Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - March 2013

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2013

@pazuzu wrote:

Not only have I abstained from applying for new accts, I have also not requested any CLIs on the cards I have b/c that is credit seeking behavior, too.

THOU SHALT NOT SEEK ADDITIONAL CREDIT IN ANY FORM!

That means STAY AWAY FROM THE PAYPAL THREADS!!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 91 of 1,535
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I am still in the garden Smiley Happy less than a month to go until I reach silver.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 92 of 1,535
MYCherie
Regular Contributor

Hi Everyone!!! Smiley Happy

Starting: 563 | Current: 646 | Goal: 750.
Garden 09/24/2013

Message 93 of 1,535
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@brookele wrote:

Just noticed I passed my 1month mark and am now the proud owner of a shiny new bronze spade!

I did get a credit steps increase on my Cap1 rewards card, which just turned 6 months old a few days ago, so now that's at $750 (where it'll probably stay forever now, haha. actually, I'll probably just wait till I get closer to the AF date and contact EO and see if I can get that fee waived. or maybe I'll just pay it for another year, we'll see.)

I'm excited to garden and see everything grow. I'm only 22, so I'm just starting my journey and I've definitely got time, and I feel like - other than, arguably, Cap1 - I've got a good bunch of cards here that will grow well with me.

Congrats brookele! I will be joining the bronze spade club in 5 days. I am cringing tonight because I am pretty sure that the first of my three new cc accounts is going to report tomorrow. The statement cut on the 26th, so it is time to start facing the music -- this is how march is going to be for me. It's all good though, because the three accounts that I opened are my first three prime cards ever... And I am starting to get old at 33, lol. Anyway, enough rambling. Congrats again and have fun, everybody, in the garden.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 94 of 1,535
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@brookele wrote:

Just noticed I passed my 1month mark and am now the proud owner of a shiny new bronze spade!

I did get a credit steps increase on my Cap1 rewards card, which just turned 6 months old a few days ago, so now that's at $750 (where it'll probably stay forever now, haha. actually, I'll probably just wait till I get closer to the AF date and contact EO and see if I can get that fee waived. or maybe I'll just pay it for another year, we'll see.)

I'm excited to garden and see everything grow. I'm only 22, so I'm just starting my journey and I've definitely got time, and I feel like - other than, arguably, Cap1 - I've got a good bunch of cards here that will grow well with me.

Way to go -- congrats! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 95 of 1,535
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@MYCherie wrote:

Hi Everyone!!! Smiley Happy

Hello! Welcome to the March garden club!

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 96 of 1,535
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

I guess I plan to garden for 6 months.

Just got my first 4 credit cards. Well still waiting on 3 of them to arrive. 

Will just 61 day 3xCLI my Amex, and occasional GECRB increases on my Banana Republic, will let Amazon and Jcrew auto CLI, since I know Chase will Hard Pull, and Jcrew was just there to have one retail account. With these new accoutns my AAoA droped a bit, but 6 months from now it will be exactly 3 years, so should be good for applying for 3 more cards(Disover, Freedom, PenFed). After that I think I'll be done for good w/ CCs and only go for CLIs. Unless someone comes up with a 5% year round cashback on restaurants.

Message 97 of 1,535
Henchman21
Frequent Contributor

Officially joining the Garden Club. I'm planning on staying for 12 months, until inquiries are gone and spending that time working on derogs and hopefully getting some CLI! Smiley Happy
2/16/13 Scores EX: 594, TU:513, EQ:563 -- Cap One Secured: $200, Kay's: $400

GOAL #1: 625 -- CHECK!

3/31/15 Scores TU: 621 -- Cap One Secured: $750, Kay's: $900, CareCredit: $1000, Aerie $350, Fingerhut $1350

Goal #2: A travel card. REC ME!
Message 98 of 1,535
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

I will be gardening for 5 or 6 months until my credit improves have some inquiries drop off mainly history of payments improve. I've gotten my util to 20-25%
Got rid of two collections & deleted

So now just improve payment history hopefully in 6 months reopen my nordies & then apply for local bank cc. I have 3 credit builder from capital one. Tons of inquiries should drop off by then. Maybe get a few gw deletion as well. Going to limit apps one every 6 months.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 99 of 1,535
myjourney
Super Contributor

@sarkell wrote:
I will be gardening for 5 or 6 months until my credit improves have some inquiries drop off mainly history of payments improve. I've gotten my util to 20-25%
Got rid of two collections & deleted

So now just improve payment history hopefully in 6 months reopen my nordies & then apply for local bank cc. I have 3 credit builder from capital one. Tons of inquiries should drop off by then. Maybe get a few gw deletion as well. Going to limit apps one every 6 months.

Sounds like you have a great planSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 100 of 1,535
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.