills on time and just let things age, the only credit I applied for during this time was an Orchard Card in November 2010 , simply because they sent me a pre-approved offer and I figured I'd give it a shot and they accepted me, and I had a personal loan from One Main.    In September I applied for a Walmart card and got approved for $700 a month later they gave me a $100 increase.   Around November I received a pre-approved offer for a Merrick Bank card for $1,000 limit, applied and was approved.  I had really been wanting to refinance my 1st & 2nd mortgage under the current low interest rates, so at the end of November I decided to apply for a refinance since my luck was running pretty good, and again approved.  I was on a winning streak for the first time in several years.  Just so happened that I had been planning a new car purchase this year for about a year.  I was a little nervous about what all the new credit would do to my car loan prospects, but they were unfounded and I got several decent rate offers.  I closed on my new car last night, and called Walmart today since my 4th statement had cut to request a cli and got another $300.  At this point, between everything, my inquiries are through the roof, time to let them age off, let some of the baddies age some more (my real baddies won't start falling off until 2014) maybe try some goodwill letters (I got one delete from Chase) and watch the garden grow.  I've pretty much applied for everything I want or need in the next year, so I will attempt to take it in stride when my new auto loan hits and I see a temporary drop in score.  Glad to have some place to hang out for now. 

Welcome to the Garden!Smiley Tongue

Message 679 of 972
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Another sunny 80-degree here in my garden located in lovely Chicago, Illinois. At midnight I'll have 120 days App-Free. One thing I've been considering is just using my Cap1 Cash Back card as my every day card and staying in the garden idefinitely. It only has a $500CL but I think it might be 1% cash rewards on all purchases? I could be wrong about that but from my limited use of it, thats what it appears to be to me. I'm due for the CLI to $750 in a month or so.

As everyone here knows, I've been planning on leaving the garden when my CR's update to get my first prime rewards CC (Chase Freedom). But my concern is they will give me a $500CL, which would hardly be an upgrade over my Cap1 Cash Back cc. I have a corporate gas card so the rotating gas 5% category that Freedom offers is useless to me.

I should just take a deep breath, stop being hell-bent on app'ing for the Freedom, and watch my scores rise and rise.

Good thinking...I agree!Smiley Tongue

Message 680 of 972
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.