tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2013

@Swapmeet wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@ Tinuviel,

Welcome back to seedling status. It's not like I was in the garden... But the card that put me here was the freedom. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the sweet smell of freedom bro

That's more like sis! Smiley Wink

lol, my fault. I suppose I should be more cautious. I guess I don't consider gender when I say bro. I don't know if it's because I was born and raised in Southern California, or what. What is a cool sounding, one syllable word that Identifies a female? Because sis just won't cut it. I do apologize for the masculine insinuation though.

Don't worry a bit, I'm not offended. I've worked in the computer field for many, many years, which traditionally has been male dominated. I've always felt quite comfortable being "one of the guys." Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 51 of 1,535
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I pulled my EQ and TU scores from here today, expecting to see a ding on TU for the recent inqs. To my surprise, there was no ding. As a matter of fact, both of my scores remain unchanged from last month. It will be interesting to see what happens when the Freedom reports, but for now, I'm happy. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 52 of 1,535
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

@Default4 wrote:

Still here and coming up on two months. Oddly enough my Penfed card still hasn't reported... Once it does I may purchase a report on here to get an updated fico score. March 9th is the day I can ask for a cli with AMEX. I can't wait to see if I get the full 3x increase. Other then that I'm here to stay until at least August and more likely February.

My Penfed was approved on 2/6, activated on 2/17 and didn't report to credit bureus until yesterday (2/28).

Message 53 of 1,535
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@ txmomma26, welcome to the site -- and to the garden. It sounds like you are on the right track! 

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 54 of 1,535
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

I pulled my EQ and TU scores from here today, expecting to see a ding on TU for the recent inqs. To my surprise, there was no ding. As a matter of fact, both of my scores remain unchanged from last month. It will be interesting to see what happens when the Freedom reports, but for now, I'm happy. Smiley Happy

I hear you. I know that my Delta gold statement has already cut, but no report yet. I am kind of "on-edge", but your one month rebound story gives me hope. I expect that the Freedom will report for the first time around the 8th, and then the BCE will report around the 15th for the first time.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 55 of 1,535
culture
Regular Contributor

Hello I'm new to the forums  and the Garden   in Jan was able to get a car loan ( on force because the other one died ) and had a couple of things going on.

I will post later my whole story of going from 600 to 770... nothing special  just patience...  hope to kee getting good advice in this place....

Smiley Tongue

Message 56 of 1,535
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Welcome culture!

Just checking in myself. Hope to be here for about 6 months, but I might leave in May depending on my scores and whether or not I think I can pick up the last two cards that I want.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 57 of 1,535
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Hello everyone! February was really hard but I managed to keep my head down. This month marks my 6th month since my app spree last fall.  It also marks a year since I purchased a car - so those dealership inqs are aging nicely.  One CA fell off -Experian is fast! And the temptation is strong to app for a travel/hotel card. Smiley Sad

The weather is beautiful in So Cal so I'm going to pick up my spade and tend my accounts- 

Message 58 of 1,535
Lzzybeth
New Contributor

@Lzzybeth wrote:

I'm still here! I got a pre-screened AMEX Gold Card in the mail yet again last night, already dropped it in the locked shred bin at work.

Looking forward to collecting my silver space on March 28th!

To further outline my goals so you guys can help keep me honest: Smiley Happy

• SILVER SPADE at 6 months: on June 28th.
  • No apps until at least October (changed my signature line from July).

Hopefully by October, I'm in a position to app for a Chase or AMEX prime card! Then I'll be sitting in the garden for another year until starting the mortgage process in October 2014.

Garden Club Challenge: App Free Since 5/01/2021 and
No Apps Until 6/15/2022
Message 59 of 1,535
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Closing in on 16 months,

Last app was 30.10.2011

I'll drink to that!

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 60 of 1,535
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.