Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - March 2013

tag
Axa
New Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2013

zyzzus wrote: Does anyone know how reliable quizzle is? I just got  my 6-month update and it according to them my CS is 726....

Quizzle, just like Credit Sesame (which also monitors Experian), supplies a FAKO score, not a genuine FICO. This service is only good for reviewing the items on your report and receiving alerts for changes in credit. The score should be completely ignored, unless it boosts your ego.

Maybe some others can chime in on this, because I think it's an appropriate topic for Garden chatter to get an idea of how we're monitoring our credit. I'm using Credit Karma and Credit Sesame.

I'd also be interested in knowing how Quizzle compares to Credit Sesame in terms of scoring models/systems and calculating things like AAOA. <<This question is also might have to be posted on another board, as getting slightly off topic. I may sign up just to see.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 641 of 1,535
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Axa wrote:

zyzzus wrote: Does anyone know how reliable quizzle is? I just got  my 6-month update and it according to them my CS is 726....

Quizzle, just like Credit Sesame (which also monitors Experian), supplies a FAKO score, not a genuine FICO. This service is only good for reviewing the items on your report and receiving alerts for changes in credit. The score should be completely ignored, unless it boosts your ego.

Maybe some others can chime in on this, because I think it's an appropriate topic for Garden chatter to get an idea of how we're monitoring our credit. I'm using Credit Karma and Credit Sesame.

I'd also be interested in knowing how Quizzle compares to Credit Sesame in terms of scoring models/systems and calculating things like AAOA. <<This question is also might have to be posted on another board, as getting slightly off topic. I may sign up just to see.

I agree that it's a FAKO, but since we can't buy our EX FICOs it's the only gauge that I have.

I use Credit Sesame for EX, Credit Karma for TU (and completely ignore their score!), and I purchase EQ's credit monitoring, since it allows me to see both hard AND soft inqs.

And I get my EQ and TU FICOs from here, which are what I report in my siggy. Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 642 of 1,535
Sass2009
Valued Member

I am new to gardening.  I have a few credit cards and just need to take care of them and not apply for anymore lines of credit.  I will probably be in this mode for the next year.  The past year has been about cleaning up my credit and now I am in building it up mode. 

Sass

Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 651
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

4/2012 - EX: 512, TU: 527, EQ: 530
02/13: TU: 628 EQ: 678 EX: 632 (FAKO)
Get in the 700 Club in 2013
Message 643 of 1,535
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Sass2009

Welcome to the garden! Put on your gloves and plant your seedling!
Message 644 of 1,535
Epcot
Valued Contributor

4 months in the garden! Getting close to when I hope to see some CLI on my walmart card.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 645 of 1,535
kg2488
New Contributor

First time here! After following a NFCU thread today..I felt like I needed to find a support group! LOL Smiley Indifferent No Apps or Inquiries since November. Today however I spent the entire day itching to hit the NFCU love button which would of course result in a HP. Always worth it...but I really have been committed to getting through 6 months resisting all temptation. I had a small App spree and my HP for my CLI in November. I feel like if I can make it through 6 months..the hard part will be over. I have been very content paying off cards and have my utilization down to 40% and my scores have been climbing. You don't even want to know what it was before! LOL I still have a long way to go I know. Auto CLI's have been rolling in and this seems to keep me from itching too much. I don't want any new credit right now, but an increase.. Mmmmm lol NFCU ohhh I have this week spot and I am so close to having my first 5 digit card with them. I am sure if I just wait and be patient they will give it to me on their own and for maybe even more than I would ask for....this gardening ain't easy I tell ya!!!!

Message 646 of 1,535
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@kg2488 - you are correct, gardening isn't easy! However, in the long run it will be worth the wait!

Welcome to the garden!
Message 647 of 1,535
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Merrick Bank gave me an auto CLI.

I guess they liked it when I dusted off the card and started using it again!

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 648 of 1,535
Axa
New Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

Merrick Bank gave me an auto CLI.

I guess they liked it when I dusted off the card and started using it again!

Woo! Hooray for you! Very nice.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 649 of 1,535
myjourney
Super Contributor

Hi all,

Well its my 71st day and so far im fighting the urge to app.

Staying strong with the help and support of myFico familySmiley Wink

So tonight is HAPPY HOURSmiley Very Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 650 of 1,535
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.