Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Meeting - March 2013

tag
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Club Meeting - March 2013

Greetings, fellow gardeners.

I hope to earn my broze spade at mid-month. Last month I apped for and got a Walmart Discover and an Amex BCE. I also knocked my utilization down from 32% to 14% and now to 8%. My scores went from low-mid 700s to high-mid 700s. Now to sit in that lawn chair in the garden and watch those AAoAs grow.

Hoping to stay in the garden until at least August, or better yet next February. Only 11-1/2 months to go!

Message 11 of 1,535
MYBEST
New Contributor

Hi everyone! I'am still hanging in there Smiley Happy

EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 12 of 1,535
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

Aww man, I thought they allowed it, or at least I heard they allowed it. Can you apply for any card and then PC it to the BCE other then the Delta? for charge cards, I know if you wanted to  downgrade or upgrade between charge cards they let you. But good to know, thank you!

You can PC through the same card grouping, according to the CSR; e.g. get a card in the blue group (blue, blue cash, BCE, or BCP) and you can PC to any other blue card...etc.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 13 of 1,535
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

I'm back, rising like a phoenix from the ashes after I got locked out of my old account. (Bye bye, IS2, and hello IS3....still me, despite my password problems!)

I am newly Golden as of February. Still gardening my little patio garden of two secured cards, BUT one of them is an Orchard card that is unsecuring. So this is my first unsecured card in close to 12 years. Score is moving in the right direction, although not as fast as I'd like but meh, what can you do. Rebuilding is going well too. A big tax return helped me with some PFD's, so I'm feeling pretty good.

It's not a fast process, but I'm up close to 150 points since June 2012 when I started. I'm ready for Spring, and can't wait to see how things will bloom.

Message 14 of 1,535
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@ Tinuviel,

Welcome back to seedling status. It's not like I was in the garden... But the card that put me here was the freedom. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the sweet smell of freedom bro! 

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 15 of 1,535
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

I'm officially in the garden after being unofficially in for 49 months (can you count the time you weren't a member of myFico? Smiley Happy )  Then I went on the app spree of my life and after successfully getting five new cards, 1 CLI on a new card and 2 CLIs on old cards, I am done for the time being.  I'll stick around for six months (Labor Day) when it will be time for some CLIs. Smiley Happy 

Discover, US Bank and Amex BCP, you'll be on notice then!

Actually, I can do the BCP in just 61 days.  Well, I guess my time in the garden for Spring will be short!

Message 16 of 1,535
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Still in the club...holding my purple watering can and gloves, and enjoying the company and good food...  Smiley Wink

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 17 of 1,535
Simply827
Established Contributor

Hi I'm new. I haven't had an app since 10/2011. Do I have to start at seedling or can I go to whatever level corresponds to that time? Thanks.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 18 of 1,535
myjourney
Super Contributor

Mark me as in attendance and hello my fellow gardenersSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 1,535
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I'd say go for the gold. Just because you didn't know you were in the garden does not mean that you weren't in the garden. I am no authority by any means, and this is my first time in the garden, so take my advice FWIW -- not much in this instance...lol.

My Wallet:
Message 20 of 1,535
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.